Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3-spoke stock jdm rims
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
mon3y19
i was wondering if anyone here thinks that jdm stock celica 3-spoke rims look nice? here's a picture...i dont know if i want to buy yet but it's not too bad....LMK what u guys think of it...

http://i5.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/06/88/df_1_b.JPG
WannabeGT4
They were the sh!t in 1994. Nobody likes them. Just cause it's JDM yo' doesn't make it cool!
mon3y19
QUOTE(WannabeGT4 @ Sep 28, 2005 - 9:42 AM)
They were the sh!t in 1994. Nobody likes them. Just cause it's JDM yo' doesn't make it cool!
[right][snapback]339055[/snapback][/right]

hey im a big fan of the 3 spokes...no dissin here...i just love JDM stuff...makes my car cool but not me...
WannabeGT4
QUOTE(mon3y19 @ Sep 28, 2005 - 9:47 AM)
i just love JDM stuff......makes my car cool.
[right][snapback]339059[/snapback][/right]

Not really.
azian_advanced
these are probably the only 3-spoke rims i like. Advan rims are soo hott bowdown.gif

user posted image
tim86
please dont get those jdm 3 spoke celica rims... they look horrible
Insanity-74
I agree, they are yuck....I have a set in my back yard that I`m just waiting to be bothered to throw away.
macavely
they look like where unfinshed...
purplegt4
those advans are cRAzy i have those on my celica & integra (dc5) in gran turismo 4 lol
Batman722
I have always loved those, I don't know why...
QUOTE(Insanity-74 @ Sep 28, 2005 - 3:31 PM)
I agree, they are yuck....I have a set in my back yard that I`m just waiting to be bothered to throw away.
[right][snapback]339135[/snapback][/right]

send them to me, I will pay all shipping $$ biggrin.gif biggrin.gif please biggrin.gif

also, the ebay aution for those wheels do not include the center caps.
Mr_E
Why the hell are you calling them JDM? All fours for all markets got them.

And they suck.
mon3y19
QUOTE(Mr_E @ Sep 29, 2005 - 9:05 AM)

And they suck.
[right][snapback]339424[/snapback][/right]

they are JDM by the way...and what the HELL are u talking about...we dont have em here in the US...oh yeah i know the guy selling them so blah...
Insanity-74
QUOTE(Batman722 @ Sep 29, 2005 - 7:48 AM)
I have always loved those, I don't know why...
QUOTE(Insanity-74 @ Sep 28, 2005 - 3:31 PM)
[right][snapback]339135[/snapback][/right]

send them to me, I will pay all shipping $$ biggrin.gif biggrin.gif please biggrin.gif

also, the ebay aution for those wheels do not include the center caps.
[right][snapback]339383[/snapback][/right]

If you can figure out a way to organise it, then take em they are all yours bud. Complete with cetre caps.....do you want the crappy tyres on them too????
Insanity-74
I`ll even take a picture

user posted image

free to anyone who can take em away, pay for the post and packing etc if you live in the states and they are yours.
The tyres are flat and I`m not sure if they are servicable and to be honest I dont really care. the alloys are straight and OK, one needs a refurb but to be honest they all could do with some TLC.

Oh ..... the Tyres are Bridgestone Blizzards!!!!
Mr_E
QUOTE(mon3y19 @ Sep 29, 2005 - 10:41 AM)

And they suck.

they are JDM by the way...and what the HELL are u talking about...we dont have em here in the US...oh yeah i know the guy selling them so blah...
[right][snapback]339448[/snapback][/right]

All FOURs in all markets got them. They are not Jap Domestic Market specific.
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(Mr_E @ Sep 29, 2005 - 1:11 PM)
QUOTE(mon3y19 @ Sep 29, 2005 - 10:41 AM)

And they suck.

[right][snapback]339448[/snapback][/right]

All FOURs in all markets got them. They are not Jap Domestic Market specific.
[right][snapback]339476[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, they are in all markets with the GT-4, but usually in American we refer to anything on a Japanese car that we don't get and everyone else does, JDM. When we talk about getting the headlights that you guys get over there, we call those JDM's too. I've never actually even heard of the term EDM (European Domestic Market). It's not proper to call all things that, but it's just the term generally used.

EDIT: Just thought I'd add, I like the 3 spokes. I wish I had some on my car.
playr158
FYI.....you want JDM yo go back to honda....
"EDM (European Domestic Market). " this we call EURO not EDM.....but
those rims are straight nastly don't do a thing for you....and defenitly NOT COOL
Coomer
What size are those rims? 16x7"?
Mr_E
QUOTE(Coomer @ Sep 30, 2005 - 1:25 AM)
[right][snapback]339760[/snapback][/right]

Think so. Might be 16x7.5.
Project95St202
Wow everyone bashing on the old school Celica rims confused.gif
Now .... which is year 2005 ... times have changed alot & I think there are much more aftermarket parts out on the market then the years those old school Celica rims were out. No disrespect to anyone on the forum but I bet if we had to all go back to that time frame of the old school Celica rims I bet ya'll, that ya'll would rather have that 3 spoke so call ugly rims on your Celica rather then some ugly a** scratched up hub caps. Let's not judge on someone else's creation just because you see some new after market rims like Volk,Racing harts,Work,5 Zigan,Advan, & HRE's. I know those 3 spoke rims were the S*** back in the days without a doubt. Once again no disrespect to anyone & I might be a new comer but some of you truly got the ugliest rims that I have ever seen.
Batman722
QUOTE(Mr_E @ Sep 30, 2005 - 5:30 AM)
QUOTE(Coomer @ Sep 30, 2005 - 1:25 AM)
[right][snapback]339760[/snapback][/right]

Think so. Might be 16x7.5.
[right][snapback]339797[/snapback][/right]

correct
user posted image
user posted image

I just may bid...
purplegt4
QUOTE(playr158 @ Sep 30, 2005 - 1:52 AM)
FYI.....you want JDM yo go back to honda....
"EDM (European Domestic Market). " this we call EURO not EDM.....but
those rims are straight nastly don't do a thing for you....and defenitly NOT COOL
[right][snapback]339745[/snapback][/right]

you tell 'em that parking lot lingo!
playr = paul wall

LMAO
SSJChar
im not a fan of them. they look alot like sunfire rims/hubcaps to me.
Hanyo
i like them.. If I was doing a gt4 front end conversion i would take those rims off your hands. Nothing beats the authentic GT4 looks in the states.
Mr_E
QUOTE(Project95St202 @ Oct 1, 2005 - 1:22 AM)
Wow everyone bashing on the old school Celica rims  confused.gif
Now .... which is year 2005 ... times have changed alot & I think there are much more aftermarket parts out on the market then the years those old school Celica rims were out. No disrespect to anyone on the forum but I bet if we had to all go back to that time frame of the old school Celica rims I bet ya'll, that ya'll would rather have that 3 spoke so call ugly rims on your Celica rather then some ugly a** scratched up hub caps. Let's not judge on someone else's creation just because you see some new after market rims like Volk,Racing harts,Work,5 Zigan,Advan, & HRE's. I know those 3 spoke rims were the S*** back in the days without a doubt. Once again no disrespect to anyone & I might be a new comer but some of you truly got the ugliest rims that I have ever seen.
[right][snapback]340125[/snapback][/right]

Nope, I've always hated them I'm afraid. From day one.

One of the reasons I bought a facelifted car.
mon3y19
i've always called it JDM because they were made in Japan dude...it's japan product mon...if it was from europe or something i'd call it euro...but it doesn't matter...JDM...someone bid?...
Batman722
I missed it. I was out doing something else. Actually, I was doing this and this biggrin.gif
Driveby
My GT4 came with those on and tbh theyre fugly and were taken off and replaced straight away but theyre going back on for the winter to protect me pimp 18"'s biggrin.gif
Also worth noting is they came with super sticky tyres that grip like **** on a blanket so should have some fun with them till theyre dead.
Celica_Fan
my mitsubishi mirage has what we call tri spokes on it I bought my car with them on the guy put them on oz racing rims 17'' tyres 215/45 R17 to wide for the car I won't be keeping those and putting them on the celica when I get it next year Tri spokes suck.
Celica_Fan
the chrome tri spokes look cool http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-36407685.htm

I love the JDM celicas theres heaps of em over here tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.