Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Hp measurments in place
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
saleeka
i just found out that power output ratings have changed to reflect more realistic driving conditions and situations, thus decreasing many cars official outputs... i noticed over at toyota, the basic corolla/matrix/ex celica motor now is rated at 126 HP, the XRS motor at 164... this lead to me thinking about the new civic Si, and how I read that it was the most advanced K20 motor yet produced, yet its only 197 hp... If the toyota J motors have dropped about 10-15 hp, average, thanks to the new measurement tactics, that must put the Si K at around 210ish, old style measurments... As i've already stated, i'm undecided on the new civic's interior- but with the Si's retal under just 20G, this car makes the Tc for 17G look not so great anymore- the civic is clearly much much more sport oriented, better sound system, more capability performance wise, i say better outer wrapper, NOT a hatch... things are getting sticky in the Toyota Vs. Honda marketplace....
BigEdge169
The SAE really cracked down on auto manufactured recently with the new measurements. The scary thing is that the new Z06 adheres to the new standards so the claimed output of 505 hp is very close, if not lower to its actual output, which is a scary thing.
macavely
very intresting ... makes me want the civic si even more now...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.