Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cusco lower brace
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
GT4WRC
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Haven't had the chance to take it for a decent blat yet, but initial impressions are good. Steering seems more direct and the car definately turns in better smile.gif
Gary
Magic
Nice one!!!I remember when i was installing my cusco!!
How was the installation?Easy??smile.gif
jgreening
Do either of you know whether this piece fits the ST202-204? I have considered this but have not been able to confirm that fitment is the same.
Magic
Jay i will ask and let you know dude smile.gif
jgreening
QUOTE(Magic @ Oct 7, 2005 - 4:35 AM)
Jay i will ask and let you know dude smile.gif
[right][snapback]342148[/snapback][/right]

Thanks Magic.
Clipsetuner
I ordered my Front/Rear Strut Bars and Lower Frame brace from Cusco, so we'll see soon enough if it fits, or if Ill have one for sale.

DTE
GT4WRC
I'd sat that if the ST202/4 has Superstrut, then it is going to fit. I wouldn't be so sure if it is the macpherson type though.

Fitting isn't as straighforward as you would think. 3 out of 4 bolts are easypeasy - especially with air tools to hand wink.gif Bolt number 4, by the sump is an issue. Needed to undo the cambelt end engine mount so the motor could be 'lifted' up that end to allow clearance for the suspension bolt to be removed and the replacement one to be inserted mad.gif Otherwise it would have been a 5 minute job rolleyes.gif It may be different for the ST202/4 - depends on the sump layout on teh motors as I think the Gen III 3S-GTE is different to the n/a ones.
Gary
jgreening
QUOTE(GT4WRC @ Oct 7, 2005 - 2:32 PM)
I'd say that if the ST202/4 has Superstrut, then it is going to fit. I wouldn't be so sure if it is the macpherson type though.

[right][snapback]342260[/snapback][/right]

hmmm....I think you are right. I didn't notice that the mounting points are the exact same as the suspension arms. I guess I will wait for clipsetuner to try to install it.
JoKeRkId613
wannabe, i sent you a pm. i got a lil emergency. sry for intruding on this topic. lol.

edit: nice brace btw
Driveby
They do make a noticeable difference, especially when your romping it on corners wink.gif
I have the same style brace though made by J-Spec and its red not cusco blue smile.gif
Junior
anyone fit version 1 and 2 at the same time? Wondering what the feel is.
Mr_E
Most interesting. Where from, and how much if I may be so bold?
Batman722
QUOTE(Mr_E @ Oct 10, 2005 - 8:28 AM)
Most interesting. Where from, and how much if I may be so bold?
[right][snapback]342948[/snapback][/right]

I know bulletproofautomotive.com has them, here, about $150USD
soulshadow
How do you guys go about installing these? Your engine / wheels aren't gonna fall ontop of you while installing these are they?
soulshadow
Dam If I knew about this bulletproof site long ago, I would have gone on a mad money spending frenzy for supension parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.