Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Struts seem to be loose or something.....
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
soulshadow
Ok, I noticed today that my struts tend to move left and right when you rotate them by hand when there not connected with the 2 big bolts that hold them to the rotor/thingy ma jig. Is this normal for the celicas??? I thought that the struts were supposed to be locked in place and not moving at all? I'm guessing that when I turn the steering wheel the same thing happens too!
Kwanza26
There is a certain amount of movement that the struts can make... they turn when you turn, they can flex with compression, etc... so no... they aren't stationary... ;]
Galcobar
The steering knuckle, and the tie rods and controls arms attached to it, are what guide the struts and keep them in line with your car. That's why those bolts are so big...
st202gt
one of mine are like that. I am recommend changing one of the blow struct mount.
check maybe you strut mount are going out. also check the your tire, if it chamber in or out. If so, you must replace them.
soulshadow
My wheels suck, I can feel every pebble, crack, bump, insect I run over on the road. Do you guys have this problem with Low-profle tires?
celicaGT96
QUOTE(soulshadow @ Oct 11, 2005 - 4:34 PM)
My wheels suck, I can feel every pebble, crack, bump, insect I run over on the road. Do you guys have this problem with Low-profle tires?
[right][snapback]343445[/snapback][/right]

DUDE YES!!!!!!!
I have the worst of all things....low pros, body kit, lowered car......man it was ok when i just got the tires and rims, but when i dropped it......its a real pain to drive off the freeway. frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.