Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EBC greenstuff not fitting
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
dahoman9
Does anyone else have an issue with the front EBC greenstuff pads being a little small for the calipers?

http://www.performancepartz.com/product_in...roducts_id=1040

Those are what I got. Is it supposed to be very loose? I didn't want to put it on if it's gonna fall off.
playr158
i didn't have an issue with mine, are you sure you reinstalled and the hardware as well?
dahoman9
QUOTE(playr158 @ Oct 14, 2005 - 11:33 AM)
i didn't have an issue with mine, are you sure you reinstalled and the hardware as well?
[right][snapback]344582[/snapback][/right]

I didn't install it yet. I slid it into the calipers and it's like very loose. The old pads fit on without me having to hold it in with my hands. However the Greenstuff, I have to hold it cause it can move back and forth, up and down. The box says it fits the Celica....

Also, were there shims in the back? I dont see any with mine.
playr158
you need to either reuse your shims or get new ones......
but you have to make sure you use all the hardware, clips, springs, links, bolts wat ever and unless it was a packing error
dahoman9
ok, I got the rears in. but the front it seems to be too small. Clips are in I put the old ones back in, so I'm doing it right. Maybe these are the ones for the ST. Where did you get your greenstuff brake pads?
playr158
www.tirerack.com

if you REALLY want to know if they are too small
put it back to back with your old pads wink.gif
Insanity-74
I`ll give you 2 weeks before the standard pads go back on...greenstuff are terrible terrible pads, red stuff are slightly better, the dont work very well and squeel like buggery, the only bonus to them is that they dont produce much brake dust. Sorry to be a nay sayer but I hated the greenstuff pads that I had.
playr158
yea i remember the greenstuff vs other thread

i love my greenstuff never had an issue with them they work wonders
others hate them
its a hit or miss thing
Mr_E
QUOTE(Insanity-74 @ Oct 15, 2005 - 8:22 AM)
I`ll give you 2 weeks before the standard pads go back on...greenstuff are terrible terrible pads, red stuff are slightly better, the dont work very well and squeel like buggery, the only bonus to them is that they dont produce much brake dust. Sorry to be a nay sayer but I hated the greenstuff pads that I had.
[right][snapback]344841[/snapback][/right]

Greenstuff seem to be OK on N/A Celicas. A ST205 will destroy a set of greenstuffs inside 2000miles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.