Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The big 5sfte post changes
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
shid
Pressure just posted the Turbo FAQ links, which made me realized I hadn't completed the big 5sfte post, and there's still some stuff in there that needs to be corrected, added etc.

Knowledgable minds, post that stuff here and I'll edit it in so the post can be semi complete.
presure2
just a few off the top of my head.
BIGGER INJECTORS
the 315cc supra injectors are just TOO SMALL.
-3an oil feed line w/restrictor.
at LEAST stock sized return (-10an, -12an prefered) and keep the line as straight and kink free as possible
e-manage or simalar over the SAFCII & BTM combo, MUCH better control.
and IMO the biggest thing,
PROPER TUNING!!!!!!
wink.gif
urbandork
wide band o2 sensor and gauge is always helpful.
Punch
presure2 I tryed 7mg(t)e supra injectors they did not pulg up....
the good thing I had some JDM 4age injectors they pulged up fine.... i will take pics...soon..
presure2
QUOTE(Punch @ Oct 21, 2005 - 5:04 PM)
presure2  I tryed 7mg(t)e supra injectors they did not pulg up....
the good thing I had some JDM 4age injectors they pulged up fine.... i will take pics...soon..
[right][snapback]347480[/snapback][/right]

supra turbo injectors WILL NOT WORK.
thats a known thing.
the 315s from the NA supra is what we used to use.
shin
Punch. you're suppose to use the 7MGE injectors not the 7MG(T)E injectors.. but anywho... how big is the 4AGE injectors? for the 5sfte you'll need at least 440cc.
Punch
I got the 7mge they did not fit... 7mge & 7mgte pulge are the same...
NEVERSTOP
my 7mge's fit just fine when I test fitted em and they didn't leak or anything, are you sure you got the right kind? they should look like this

user posted image

last I knew you could use these for a 5sfte project. I have seen pressure2 post that bigger is better but I am assuming that is due to his HP goals, correct me if that is wrong.. really dont wanna shell out more $ for injectors if I dont have to.
Punch
QUOTE(NEVERSTOP @ Oct 23, 2005 - 10:01 AM)
my 7mge's fit just fine when I test fitted em and they didn't leak or anything, are you sure you got the right kind? they should look like this

user posted image

last I knew you could use these for a 5sfte project. I have seen pressure2 post that bigger is better but I am assuming that is due to his HP goals, correct me if that is wrong.. really dont wanna shell out more $ for injectors if I dont have to.
[right][snapback]347983[/snapback][/right]

yes those are the ones the 7mgte injectors are the same pluges...
they did not fit I must have a diffrent model but the 4age injectors are the same size as the 7mge if I go bigger I will get 4agze injectors, or turnup the fuel from the FPR....
epinasty
Pressure2 got 200WHP with those injectors right?
Would you say that's the most you can get without going to
the 440cc ones? What if you added a fuel pressure regulator?
presure2
NOOOOO
i DID NOT GET 200WHP with those 315s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it was on 460cc injectors.
the 315s are ONLY GOOD for 192whp WIDE OPEN
lagos
please stop using those damn 315cc green tops! they are just too damn small. just look at mannys dynos to see how lean your car is with those things.
NEVERSTOP
the 315s are ONLY GOOD for 192whp WIDE OPEN

Well that suites me just fine HP wise, not lookin to break 6gc hp records with mine smile.gif . Has anyone had any problems with these injectors running too lean though?
presure2
neverstop, id REALLY look @ bigger injectors, even @ low boost, you'll be on the lean side with the 315s, just search around for itchyb dyno charts for an example.
i know i was VERY lean even @ 8-9psi.
macavely
this should be this frist thing in really really big red letters.... Do your homework.. read what a turbo is what makes it work .. what an engine needs to make it work right ... what keep it running smooth...
presure2
neverstop and everyone else,
this pic will give you an idea of JUST how lean it is with the 315cc injectors.
excuse my nose in the pic wink.gif
user posted image
NEVERSTOP
well that sucks frown.gif

Can I ask what PSI you where running for those dynos??

I am looking to run 5-7psi max and would like to get away with just using the supra fuel pump, vortec fmu and the injectors I already have. im NOT looking for high hp outta my 5sfte... honestly dont really give a crap about how fast this car is, im really building the thing cuz im bored and have the parts to, and would like to build the cleanest/professonal/effecient 5sfte setup to date. im more concerned about keeping it running and not blowing my internals into future paperweights (blown pistons are great for that wink.gif ). However I do respect your opinion on this pressure cuz you have done the testing/research, so if you think I will need em with my goals then I will get em smile.gif

Thanks
presure2
never, if your using a '26, you wont be able to run 5 lbs, minimum will be 7.
that run you see there was @ 8 creeping to 9 or so in the upper rpms.
ummmx2
if your looking to keep your 5sfe running, then i would DEFINITELY get those injectors. the rx7's arent that expensive in the first place so y not just get them.
NEVERSTOP
Okay I will get the bigger injectors.. it just kinda frustrating cuz this will be the 3rd set now of injectors I have got for this project.. and I just recently had the 315cc ones cleaned, gonna hang onto em though for now who knows might end up using them if I feel that im running too rich once everything is installed.. sounds like im not gonna be but with my luck I would get rid of em then need em wink.gif

so exactly which injectors do I need then for the 5sfte 440cc or 460cc?? and which gen rx7? and turbo or non? part number would be great also. Are they a direct plug and play or is mods required?

Im sure there was a post all about this and the info is all there but I missed it and I have no luck with the search function on this site

Thanks
NEVER-
lagos
copy and pasted from mannys profile :
460cc RX-7 injectors Pt. #195500-2010,
NEVERSTOP
460cc RX-7 injectors Pt. #195500-2010 <--- that woulda worked just fine rolleyes.gif
shin
i'll take pics if ya need them neverstop
but here are the info
RX7 injectors from 88-91 NA S5 series RX7s
red top
top feed high impendance
part#195500-2010

someone's selling on ebay now Item number: 8010571976
NEVERSTOP
Thanks Shin!

Only other question I have is weither or not they need any mods to fit/work. Assuming they don't since nothing has been metioned.

Thanks
NEVER-

Edit: Also has anyone had any probs using these injectors with running too rich at idle or stop and go traffic??
presure2
never, theyre plug and play.
i am pulling about 10% fuel in my lo-throttle map on the SAFCII
idles perfectly, and i get about 350mi to a tank of gas..when im not driving like a boost crazy madman wink.gif
shin
yea wat manny said. i haven't got mine in yet. but miracly, those rx7 injectors fir our 5s perfectly. just like the intake adapters for those with MAF, they fit some mazda cars too. biggrin.gif
Punch
do you guy have picks ..I can get RX-7 injectors...
I have a friend that has a RX-7 shop...
NEVERSTOP
Thanks Guys!
95celgt
LOL, i had an rx7, traded it for an ST about 3 weeks ago, but my friend has 7 FC's, lots of injectors lying around that for sure....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.