Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how about you?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Shigexile
so the car reached 127K miles on it and started to get some engine problems. (gaskets cracking and what not). i drive the car as a saily driver and i barley get on it. But the thing is, the car keeps getting engine check light and oil leaking and all that other fun stuff.
so, i just wanna ask, when did your celi start acting like it needs constant tune ups and checks and fixing stuff? Is it normal for the celi to start doing this around this mileage?
dustin15brown
170k and all i have is a bad 02 sensor
Bigmeanbulldog55
I've got 140k on mine, and it's never really acted up. I keep everything changed before it goes wrong. It's had 2 tune ups now. One at 75, and one at about 135. If you put the love into it, it'll show the love back.
Shigexile
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Oct 16, 2005 - 1:13 AM)
I've got 140k on mine, and it's never really acted up.  I keep everything changed before it goes wrong.  It's had 2 tune ups now.  One at 75, and one at about 135.  If you put the love into it, it'll show the love back.
[right][snapback]345073[/snapback][/right]

yeah well, after i got the new clutch, knock sensor, and vaccum, the car was in great condition. then after about 2-3 days of driving, the check engine light comes back on. Oil is leaking from the car and i think i have a cracked gaskt? The car is over wellming (spell) me...
Driveby
42,000 miles on now and the damn thing needed a new thermostat, oh the joy, I love my GT4 biggrin.gif
ghostdog
yup I'm there with you man. gotta replace the head gasket, front wheel bearing, probably some other minor stuff. plan is to take care of any problems during winter and turbo in the spring
Shigexile
yeah, thats a good idea. Over the winter... The problem is that i have to drive back home in december from the very southern tip of IL to chicago for winter break... (5hrs going 80mph)
i know i'll have the car fixed by then but i wish it won't act up when driving home in the middle of no where.
ILuvMyCelica95
yep yep i hear that My baby has 167K actually i think she's closer to 168 and she's burning more oil, needed new shocks, and needs a motor mount bad, she's also due for a tune up if i can find the time. confused.gif I'm sure i'll find other things wrong when i get under the car, but hey, she's an old car, they have issues. lol.
ghostdog
QUOTE(Shigexile @ Oct 16, 2005 - 12:29 PM)
yeah, thats a good idea. Over the winter... The problem is that i have to drive back home in december from the very southern tip of IL to chicago for winter break... (5hrs going 80mph)
i know i'll have the car fixed by then but i wish it won't act up when driving home in the middle of no where.
[right][snapback]345149[/snapback][/right]

she'll be ok. besides any major problems these cars can take a real beating
cyb593
you also have a 94 and the cars before 96 when they dont use the computer the check engine light will come on for stupid ****. so take that in consideration. such as hoses and other stuff. but i havent had any trouble with mine either.
lagos
where is the oil leak coming from? what does the cel light say its wrong. they sound like 2 really easy things to fix
Shigexile
QUOTE(lagos @ Oct 16, 2005 - 2:00 PM)
where is the oil leak coming from? what does the cel  light say its wrong. they sound like 2 really easy things to fix
[right][snapback]345210[/snapback][/right]

i'm guessing its coming from the oil pan but not sure. lots of white/blue smoke coming out. the oil is quite bubbly and really dark even thou its like 4 days old.

whats the reason why the oil is so bubbly and and dark after such a short time?
lilmancelica94
I have 172k on my celi and I haven't had any problems other than a little blue smoke out of the tail pipe on occasion. Transmission, engine, and suspension all running perfectly smooth. I love this car to death.
lagos
check your oil and then check your coolant. ...see if they look like milk with coffee.
Shigexile
QUOTE(lagos @ Oct 16, 2005 - 2:39 PM)
check your oil and then check your coolant. ...see if they look like milk with coffee.
[right][snapback]345227[/snapback][/right]

the coolant looks a little brown. kind of like lite tea looking color. But the thing is that it looked like that since i got the car.
Shigexile
smells normal too
celicast3sgte
anyone else thinking head gasket? easy fix if you know how and have a couple sockets you can have it off and cleaned up with a tune up in a day.
Shigexile
*deleted*
Shigexile
sorry, i'm not knowledgeable enough
lagos
take it to a shop and have it check out. its really hard to diagnose this type of stuff over the net and all you can do is guess.
celicaGT96
she'll be ok. besides any major problems these cars can take a real beating
[right][snapback]345170[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I agree, i love my car and it has not that much but, 107k on it, but i always take real good care of her, with tune ups, oil changes, checks, just as long as you maintaine they will stay strong.
the only major problem i have with mine is i need a new radiator, cuz its leaking from 3 very small cracks on the top.
.............but its ok though, at least it gives me a reason to get a new koyo wink.gif

p.s.the very small cracks somehow grew and its leaking pretty bad soo thats why im replacing.
Digndoug
QUOTE(Shigexile @ Oct 16, 2005 - 3:16 PM)
QUOTE(lagos @ Oct 16, 2005 - 2:39 PM)
[right][snapback]345227[/snapback][/right]

the coolant looks a little brown. kind of like lite tea looking color. But the thing is that it looked like that since i got the car.
[right][snapback]345235[/snapback][/right]

QUOTE(celicast3sgte @ Oct 16, 2005 - 4:59 PM)
anyone else thinking head gasket? easy fix if you know how and have a couple sockets you can have it off and cleaned up with a tune up in a day.
[right][snapback]345253[/snapback][/right]

Yup you need to replace the headgasket there buddy.. Not that hard of a job, but will require a few good cd's and a case of beer and a day off with a buddy. This is when 4 cyls are da shiznit. haha..

Mines guna hit 147k in a day now.. well once i start driving it again. The wheel baring is busted and i need to replace the hub, cause replacing the baring didnt work. Burns some oil, 1 quart every 2k.. and well runs fine.
CelicaZR
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Oct 16, 2005 - 1:13 AM)
If you put the love into it, it'll show the love back.
[right][snapback]345073[/snapback][/right]

So true wink.gif
If you treat it right, no reason for it to let you down.
Sounds so much like a girlfriend tongue.gif

Shigexile
i know. i'm briging it to a shop this tues.
thanks for the help guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.