Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Code 52
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
Rjb23
Ok, I'm getting a code 52 the knock sensor code, what should I check for? Besides that the wire is attached to the knock sensor?
lagos
http://celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10155
52 - KNK Open or short circuit in Knock Sensor Check for broken/brittle wire, Replace Sensor

most likely you didnt get under the car and plug the knock sensor in
Rjb23
Nope it was plugged in, maybe I un-plugged it when I was fixing a coolant leak on that hose that is back there today.

If I throw a code 52 is it possible to put my car into limp mode?
lagos
yeah the car will run like **** witout the knock sensor. you sure you are thinking about the same location, cause i dont remember any coolant hoses in that area.
Rjb23
Yea its to on the driverside near the TVIS the coolent hose that is.

The knock sensor is the sensor in the back of the block under throttle body right? I just checked it and it feels like its plugged in, I can check it better tommorow I'll jack the car back up.
Rjb23
So I basically need to find the knock sensor on my ecu and see if its got a short in it right? And if there is no short probably the sensor is bad?
Rjb23
Ok so I pulled the plug off my knock sensor and reset my ECU. With out pluging it back in I started the car let it idle for a little then checked up codes, just like Dg told me to do. And no more code 52. Does this mean my sensor is bad?

I think that the connection is bad because when I was fixing the coolent leak I think some coolent got in the knock sensor connection because it looked wet and grease, I'm going to get some wire dryer and spray it in there and see what happens.
lagos
i think it takes a bit of driving to get the cel to come back on again if its still doing it
Rjb23
Yea its still doing it.

Here is what the engine is doing. If I step on the gas kinda hard it will bong down, but if I let off the gas, and barely press it, it will accelerate but not like it should.

I'm still getting code 21 and 52.
lagos
21 - O2 Detection of oxygen sensor detoriation Check oxygen sensor
21 - O2 Open or short circuit in o2 sensor heater Check oxygen sensor

try looking at the bgb... they probably have some system for testing the knock sensor

for code 52, it says : Check for broken/brittle wire, Replace Sensor
celicast3sgte
^^^ hes good...
Rjb23
Yea already read the BGB stuff didn't help. I guess I'll just replace the sensor and see if that helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.