Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E-Brake
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
o0black0o
Simple question i think.

Does hitting the e-brake condone a massive use of gas?

I have this one corner that is perfect for sliding my back in around, so I hit the e-brake and tap the break to make it lose traction. After it like 2 mintues my gas meter just falls down alot .
Kwanza26
No... but it can condone a massive use of money when you slide into something hard... ;]... I don't condone that...

Actually... the gas in your tank moves with the car. Sometimes when gas moves, it'll trigger the fuel sending unit to measure incorrectly...
Bigmeanbulldog55
You have no business doing those kinds of "stunts." You do however have business going to AutoShop class. Ask yourself this, "how do my brakes work?" "What is connected to what?" "How does the engine and fuel delivery work?" I could tell you the answer to this, but it's one of those give a man a fish / teach a man to fish things. Good luck.

Please, no one answer this, make him find it out. It'll really be good for him.

EDIT: Ah, dang you Kwanza. I knew I should have typed quicker before someone else had a chance to post. Black, you still need to do some research there buddy.
o0black0o
Considering Im still a beginer on engine and physics of a car, I'll check into it. Be good for me to learn more about my car.
Kwanza26
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Oct 17, 2005 - 4:52 AM)
You have no business doing those kinds of "stunts."  You do however have business going to AutoShop class.  Ask yourself this, "how do my brakes work?"  "What is connected to what?"  "How does the engine and fuel delivery work?"  I could tell you the answer to this, but it's one of those give a man a fish / teach a man to fish things.  Good luck.

Please, no one answer this, make him find it out.  It'll really be good for him.

EDIT:  Ah, dang you Kwanza.  I knew I should have typed quicker before someone else had a chance to post.  Black, you still need to do some research there buddy.
[right][snapback]345447[/snapback][/right]

Sorry... I do still laugh about that rear brake and mid engine buisness though... LOL... can hardly blame people since drifting is the new hot fad. Oh well... even myself... with a LOT of racing background have totalled two cars in race situations... so yeah... I don't think you should be doing this stuff when you don't understand a car's physics... Poor road conditions, sudden tire failure, or a few mph too fast and you'll regret it.

On a side note... I get too much crap for trying to "teach people to fish"... so I've been simply "giving fish" recently...
nowitzon
no do it its good for the car really, ure actually saving gas
soulshadow
LOL, keep it up and you might need to visit a doctor soon as well as new tires. Drifting is fun, but it eats your tires.

playr158
for all holy heck.......stop saying drifting...your just insulting the sport......say........"idiodically wasting tires, and really being UNCOOL"
FallenHero
QUOTE(playr158 @ Oct 17, 2005 - 9:52 PM)
for all holy heck.......stop saying drifting...your just insulting the sport......say........"idiodically wasting tires, and really being UNCOOL"
[right][snapback]345844[/snapback][/right]

quote of the month!
zachattack15
Ass dragging
Bigmeanbulldog55
ALthough there are very few, there still are a cuple of FWD drift cars. They are specially set up though.
playr158
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Oct 18, 2005 - 9:22 AM)
ALthough there are very few, there still are a cuple of FWD drift cars.  They are specially set up though.
[right][snapback]345901[/snapback][/right]

rolleyes.gif *bangs head against the wall*
Bigmeanbulldog55
I've been trying to find that video of that guy drifting the 89-93 civic hatch. I can't find it, and I'm giving up for now. Anyone have this saved somewere. It's an actual car mad for drifting and it's FWD. It's the only purpose build drifting FWD I've even seen though.
FallenHero
QUOTE(zachattack15 @ Oct 18, 2005 - 7:00 AM)
Ass dragging
[right][snapback]345898[/snapback][/right]

what he said. no more posting in this thread
Bigmeanbulldog55
Why does this upset you guys so much? This is a real question. I'm just curious to this. It gets on my nerves to see idiots doing stupid things in their cars, but the word drifting was around before the sport. I'd call it dragging if the e-brake it pulled, other wise I'd call it just sliding. If I did that, would less people be offended? Rally guys have been doing this for years. Maybe it's just associating the FWD with the drifting sport?
MonsterBOX
look for all u dumbasses that like to drift in fwd cars and scew up ur brakes and tires and possibly rear end alignment try TRAY SLIDING!!!! its insane....go to arby's, steal 2 trays that you put ur food on, go to a bigass parking lot when no cars are around. Then, put the trays up against the back of ur rear wheels and back onto them, once ur on them pull the e-brake and drive....loud noise means u are on the trays now go bout 20mph and turn the wheel all i can say is HOLD THE HELL ON!.....trays last bout 10 mins and its alot better than burning rubber when u have the urge to be a jackass
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(MonsterBOX @ Oct 18, 2005 - 9:39 PM)
look for all u dumbasses that like to drift in fwd cars and scew up ur brakes and tires and possibly rear end alignment try TRAY SLIDING!!!! its insane....go to arby's, steal 2 trays that you put ur food on, go to a bigass parking lot when no cars are around. Then, put the trays up against the back of ur rear wheels and back onto them, once ur on them pull the e-brake and drive....loud noise means u are on the trays now go bout 20mph and turn the wheel all i can say is HOLD THE HELL ON!.....trays last bout 10 mins and its alot better than burning rubber when u have the urge to be a jackass
[right][snapback]346146[/snapback][/right]

Wow, you really hate some people, don't you? I still don't understand why all the hate. The only time I've ever slid the back is while driving off road and taking a hard enough turn that it would be advantageous. Tray sliding sounds like a bad idea.

This should get moved to off topic probably. The subject has clear changed and I think the original question was answered a long time ago.
MonsterBOX
no man no hate no hate!!... wink.gif i am a jackass too
Kwanza26
*sigh*

I've covered this too many times... "Drift/Drifting" as a verb, is losing traction in all 4 wheels. "Drift/Drifting" as a noun is the sport of controlling that traction loss. FWD cars CANNOT "drift" like the noun because they cannot maintain that traction loss for more than a few seconds without MASSIVE understeer (like off the road/track understeer). FWD cars can do the verb "drift" (traction loss in all 4 corners)... all cars can do the verb. The only people who try to "drift" their FWD imports are the people trying to jump in on the new fad. I hear too many drifting stories at work... and it all gets REALLY boring REALLY fast. The American import tuning world really butchers and fogs the truth that the sport (drifting) requires a LOT of skill to do and is NOT for FWD cars.
ILuvMyCelica95
QUOTE(playr158 @ Oct 18, 2005 - 1:46 PM)
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Oct 18, 2005 - 9:22 AM)
ALthough there are very few, there still are a cuple of FWD drift cars.  They are specially set up though.
[right][snapback]345901[/snapback][/right]

rolleyes.gif *bangs head against the wall*
[right][snapback]345947[/snapback][/right]

user posted image

hhahaha

even I'm getting sick of all this drifting FWD cars. Where's Manny at? lock this ****.
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(Kwanza26 @ Oct 19, 2005 - 12:56 AM)
*sigh*

I've covered this too many times...  "Drift/Drifting" as a verb, is losing traction in all 4 wheels.  "Drift/Drifting" as a noun is the sport of controlling that traction loss.  FWD cars CANNOT "drift" like the noun because they cannot maintain that traction loss for more than a few seconds without MASSIVE understeer (like off the road/track understeer).  FWD cars can do the verb "drift" (traction loss in all 4 corners)... all cars can do the verb.  The only people who try to "drift" their FWD imports are the people trying to jump in on the new fad.  I hear too many drifting stories at work... and it all gets REALLY boring REALLY fast.  The American import tuning world really butchers and fogs the truth that the sport (drifting) requires a LOT of skill to do and is NOT for FWD cars.
[right][snapback]346292[/snapback][/right]

Very well put. Although I still do believe FWD can drift, they just can't do it very well, and it's not near as graceful as a RWD. So, in a since, I agree. I think I'm almost in full agreement at this time. I maintain my stand on FWD cars sliding, if you dissagree with that, your just dumb. Maybe my opinions also stem from my lack of interest in drifting and lack of understanding. I think of it a lot more as the verb, and not so much ever as the noun. Man, I love a good discussion. Kwanza, whether you're on my side or against me, you always seem to have your ducks in a row. I do know that drifting requires a ton of driver skill, I am not clear on the rules of it though.

Tina, that graffic is just horrable. Gives me goose bumps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.