Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: choise of mufler
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
speedyrider
i still have the stock mufler on muy car and i wan't to change it.
i did a search on this forum but did't find the things i wanted to know.
what i wanted to know is if there are muflers that wil fit the celica without to much
work on it. becouse i have to change it to the stock again every year
for the car inspection in my country.
in other threads i have seen that same have the SP2 mufler of greddy
but on the site i don't find anything for the T20 only for the T23

so does anyone has sugestions or tips and hints for a great sound tongue.gif
soulshadow
redface.gif I got a magnaflow HI cat and a racing series muffler 2.25" (Custom wielded on)
It sounds mean and when the VVT kicks in it sounds like a whistling bee with a bang noise. Very nasty, a friend said it was almost like a turbo spooling up.
speedyrider
QUOTE(soulshadow @ Oct 17, 2005 - 3:30 PM)
redface.gif I got a magnaflow HI cat and a racing series muffler 2.25" (Custom wielded on)
It sounds mean and when the VVT kicks in it sounds like a whistling bee with a bang noise. Very nasty, a friend said it was almost like a turbo spooling up.
[right][snapback]345534[/snapback][/right]

well i don't like to loud muflers.
but i do like that really sound.
but i wan't a mufler that just fits. not to much customising.
and my question was : does anyone know a brand that makes these?
bonzaisushi
QUOTE(soulshadow @ Oct 17, 2005 - 7:30 AM)

ummm...... if you have a st..... i dont think you have vvt lol...

I just got a Magnaflow Race series muffler running 2.5 back to 3" outlet. straight from the header, no cat nothing and it sounds great! ill post pics and sound clips tonight. best part, muffler was 115, mandrel bent exhaust was 87 dollars installed with a flex pipe so little over 200 for a awsome sounding/ performing exhaust!
speedyrider
QUOTE(bonzaisushi @ Oct 17, 2005 - 7:39 PM)

I just got a Magnaflow Race series muffler running 2.5 back to 3" outlet. straight from the header, no cat nothing and it sounds great! ill post pics and sound clips tonight. best part, muffler was 115, mandrel bent exhaust was 87 dollars installed with a flex pipe so little over 200 for a awsome sounding/ performing exhaust!
[right][snapback]345620[/snapback][/right]

i ll love the soundclips wink.gif
thats where is it all about.
elvasoshexai
???? where can you get a mandrel bent exhaust piping for 87??? every shop i called for a mandrel bent cat back exhaust wants over 500 around here... even the non-mandrel bent ones are over 100 here...
Cutrara
Don't forget, he's from the U.S.
bonzaisushi
local shop here in kansas. they removed the cats and everything i was very surprised
bonzaisushi
buy piping online and put it together your self, then have someone weld it.
soulshadow
QUOTE(bonzaisushi @ Oct 17, 2005 - 1:39 PM)

[right][snapback]345620[/snapback][/right]

HAA HAA Sorry, forgot to mention I got a swapped 4age 20V ST engine!!!
tongue.gif
nowitzon
im so jelous how much was that in total to have swapped
Hanyo
tell the exhaust shop to make you an exhaust flange near the rear of the car. When inspection comes, you can just bolt on the stock muffler on the performance exhaust piping.
soulshadow
QUOTE(nowitzon @ Oct 17, 2005 - 7:23 PM)
im so jelous how much was that in total to have swapped
[right][snapback]345736[/snapback][/right]

$2k for the engine
Swap myself (screwed up many times with wiring and putting in engine to car, I've never even changed oil b4)

Misc parts that I needed, or thought was cool but didn't need = $2.5-3K

Overall I dished in about 5K and it's giving me some problems lately.
DOOOH Stupid me, should have changed timing belt before install.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.