Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6gc turbocharged vs scion tc supercharged
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
RUNNIN-LOW
well what do you guys think who would win and why. just want to know before i have a run with one. a celica turbo charge vs a scion tc super charged. last race before i put my car away. give me the specs before i race so i know what im going up against. i know for sure it has way more power then i do right now.
208 to whp and 237 torque vs a 260whp and 244 torque.
Bigmeanbulldog55
Too many variables to make and acturate prediction. Just go and do your best.
Silver94CelicaOwner
Pretty close im sure, but it'll really come down to the driver in the end, regardless of how much power is being made by either car.
shin
yea, and by street conditions, driver etc... good example, streetzking auto 5sfe with intake, and plyr158 jetta 1.8t. nick won although the jetta have more power wink.gif
97sccelica
TC weighs more
TC has more power stock
TC has bigger engine
TC has more healthy engine

and from the whp you listed, im guessing its the TC that puts 52 HP more to the wheels

thats a big difference in power
Silver94CelicaOwner
QUOTE(shin @ Oct 18, 2005 - 10:33 AM)
yea, and by street conditions, driver etc... good example, streetzking auto 5sfe with intake, and plyr158 jetta 1.8t. nick won although the jetta have more power  wink.gif
[right][snapback]345940[/snapback][/right]

I was thinking of the same example when I posted.....haha. I thought maybe I would spare Dan the embarrassment.
forkee
tC is heavy with the glass from the windshield, all over the roof, and the back window. but like anthony said, more stock power. the best u could do is improve internals and lighten the load. it is possible to beat them if all they have is just the supercharger.
Defgeph
Runninglow ... What are the specs on your car ?

What turbo, controller, fmic size ? Other parts that you may have ?
Edit: what psi are you running ?

Your profile is not very detailed, just turbo GT

DEF
TheStreetzKing
QUOTE(shin @ Oct 18, 2005 - 12:33 PM)
yea, and by street conditions, driver etc... good example, streetzking auto 5sfe with intake, and plyr158 jetta 1.8t. nick won although the jetta have more power  wink.gif
[right][snapback]345940[/snapback][/right]

thats right i hope we all remember that, and also it was the second time i beat him wink.gif hahahahaha
Bigmeanbulldog55
Just a word of advice, it's off topic and I'm sorry for that, but you might want to consider changing to a different type of oil filter. Those Frams have a tendency to clog up on people and then not allow oil to cerculate and do a lot of damage.
RUNNIN-LOW
well ok guys the spec on my car is just a little different i recently just got a piggy back system from one of my buddys its illegal.but make good power. i have a ct-26 wich i up graded to a 50 trim well my buddy did it. my car with forge pistons and rods. dont ask me where i got them from. a safc 450 injectors from a talon custom put in. i have turbo sx boost controller which i am doing 10psi. i hot tank my head and block trd head gasket. 3in exhaust which some how is super not loud at all. and a apexi turbo timer also i have a thing call co2 injection behind my intercooler a greddy type s blow off which my buddy is taking off my hands so i could get a hks...sorry havn't had time to put in picture or tell anyone and update my profile. plus my car is too ugly to dirty to say anything. so yeah dont tell anyother people please its between all of us. 6gc only.
FORCE INC. that why im RUNNIN LOW
Consynx
i coulda swore you said you got a 6th gen GT4 clip(3rd gen 3S)
thats a CT-20b, but then again you did also post about having turbo troubles...

RUNNIN-LOW
yeah i did have one but my buddy kinda took it off my hands for 2100 then turn my turbo into a 50trim. yeah my turbo had a little leak so i had my buddy rebuild it. cool huh..
Yota
this is slightly off topic, but why is the piggy back system you have illegal?
RUNNIN-LOW
it was imported from japan and made in taiwan..its not suppost to be even out on the market. but my jap friends cusin is a big tuner so he hook me up.
BBoYRuGGeD
well whatever happens...let us know the outcome! smile.gif

bboy
jayi12-15psi
I'm calling bull****. pics, I don't care how dirty it is.
Consynx
he's got pics in the profile now
definately a good reason for the hp rating
7a-fte

also, why have a piggyback and a S-afc
shouldn't the piggy do everything to s-afc does and then some?
snadman
The stock tC's are pretty lame. I drove one of those and think it's slower than a manual GT 6GC. I think the tC has like 160 hp too, and it is just wickedly slow and lame to drive. In any case, maybe supercharged it's a little better, but I think the car is a tank and even though it may have power numbers on you...I think you could take it.
BBoYRuGGeD
yah i been in my friends stock tc...seems pretty slow imo. i wonder how much of a difference a SC makes.

bboy
RUNNIN-LOW
jayi12-15psi
hey you talking to me..well come to st paul youll see.. but yeah i need the safc to see my readings... but yeah friday night.ill tel you guy the reading..but yeah ill put on my buddys gt4 hood and bumper and see....but yeah jay dont say nothing if you dont live over here..but yeah just see....oh yeah a lexus sc it make power if you turbo charge it.. but it has a 2jz motor in it..but t doesn't have the right compression.
soulshadow
I dunno, but that TC is pretty fast. When I was still working at the factory. There was this mex. guy with a TC stock and another mex. guy with a GST. The GST pulled pretty hard, but when they raced to go home. The guy with the GST started first and ended up 2nd at a stop sign. So, you better have a run for your money since its a TC that has been T-Ceeeed tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.