Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GT4 vs GT4
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
GT4WRC
Despite days of almost constant rain, the weather held off today for a Toyota v Honda Drag day at Meremere. Track was unsuprisingly damp which made for a few traction issues, but an excellent day nonetheless.
3 GT4s there in total though one wasn't racing. Simon in the yellow car managed a very good 14.30 sec while I ran a best of 14.14 sec. Even managed to get the car slightly sideways on run run as it was so slippery out there!
Progressed to the quarter finals where I was beaten by a highly modded MR2 turbo running a 14.02. Next time I go I expect it will be with my rebuilt engine so it will be a different story then :chuckles:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Gary
Celicav
That is sweet. It looks like you killed the yellow GT4 by looking at the pictures. That Supra was no match either? Both cars are hot!
SSJChar
nice shots and nice times. so what car was the fastest out there, and how did the hondas place? im guessing many of them had trouble off the line because of their drivetrain. drivetrain layout i mean, and not weak drivetrains.
CelicaZR
Nice pics smile.gif
Good the GT4s power biggrin.gif
CoSo
Nice work, love the pictures (and quality)
Defgeph
I love the track , looked like fun.

DEF
dstrbcelica
great pics

-dstrb
PhillyGuy086
thats a 180z not a supra isn't it...oh well...that is hot..where was it.
SSJChar
i believe its a mk3 supra, though at first i thought it was an s13 also.
GT4WRC
QUOTE(PhillyGuy086 @ Oct 25, 2005 - 12:45 AM)
thats a 180z not a supra isn't it...

It was a Honda vs Toyota only day wink.gif
Gary
Driveby
Great pics mate, looked a good day.
We have Challenge Weekend this weekend for the GT4OC, track day on saturday and strip on sunday, should be some good GT4 vs GT4 pics from there - cant wait!
Magic
Sweet!I like watching GT4's taking place on events!
Gary how was the launch on that surface??What tyres are you using??How was the grip?
Hanyo
so who won? honda or toyota?
soven
Honda won
Driveby
Ran this weekend on a far from perfect WW2 airfield made up from concrete squares, not a prepped or even tarmac track in pouring rain huge puddles mid track, scariest thing Ive ever done, car broke traction in third gear spinning all four wheels, thought Id blown my engine! steering had no response brakes were non existant as I aquaplaned over the standing water.
My time slip showed a 15.07 @91mph, I didnt run again that day as I valued my life too much wink.gif
Andy Forrest in the worlds fastest Subaru spun off at 135mph and crashed into the airfield perimeter fence later in the day, this was after Tony Charles spun off in Fensports 600bhp GT4.
The run in Tonys words;

1st gear, launch OK drive through wheel spin
2nd gear, more wheel spin
3rd gear, more wheel spin
Short shift into 4th gear (about ¾ track) to try to get traction & guess what, more wheel spin & car starting to aquaplane & go to the right. I tried to blend the throttle off a little to stop it aquaplaning & this starts the back to come round, tried to correct it but just a passenger at this point. After 3 ½ spins came to rest backwards in the fire.
Good job this stopped me, as the next thing to his was the fence Andy Forrest hit later in the day.
Still managed 14.01 at 89mph backwards across the line, between 2nd & 3rd spin biggrin.gif

A good day out all in all apart from the driving rain (the organisers really should have closed the track as it was highly dangerous) although I did beat some Supra TT's, Skylines, Cosworths so didnt do too bad smile.gif
zachattack15
Nice, sucks the track was in bad shape.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.