Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: newbie with jdm 3sgte
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
CilverSeliST205
Hello 6gc community!

Lemme introduce myself, my name is jerry and i live in roselle, IL...

Started out loving 6gc when i got one after my stepdad, it was a red st coupe, bout 3 years ago... just yesterday i bought 94 gt with 3gen jdm 3sgte drop...

For about a year i was reading 6gc forums coz i wanted to build one of these beauties some of you guys have, but never asked any questions since all answers were within search feature... seems like you guys covered every possible topic!

So if anyone wants to look in my profile and suggest what i should put my next
500-800$ please do so!

im thinking EDFC + some adjustable coilovers/shocks but where can i find something cheap and compatibile with edfc? what would you guys recommend?

Thanks a bunch!!!

lagos
nice buy man, i just saw that car on ebay. how do you like the car?

before you buy anything start reading eveyrhing you can on here, celicatech.com and mr2oc.com . learn as much as you can about the 3sgte before any upgrades start
Coomer
Welcome! biggrin.gif

I recognize that car from eBay I think...mind me asking how much you paid for it?

For $5-800 you could get Koni Yellow shocks, or save up a couple hundred more and get the Tein SS coilovers.
CilverSeliST205
I love the ride it's so amazing that it makes me speachless... especially because bout year ago 6gc with 3sgte was my dream that finally came through... and yea it was that car from ebay there was a post about it in buy/sell... paid 10k... which i wouldnt but since the guy was a mechanic for toyota/lexus and did the swap himself i trust his work and i think it was worth every penny...

But yea i never have enough of reading about 3sgte, and what its capable of... today its been like 8 hours already and my eyes are shot

thanks for suggestions guys!
Akimbo
Good buy. Get us some engine bay shots!
CelicaZR
Welcome mate biggrin.gif
Congrats with the purchase.
I think I remember seeing that one on ebay.
Was that an ex-6gc member's car?
Cant remember his name, but he has a Lexus SC300 now.

I've to agree with Coomer on the Tein SS Coilovers.
People who have them, love them!
Search and you'll know what I mean.
I will be getting a set of these when I get my wheels smile.gif
BBoYRuGGeD
holy crap bro thats a realy good buy! welcome to 6gc man! biggrin.gif im loving the ride, real clean and oh so mean with that 3rd gen 3sgte in it. oh man thats just a beast right there! by any chance do u know what axle hybrid the guy used for the solara trans? im gunna try and swap mine out for that same tranny on my 3sgte swapped celi, gutta love them dual synchros! lol

as far as upgrades i agree with the rest and say u should go touch up on suspension and brakes...i havent done this yet on my ride and i feel my car having a hard time on handling and stopping power lol

bboy
Supersprynt
I'd save and put in the tein with sway bars. Then you have power and a great suspension.

Do you know what transmission is being used?
CilverSeliST205
I believe that it was solara v6 e153 tranny, as for axle im not sure but ill ask him... i think he mentioned something about axles being solara+gt-4 mix

And yea this guys lex is300 was a beauty...

TeinSS... im gonna have to wait a couple of paychecks more but if all you guys say its worth it then i trust that will be a good buy
Im gonna get more engine pics as soon as ill clean up in there.. i dont like the wire-snake just laying there looks quite messy.. need to cover it up a bit.. and where can i get these valve covers some of you have??? they look hott

ILuvMyCelica95
Hey Jerry! Welcome to the site!! smile.gif car is looking nice. I think most people get the valve covers painted, powder-coated or paint it themselves. If that's what your talking about?
Defgeph
welcome to the site, thats a nice car you bought yourself. The tein SS setup is the way to go !

Are you running any electronics ? what type of gauges do you have ?

Nice car take care of it.

DEF
frosty
QUOTE(CelicaZR @ Nov 3, 2005 - 10:56 AM)
I've to agree with Coomer on the Tein SS Coilovers.
People who have them, love them!
Search and you'll know what I mean.
I will be getting a set of these when I get my wheels smile.gif
[right][snapback]352428[/snapback][/right]

Definitely, I want them too!

QUOTE(CilverSeliST205 @ Nov 3, 2005 - 2:41 PM)

TeinSS... im gonna have to wait a couple of paychecks more but  if all you guys say its  worth it then i trust that will be a good buy
[right][snapback]352461[/snapback][/right]

They will be biggrin.gif

oh, and welcome to the family!
BBoYRuGGeD
QUOTE(CilverSeliST205 @ Nov 3, 2005 - 2:41 PM)
I believe that it was solara v6 e153 tranny, as for axle im not sure but ill ask him... i think he mentioned something about axles being solara+gt-4 mix

And yea this guys lex is300 was a beauty...

TeinSS... im gonna have to wait a couple of paychecks more but  if all you guys say its  worth it then i trust that will be a good buy
Im gonna get more engine pics as soon as ill clean up in there.. i dont like the wire-snake just laying there looks quite messy.. need to cover it  up a bit.. and where can i get these valve covers some of you have??? they look hott
[right][snapback]352461[/snapback][/right]

ah i see...im assuming he used solara inners and st185 outers since ive heard the st205 axles are one piece axles. if u can ask him for me exactly what axles were used that be great! thnx for the info...and again WELCOME! biggrin.gif

bboy
RbrtNdrws
Congrats... ARRG I wanted that car so bad!! lol Good to see that you are posting on 6gc.net.
CilverSeliST205

BBoy About the axles i will ask him when i see him on saturday and post whatever i find out.. im glad i can contribute too even tho its not my work biggrin.gif
btw do you break? assumed so coz of your screename, i did that for 3 years but then i tore my achilles and now im scared frown.gif

defgeph i got autometer a/f and boost gauge and greedy turbo timer.. i filled out my profile with some info

RbrtNdrws i wish he had a couple for sale smile.gif but dont worry i will take care of it

btw there is a clanking noise on bums he said it was a rear strut, where can i get good deal on replacement strut? or maybe i just need like a bearing or sth? it will be a while before i can get teins and i want a cheap temporary solution any hints?

Silver94CelicaOwner
Cheap temporary solutions is the wrong idea on such a quality built car. Save your money and buy good parts once, and you'll be happier. wink.gif

I have the Tein SS Coilover setup and the handling is simply beautiful. Very predictable, stiff and racy....but offers you full adjustability for any road or season. They are also EDFC compatible if you can get either a GT-4 or 5th gen. Celica application to fit.

Congratulations on the car. Good luck, and treat her well. smile.gif
BBoYRuGGeD
*bump* any news about those axles combo? smile.gif

bboy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.