Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: could a 91 stock rx7 waste my 96 st
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
x_itchy_b_x
my friend is putting a down payment on a 91 rx7 today. the guy is only askin $1300 i think something is wrong there but oh well hell find out. could a 91 rx7 waste my car? i have a high flow muffler thats all so far lol. i have a ST.
CelicaLE
If the car doesn't have anything major wrong with it...I don't see you being able to stay close to it...those things are quick
hioctane
if it has turbo than your celica is going to be WASTED
NEVERSTOP
it will beat you. even busted those things are fast.... rotary with nothing for weight... friend has a lime green one and it hauls
Matthew
down payment on a $1300 car??
oh yeah and hioctane is right he has a turbo you have no chance
Cody
Dude, a 96 ST has like...105 horsepower, and an RX7...well, has more than that. Plus the rotary engine weighs half as much as the one in your ST.
all4sho94st
sorry to say it but you'll be behind him most of the time..well if he cant drive ..maybe you have a chance.
Cody
91' Non Turbo - 160HP
91' Turbo - 200HP

I don't know...I love my car and all...but it's as much as a race car as a tricked out Civic is. People look at my car and think it's fast and I say "heh, no."
hioctane
Looks is all that matters to those ricers anyways
Cody
Heh, not all of them. It's always hilarious when a tricked out Civic with a 6 inch tip rolls up to me at the stoplight, sounding all bad, wanting to race.
RedSunCelica
rx7 are GODS ive seen one do 170mph on a freeway before those cars arnt to be ****ed with
macavely
Don't fell to bad if our celicas were as fast as an rx7 then no one could see how good they look.
I_Hate_Trucks
hehe civics are funny.... have any of you ever been to ricecop.com??? me and my boys get those rice tickets off of there and ticket all kindsa crazy stuff....... like today there was this civic with white wheels in the back and black ones up front and tape on his headlights tryin to look all like a drifter and also had a big huge type r sticker plastered right next to his painted brake drums..... i didnt know type r's had drum brakes.......
Nick
Cody
lol...those Rice Cop guys stole my idea, but I'm buying a few dozen of those ticket books. This is gonna be fun.
red_94gts
my buddy has a rx7 with a new engine in it. put it in during the winter. it cant keep up to my 5sfe until i top out at 195 km/h then it pulls to 200. so you might be able to beat him but probably not.
Akimbo
wtf, dont necropost dude. this was from december. Itchy has a turbo GT now.
x_itchy_b_x
newbie post.... smile.gif thats why i dont like reading my old posts lol
shid
omg, I read it, then I read it again- then I was like: wtf.. itchy?

PS: itchy, respond to my PM frown.gif
celicarocker
yeah.... december of 2 years ago... haha...
red_94gts
my bad frown.gif
remjay
QUOTE (macavely @ Dec 20, 2002 - 8:15 PM)
Don't fell to bad if our celicas were as fast as an rx7 then no one could see how good they look.

maybe a modded FD...but other than that...that's hard to believe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.