Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did you remeber my old setup?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
doGGy
Well here is the story smile.gif

After i dynoed my setup i got 197 hp and 274 nm of Tq. It was fun little car for sure..

Well, after i sold it, the guy done about 5000 km with this setup and started some small little problems... car missfired stupidly, had some fuel cut of and etc... cuz this guy who bought it aint knows nothing about engines biggrin.gif So basicly i was ussualy checking this car for him, and i desided to send him for a dyno once again and for full motor check at the same place...

Well, they found out what plugs i was using where practicly dead so they changed them to Greddy ones, found some FPR problems - fixed them, played with the ignition a bit, uped the Fuel pressure, retuned emanage and...... Whoala:

214 hp and 284 nm of Tq biggrin.gif

Damn, motor is now ticking like a new! Even the sound of it is compleatly different...

And all this was gained on the same 10.5 psi... Guys at the dyno shop told what with the bigger IC piping, a bit bigger IC and 11-12 psi car should get to 230 hp easily...

Still we dont wanna risk but one day we will try smile.gif Damn its good to see this week engine pull some numbers!!

I will put up Dyno sheet later on biggrin.gif
dustin15brown
holy shat romas... thats amazing.. how much fdid you have total in your turbo set up from start to end
nik
man i wish i could have fully tuned my emange all well thats awesome doggy youre the first 7afte into the 200+whp range thats documented im sure i was close to the 200whp at 12 psi i just wish i could have put bigger injectors and then fully tuned my piggy back great job doggy
doGGy
Belive me Dustin, in whole it costed me way too much i could swap for the same amount easily.. But the setup gave me one thing - knowledge and this is why it was More then worth for me...

Basicly i'v counted everything and came up with the price: it is about 3000$ to build somthing like i had...

QUOTE(dustin15brown @ Nov 9, 2005 - 10:04 AM)
holy shat romas... thats amazing.. how much fdid you have total in your turbo set up from start to end
[right][snapback]354990[/snapback][/right]

celicaST
wow, my little 7a does have some potential biggrin.gif
JoKeRkId613
QUOTE(doGGy @ Nov 9, 2005 - 9:58 AM)
And all this was gained on the same 10.5 psi... Guys at the dyno shop told what with the bigger IC piping, a bit bigger IC and 11-12 psi car should get to 230 hp easily...[right][snapback]35498[/snapback][/right]
And then it blows up.
nik
QUOTE(JoKeRkId613 @ Nov 9, 2005 - 10:50 AM)
And all this was gained on the same 10.5 psi... Guys at the dyno shop told what with the bigger IC piping, a bit bigger IC and 11-12 psi car should get to 230 hp easily...[right][snapback]35498[/snapback][/right]
And then it blows up.
[right][snapback]355014[/snapback][/right]

edited smile.gif
JoKeRkId613
^I guess next time I'll specify I was j/k. The little 7A can take quite a beating tho. In all seriousness, very good/surprising numbers for the 7A-FTE.
dustin15brown
QUOTE(nik @ Nov 9, 2005 - 6:04 PM)
And then it blows up.

mad.gif how about you shut the f**K up while we talk about the 7afte
[right][snapback]355017[/snapback][/right]

breathe nik.... breathe.... Romas, I agree, the whole deal itself is worth it when you consider how much you learn throughout... When you started the project, did you start with cold feet or some basic knowledge?
nik
QUOTE(JoKeRkId613 @ Nov 9, 2005 - 11:16 AM)
^I guess next time I'll specify I was j/k. The little 7A can take quite a beating tho. In all seriousness, very good/surprising numbers for the 7A-FTE.
[right][snapback]355020[/snapback][/right]

ok im calm sorry guys i just hate when people pop in and say stupid misinformation and then some noob sees it and it spreads like wild fire
doGGy
Only some basic stuff... I knew practicly nothing about turbo cars before..

QUOTE(dustin15brown @ Nov 9, 2005 - 11:17 AM)
QUOTE(nik @ Nov 9, 2005 - 6:04 PM)
And then it blows up.

mad.gif how about you shut the f**K up while we talk about the 7afte
[right][snapback]355017[/snapback][/right]

breathe nik.... breathe.... Romas, I agree, the whole deal itself is worth it when you consider how much you learn throughout... When you started the project, did you start with cold feet or some basic knowledge?
[right][snapback]355021[/snapback][/right]

JoKeRkId613
QUOTE(nik @ Nov 9, 2005 - 11:19 AM)
ok im calm sorry guys i just hate when people pop in and say stupid misinformation and then some noob sees it and it spreads like wild fire[right][snapback]355025[/snapback][/right]
Lol, It's cool man. I know what you mean. I actually read all the things you write about the 7A and am looking forward to your 7AGTE setup! I'm going to turbo the 7A before swapping to the 4A-GZE(You kinda helped me make that decision for me. On a previous post, you said you think the GZE has the most potential) so I can learn a lot more about cars period. I've been here for more than 2 years and I'm still considered a noob. That sucks. Lol.
nik
QUOTE(JoKeRkId613 @ Nov 9, 2005 - 11:29 AM)
QUOTE(nik @ Nov 9, 2005 - 11:19 AM)
ok im calm sorry guys i just hate when people pop in and say stupid misinformation and then some noob sees it and it spreads like wild fire[right][snapback]355025[/snapback][/right]
Lol, It's cool man. I know what you mean. I actually read all the things you write about the 7A and am looking forward to your 7AGTE setup! I'm going to turbo the 7A before swapping to the 4A-GZE(You kinda helped me make that decision for me. On a previous post, you said you think the GZE has the most potential) so I can learn a lot more about cars period. I've been here for more than 2 years and I'm still considered a noob. That sucks. Lol.
[right][snapback]355032[/snapback][/right]

sorry i just get emails daily from noobs asking about the 7afte and its limit and then they go off about they heard this and that usually its 90% misinformation then i straighten them out. and yes a 4agze has more potentional then a 7afte just like a 3sgte has more potentional then a 5sfte. dude i know quite a bit about the 7afe motor but im always learning more every day.

On the 7agte side going to the shop today to take pics and i'll try and post them tonight. biggrin.gif
JoKeRkId613
NICE! What's the status on the 7A? I haven't seen any posts about it for a while. Can't wait for the pics.
nik
QUOTE(JoKeRkId613 @ Nov 9, 2005 - 12:06 PM)
NICE! What's the status on the 7A? I haven't seen any posts about it for a while. Can't wait for the pics.
[right][snapback]355050[/snapback][/right]

i just posted a few engines shots with the motor and tran fully assembled and hang ready to be droped in

here
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...61&#entry355061
presure2
great results romas!
what kinda dyno was it?
doGGy
Dunno how it is called in English, but this dyno messures power not on the wheels. The power is on the crank.

QUOTE(presure2 @ Nov 9, 2005 - 12:29 PM)
great results romas!
what kinda dyno was it?
[right][snapback]355067[/snapback][/right]

presure2
QUOTE(doGGy @ Nov 9, 2005 - 3:35 PM)
Dunno how it is called in English, but this dyno messures power not on the wheels. The power is on the crank.

QUOTE(presure2 @ Nov 9, 2005 - 12:29 PM)
great results romas!
what kinda dyno was it?
[right][snapback]355067[/snapback][/right]

[right][snapback]355069[/snapback][/right]

ahh i see...still not too shabby at all!
with a "on the conservative side" 10% drivetrain loss, thats about 185whp or so
UP THE BOOOOOST!!!!! wink.gif
BBoYRuGGeD
oh wow its great to see the 7afe being pushed so far...this is really a great engine! i sorta miss mine...lol

bboy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.