Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Underbody Braces
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
JoKeRkId613
I've decided on getting the JIC lower arm bar and an underbody brace. I see Cusco has a version 1 and 2. Version 1, I'm assuming is the one in the parts database: http://www.6gc.net/index.php?action=parts&itu=295
And version 2, I'm assuming is this one here: http://bulletproofautomotive.com/catalog-detail.php?ID=3905
Which one is better? I'm guessing version 2 but I just want to be sure. Thanks.
nik
QUOTE(JoKeRkId613 @ Nov 9, 2005 - 11:53 AM)
I've decided on getting the JIC lower arm bar and an underbody brace. I see Cusco has a version 1 and 2. Version 1, I'm assuming is the one in the parts database: http://www.6gc.net/index.php?action=parts&itu=295
And version 2, I'm assuming is this one here: http://bulletproofautomotive.com/catalog-detail.php?ID=3905
Which one is better? I'm guessing version 2 but I just want to be sure. Thanks.
[right][snapback]355043[/snapback][/right]

im also looking into getting one of these but version 2

does anyone on here have one can you give us some feedback on it
Jeremy1210
where do they go? up under the engine and what do they bolt to?
JoKeRkId613
Yeah, I don't think anyone has it. I'm going to get Version 2 because I'm guessing it's an upgraded version. You think this'll be an easy install? Looks like a simple bolt on. Just jack up the car and bolt that badboy on, am I right? So i guess I'll get version 2 and the JIC lower arm bar. I doubt one will interfere with the other.
jgreening
clipsetuner ordered of of these braces...don't know if he received or installed it yet though.
LewFX
these really worth getting, not like any of us go offroading
JoKeRkId613
I just want the best handling I can have. I think it's worth it. The car will feel so much better and I think I'll have better control of the car. That's what I'm striving for.
soulshadow
QUOTE(JoKeRkId613 @ Nov 9, 2005 - 3:07 PM)
I just want the best handling I can have. I think it's worth it. The car will feel so much better and I think I'll have better control of the car. That's what I'm striving for.
[right][snapback]355101[/snapback][/right]

U have better control if you just disable the power steering.........but god dam my arms hurted for a week untill it was pumped up.
WORK4POOP
I have the JIC piece. It is a simple bolt on and torque down deal. To be honest it doesn't do jack. All the fuggin braces in the world are hardly ever going to make a real noticeable difference. The best thing you can do to improve handling is get some gooey tires.
AMCMoe
There was one of those on eBay a while ago from Jarco. Kinda remember it going for a pretty decent price too...
jgreening
QUOTE(WORK4POOP @ Nov 22, 2005 - 9:49 PM) [snapback]358639[/snapback]

I have the JIC piece. It is a simple bolt on and torque down deal. To be honest it doesn't do jack. All the fuggin braces in the world are hardly ever going to make a real noticeable difference. The best thing you can do to improve handling is get some gooey tires.

I tend to agree with this statement. My strut tower brace is very beefy and I noticed no discernable difference from running without one. I hope I can notice more of a difference with the side tower braces that were just installed....we will see.
Junior
Those two links take you to the same brace. The difference in ver. 1 and 2 aren't that one is upgraded. They are 2 different bars that mount differently. I'm not sure if both can be used at the same time.
CelicaZR
Ive got the JIC lower arm bar.
I find that it works well with the strut brace.
user posted image
user posted image
Clipsetuner
I have on order, I have no clue when they are spoused to be here... but Cusco Front/Rear strut bars, and lower frame brace which I was told would fit, I spouse they'll come after chirstmas and will post pics and all that goo'ey stuff.

I know the celica isnt the fastest car in the world, but anyone can go fast, if you can kill someone on the corners you can typicaly hang with anyone.

Setup will include at this point:
ST sway bars
Tein SS coilovers
Cusco Front/Rear strut bars
Cusco Lower frame brace
Door/Fender Braces like DG makes
Custom Made rear lower Brace (production might happen)
Custom Made CNC machined control arms

DTE
S_C_M
I have the Cusco single piece (Type 1?). I do not notice a difference with my strut brace installed, but I do remember the car being slightly easier to "point" than it was before the bar was installed. Probably placebo effect.
nik
QUOTE(Clipsetuner @ Nov 23, 2005 - 6:25 PM) [snapback]359067[/snapback]

I have on order, I have no clue when they are spoused to be here... but Cusco Front/Rear strut bars, and lower frame brace which I was told would fit, I spouse they'll come after chirstmas and will post pics and all that goo'ey stuff.

I know the celica isnt the fastest car in the world, but anyone can go fast, if you can kill someone on the corners you can typicaly hang with anyone.

Setup will include at this point:
ST sway bars
Tein SS coilovers
Cusco Front/Rear strut bars
Cusco Lower frame brace
Door/Fender Braces like DG makes
Custom Made rear lower Brace (production might happen)
Custom Made CNC machined control arms

DTE

Thats a nice list there when i do my suspension next my list will look similar to that
Kwanza26
Useless unless you race. They do nothing for looks... do nothing for normal handling... only time they'll be beneficial is during the apex of corners, which will probably never happen on the street (and if it does... shame on you). Nice to have if you like these things... I personally like a touch of practicality.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.