Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3s swap completed
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
zipstrips
just had to announce, i have completed my st185 into a 95 ST swap. it honestly wasn't all that hard. do your homework so you know what parts you need to buy and it all just "falls together".

special thanks to: my brother anthony, dave (DG performance), jeff (defgeph) and everyone that has helped me along the way.

pictures to come shortly.
jgreening
Congratulations. Have fun and be safe.
Defgeph
Good stuff, enjoy the car. dont forget to respect that extra power wink.gif

I'll be seeing your brother soon biggrin.gif

DEF
lagos
glad you got it working. make sure to post your impressions after a few days of driving. its a lot faster then your 7afTe was! smile.gif
Akimbo
Congrats! I want to join the ranks as well!
BBoYRuGGeD
welcome...to the DARK SIDE! biggrin.gif

hahah glad u got it working man! youre gunna love it bro...! wink.gif

bboy
Drew-887
I wish you engine in my car. My car is a POS engine wise. Anyway congrats on your new improved Celica. You all make me proud to have a ST. smile.gif
presure2
good job zipperhead!
glad to hear your finally up and running well. smile.gif
Silver94CelicaOwner
Awesome John! Can't wait to meet up and see this thing sometime....might give me some more hope for old silver by seeing yours. Keep it up. smile.gif
soulshadow
Cool! Did you have to cut any parts or drill holes to make it work?
Do you still have your P/S and A/C??
Awesome man.! biggrin.gif
eggman40
Congratulations on the swap, post your reviews about its performance. I hope to join you as soon as my mounts get in from Japan.
zipstrips
QUOTE(soulshadow @ Nov 16, 2005 - 8:04 AM) [snapback]356252[/snapback]

Cool! Did you have to cut any parts or drill holes to make it work?
Do you still have your P/S and A/C??
Awesome man.! biggrin.gif

i didnt cut any wires till after the swap was completed and running. and i only cut out the fuel pump relay... and a total of 2 holes were drilled. didnt get my hands on the a/s or ps parts yet so there still not 100% i plan on getting them working thou too.

the power different from the 7a to the 3s is day and night. im sure i dont have to tell anyone that. it boosts very smooth and strong. the car has torque period. tidy up a few more things and i know theres a very small margin of cars on the roads around here that can touch it. and even than they'll be extremely nervious. the car is scary fast.
lagos
glad you like the results!
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(zipstrips @ Nov 17, 2005 - 11:26 PM) [snapback]356864[/snapback]

the car is scary fast.

I want a scary fast car so bad.
shin
ahhh zip i didn't know that was you at the dragway. sorry for not saying hi. but that was a nice swap ya got there. looks awesome. i'm sure you're enjoying it.
zipstrips
thANKS
lagos
how about some pics of the finished car?
celi_gt_racer
YEAH YEAH... gimme some pics! **drools on self** biggrin.gif
Punch
no pics yet???
zipstrips
im having too much fun driving it! haha ill get some in my file shortly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.