Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: arrghh more annoyances with the car
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
LewFX
when im braking slightly uphill or on onramp that inclines, the car makes a weird grinding type noise just as its about to stop, feels like its from under the brake pedal area, and then follows with a loud squeel. before i take it in to someone to look at, does anyone have a clue what it might be? so krrrrrunkkkkk then squeeeeeel.
soulshadow
Argh! I think I know. Check your caliper brackets. They might be falling off due to a loose screw that fell out!
Mine was like that and it had only one bolt on holding it in. When I came back from a road trip, the thing started acting like an axel broke. Soon as I got home, one of the bolts were gone and the other took only a slight knock and it fell right out. I had a post for it.
FreddyTheOthaMeat
check your rotors to see if its rougher than it should be... might be your pads binding up on your calipers. or just severely worn down pads... or insanity settling in
LewFX
insanity, ive never had..rotors have been trimmed recently and put new pads on. i think its a dried up cv boot and its making the axle grind.
LewFX
well i took her in the goodyear, they re-aligned the car, finally got my steering wheel straight. but when they checked for the fart noise, they couldnt find it or hear it of course. soon as i get home, i hear it, so im damning the whole world, cursing away. so i had my gf drive up and down the driveway and i was checking all the wheels and heard it in the rear drivers side. so i took off the wheel, put some anti squeel stuff on the brake pads, sanded them down, greased the calipers and now i dont hear anything. so cross your fingers and hope it stays away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.