Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: trade celi for a AE86?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
soulshadow
The thing is my Celi looks so stlyish and those AE86 look like crap. Plus I might get it stolen in the future.....cause its the car from Inital D......and its TRD--D.

The thing with the car is that it looks exactly like the one from Inital D minus the Tofu logo.... tongue.gif
its got the rims, engine, seats, clusters, gauges, and everything, just that it can't rev all the way to the 11K RPM Band.
lagos
how much do they want for the car?

if you want a silvertop, i would just buy the 86. that motor + rwd, is what makes for a fun car.

doing the silvertop swap in a celica, is just not worth the small power gain you get, imho
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(lagos @ Nov 26, 2005 - 10:49 PM) [snapback]359931[/snapback]

how much do they want for the car?

if you want a silvertop, i would just buy the 86. that motor + rwd, is what makes for a fun car.

doing the silvertop swap in a celica, is just not worth the small power gain you get, imho

I think the silvertop sounds like it might be fun in a Celica. High revs are always cool. It'd be really hard to get the same numbers as a 3s anything with a 4a, but it'd still be a fun car. If I didn't half to worry about snow so much, I'd love to trade the Celica for a AE86. I like the look of the cars too. I'd like to know which would out perform on a round about all aspects tests: Silvertop AE86, 6gc Silvertop Swap, 6gc 3sgte Swap. I'll see what I can do about getthing a AE86, and finding someone willing to take me on in a swapped Celica. Oh yeah, TRADE THE CAR.
Valo666
depemds on what is in the AE besides the silvertop. I was thinkin of sellin my celi for a 86 AE with full suspention that was mint. Like inteior was perfect, cusco front and rear strut bars, TRD suspention bushings, Tokiko 45way adjustable shocks, Kaaz 1.5way LSD, Momo steering wheel, 3 sets of wheels with brand new tires, new paint, sprinter tail's, jdm badges..like a crap load of mods, but the only reason why i didnt get it was the trans was on its way out n the motor had 235xxxkm on it on the factory 4age. woulda been great for a silvertop or a 4agze swap, but my dad didnt want me 2 sell the celi.
soulshadow
The 86 has been topped out with all TRD parts available for the 86. It would be a trade for a trade, title for title with no warranties, cash, or restrictions held. The car is mine and my car is yours!

As I was told, its a hatch with the 4age silvertop swapped in. The guy likes to drift around with the car, but complains that the new motor is too heavy and he like the old 16V engine better. They also want a celi like mine cause there gonna turbo it and with the 20V already in it. It just makes things sweeter.
They own a shop that specializes in imports and have a few odd configured cars.
One of them is an 91 Integra with the engine moved to the trunk and running RWD.

The only thing I am concerned about is if the 86 will last me, and since I haven't seen it yet I don't know what shape the car is in and if it has any dent from drifting....... If its got major cosmetic damage I might not even trade the celi. Theres also this old guy selling an Old school MR2 for cheap with a bad head gasket. I might just buy the MR2 instead and see if I can get a cheap deal. rolleyes.gif
JoKeRkId613
um... keep the car that looks better...(celica)
BlackCelicaGT94
I say hurry and get an AE86 before F&F comes out and they triple in price!

Akimbo
Heh, she has a good point. Remember Supra prices?
jdg371
wow trading a celi for a 86

mines quite the opposite...

-
Get rid of the 86 and Buy a Celi
JoKeRkId613
maybe its cuz im not into the whole drifting thing but the ae86 is an ugly car no matter how much its hooked up or whatever. i know theyre quick but i rather have a car that A LOT of people tell me 'damn, that looks nice, is that a supra?' than a car that people will probably feel bad for me for. lol. j/k. watever makes you happy is what you should do...
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(JoKeRkId613 @ Nov 28, 2005 - 3:45 PM) [snapback]360597[/snapback]

maybe its cuz im not into the whole drifting thing but the ae86 is an ugly car no matter how much its hooked up or whatever. i know theyre quick but i rather have a car that A LOT of people tell me 'damn, that looks nice, is that a supra?' than a car that people will probably feel bad for me for. lol. j/k. watever makes you happy is what you should do...

Yes, it's always great to pretend like your car is a Surpa. That makes you real cool. rolleyes.gif

Owning a AE86 isn't about drifting, it's just a good car. Drifting has made these things popular in the states, but they're good for a lot more. It would just be great to put a 7agte, or a twin charged 4agzte in one. Even if you just have a 20v 4a, that car would just be a lot more fun to drive than a Celica is. There's more parts for them too, so if you like to build, this is your car.
Kwanza26
QUOTE(soulshadow @ Nov 27, 2005 - 8:01 AM) [snapback]360001[/snapback]

but complains that the new motor is too heavy and he like the old 16V engine better.

LOL... basically the same engine ya know.

Umm... the AE86 is worth more... but don't do it if your plan is to actually drive the car. The AE86 isn't a daily driver quality car if you're used to your Celica... and since it has a silvertop in it... I'll pretty much gurantee you it's not a driver quality car.

Now... tell me (not us... just me) more about that 86. If it's so great... decked out with all TRD parts (which costs more than the car itself BTW)... then why would he trade it for a celica? Doesn't make sense because AE86's decked out with "all TRD" parts and a Silvertop 20V to boot can EASILY sell for 7000.00+...
JoKeRkId613
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Nov 28, 2005 - 3:16 PM) [snapback]360642[/snapback]
QUOTE(JoKeRkId613 @ Nov 28, 2005 - 3:45 PM) [snapback]360597[/snapback]
Yes, it's always great to pretend like your car is a Surpa. That makes you real cool. rolleyes.gif

Owning a AE86 isn't about drifting, it's just a good car. Drifting has made these things popular in the states, but they're good for a lot more. It would just be great to put a 7agte, or a twin charged 4agzte in one. Even if you just have a 20v 4a, that car would just be a lot more fun to drive than a Celica is. There's more parts for them too, so if you like to build, this is your car.
i know it's not all about drifting and i know they're great cars. i dont peretend my car is a supra, those are just the compliments i get. i wish it was a supra! lol. i mean, when someone asks, i say its a celica.
Celica_Fan
It's too old a AE86 you will have no safety features and they rust plus they are quite basic inside and they look old as. Don't put a silvertop in the celica put a beams 3s-ge engine in.
JoKeRkId613
QUOTE(Celica_Fan @ Nov 28, 2005 - 7:25 PM) [snapback]360829[/snapback]
It's too old a AE86 you will have no safety features and they rust plus they are quite basic inside and they look old as. Don't put a silvertop in the celica put a beams 3s-ge engine in.
his car already has a silvertop in it...
but yeah, it does look old as f and its non-pimpable. lol.
Celica_Fan
and it has pop up lights if it's a trueno.
Scott
I wanted to vote, but there was no option for "trade the celi for an old toyota? are you crazy?!"

Sounds like you want to trade a beautiful modern looking Japanese car for an ancient looking old one that has been driven rough aka drifting and is possibly questionably modified. Keep the Celi! just my humble opinion
BlackCelicaGT94
i love AE86s. some of the guys i know also show them since they are starting to get some respect at shows being what they are - driven hard!

i say go for it - if i could get a second car and my parents would let me keep one at the house then i would for sure go get an AE86 but like i said hurry up cuz those and 240s are gonna go up in price!
Celica_Fan
rust in the doors bootlid and chassis are not good they weren't rustproofed and who wants a car with drums brakes at the back or no ABS brakes alright for a circuit drifter car not alright for the street. Just my .02c
blu94gt
QUOTE(Celica_Fan @ Nov 29, 2005 - 2:57 PM) [snapback]361263[/snapback]

rust in the doors bootlid and chassis are not good they weren't rustproofed and who wants a car with drums brakes at the back or no ABS brakes alright for a circuit drifter car not alright for the street. Just my .02c

lots of people don't want ABS. Not that I would turn a car down that has ABS, but not having ABS is perfectly fine for the street.
Celica_Fan
it's extremely hard to find an AE86 not damaged and original no rust nowdays and one that isn't smoky or leaks oil and if you find a mint one they are very expensive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.