Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Surging...
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
DmVinny
Hey guys, I'm having a problem, I am experiencing surging when I drive, it seems like it's bogging, than it will try to pick up than bog down than after about 3 or 4 surges it's fine till next gear... I've changed my air filter, oil filter, distributor cap, and ignition coil today and it still seems to be happening... any suggestions?

jayi12-15psi
do you have cel light on? any vaccuum hoses broken?
DmVinny
If you mean my engine light, no it's not... i check the vacuum hoses quickly but didnt notice any broken ones... I also changed out my pcv valve.
Dunners
I reckon it might be you're spark plugs, the same thing was happening to me last year and after changing the plugs it was fine. In the mean time i found that if you hold down the accelerater to 3500 rpm for about 1 second before you take of it makes it not so bad. Hope it helps.
TrD3sgte94
same thing happened to mine last year and all i did was replace the sparkplug wires but you should definetaly check your plugs and make sure they are gapped while you have them out.

-wess-
BBoYRuGGeD
by surging u mean hesitate?

bboy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.