Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestions for my moms NEW car..
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
Sh0gunkid8721
I need some help finding a car for my mom. Her budget is 30,000 dollars at the MOST so it has to be under that. Got suggestions????

THIS IS FOR MY MOM SO I DONT WANNA HEAR EVO, STI, RSX OR ANY OF THAT.
shin
06 Camry? 06 avalon?
Sh0gunkid8721
I was thinkin about the Avalon...that was my suggestion, just wonderin if theres anythin else out there?
jdg371
I second the Avalon their the shizznit.. Im thinking about rentin one for my Ring Dance hehe
Sh0gunkid8721
I got my list narrowed down to

06:

Avalon
TSX
Accord
Bigmeanbulldog55
Honda CR-V. My mom has one and she loves it. I love that thing too. Parts are really cheap, and it's been very reliable. AWD too. Easy to work on. Her's is a 98, so it's a little underpowered. They aren't ment to go fast, but they get good gas milage and they're just nice cars.

EDIT: New Jersey is cold and it snow, AWD would be nice and no one else has mentioned anything that's AWD.
Sh0gunkid8721
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Dec 5, 2005 - 3:03 PM) [snapback]363559[/snapback]

Honda CR-V. My mom has one and she loves it. I love that thing too. Parts are really cheap, and it's been very reliable. AWD too. Easy to work on. Her's is a 98, so it's a little underpowered. They aren't ment to go fast, but they get good gas milage and they're just nice cars.

EDIT: New Jersey is cold and it snow, AWD would be nice and no one else has mentioned anything that's AWD.

AWD would definately be nice

how are the new Audi's??? they reliable?
BLINKYxMUNKEY
Mazda RX8 or a BMW 3series. Those are the choices i left for my mom.
shin
the new audi A4 quattro looks good. 2.0 turbo tooo. but 28k startin price with no additional options. so after tax it'll be over 30k
K-ESD
my vote is for the TSX
second choice would be the Avalon
JFrost9
Um, im not sure how much these cost, but i think the Acura TL is probably the sweetest car for moms... I dont know how much it cost, i think its around 27k? dunno, but they are very sleak.
shin
TL cost 30k+ i think
dstrbcelica
i was gonna say the tsx..

-dstrb
JFrost9
i dont really like the TSX, but im a 17 yr old kid...my mom was actually wanting to get one of those Pontiac G6s... i think its the GTP edition or something like that...those are nice. and i guess i must have been thinking about the 05 TLs, cuz we went shopping and saw some around 25k.
Benevolence
Mazda 6 sport edition
Sh0gunkid8721
i would love for my mom to get an Acura TL but they start at over 30,000 i think. TSX's will be AROUND 30,000 fully loaded i think. But Audi's are nice but reliability is an issue i think. Im thinkin TSX i think. Its luxurious, sporty and has enough pep and is a sedan.

Are there any AWD cars around this price range? Cars and not SUV's. I dont think my mom likes SUVs
dlx742
audi a4 quatro

had one... best car ever

repairs can kill your wallet though

creis
05 v6 Ford Exscape, my parents have one and are very happy with it, I like it too, great car, good haneling and its pretty fast, plus has the other things like space and AWD
Sh0gunkid8721
She'll probably go with the Avalon...Touring edition maybe?
Silver94CelicaOwner
Get a used Audi A6 Quattro. My friend got one on EBay and its a beautiful car....plenty of power and traction for poor conditions, and luxury and comfort to spare. Big nod of approval from me.
saleeka
not to be rude, but I think almost everybody is overbudgeting their choices... My parents bought an 05 Aucra TL A-spec, and after taxes at 6.5%, was out the door at just over 43 grand... a regular non navi TL (aka basic as it gets) is still going to be about 35ish... TSX hits the 30G wall before taxes, EX V6 Accords are RIGHT there if you are lucky... If it were me hounding, i'd harass my parents to save for the TL (although an A-spec is WAYYY different than a reg. TL, so the driving experence is very jaded), but if not that, go for the Accord EX V6, or a Solara Coupe... Ive driven all the mentiond above, and the solaras are very, very compormised cars for the mony you pay. I'd chose that if the wall was a strict 30G's...
Project95St202
If I was a family guy + looking for a nice comfortable automobile to drive around
I think I would go with a Honda Odyssy.
Why ? Well my older sister always had an Honda Odyssy since she was married, (She had about 3 till now, not because they broke down) from models LX ~ Touring
they seem to have a great resale value after couple years of driving & the Odyssy seem to never brake down much other then the normal stuff.
Price wise even thought you can't get leather on LX / EX I think it a grat car to have.
woot.gif
And anything that stands in luxury department will easily pass $30k after the first option you add onto the car biggrin.gif
bloodrain
2002-2004 honda S2000, thats what my mom has ^_^
devilsden97
QUOTE(Sh0gunkid8721 @ Dec 5, 2005 - 4:47 PM) [snapback]363545[/snapback]

I need some help finding a car for my mom. Her budget is 30,000 dollars at the MOST so it has to be under that. Got suggestions????

THIS IS FOR MY MOM SO I DONT WANNA HEAR EVO, STI, RSX OR ANY OF THAT.

QUOTE(bloodrain @ Dec 6, 2005 - 9:22 AM) [snapback]363896[/snapback]

2002-2004 honda S2000, thats what my mom has ^_^

He didnt say no s2k but its in the price range of the sti and the evo, its base is like 33,000.

Anyone think of a Toyota Matrix XR or XRS? my pops has one, the XR, he paid just over 20,000 and its got alot of options, i believe just about all of them. But it lacks some power....so i suggest the XRS which i believe has a bolt on turbo, but is a 6-speed. (idk if momma can drive a stick) But its reliable as hell, (its a toyota for christ sakes) and it gets good mileage, and with the 10,000 u save, u can mod the **** out of it, or get the XR and through a SC in it. or just go with the TSX lol
Verde97
What about a tC? They're hella cheaper than $30k. Other than that, I would go with an Avalon. Just keep it in the Toyota department, so it will be reliable, lol.
BlackSTX
QUOTE(Benevolence @ Dec 5, 2005 - 5:00 PM) [snapback]363611[/snapback]

Mazda 6 sport edition

I second that. Mazda6 S Hatchback (like the Celica hatch, not the wagon). That or an Accord or Altima. You can get all of those fully loaded (sunroof, leather, etc.) easily for under $30. Please not a Camry or Avalon. She's your mom, not a grandma.
jdg371
How bout the 07 Camrys? their comming out with the 3.5L V6, their nice 4D and with a a little more power

If your looking for AWD The Matrix has a AWD XR but with the 1ZZ it wont have much ump! to it but the MPG would most likely be nice..

Sh0gunkid8721
QUOTE(jdg371 @ Dec 6, 2005 - 3:19 PM) [snapback]364088[/snapback]

How bout the 07 Camrys? their comming out with the 3.5L V6, their nice 4D and with a a little more power

If your looking for AWD The Matrix has a AWD XR but with the 1ZZ it wont have much ump! to it but the MPG would most likely be nice..

07 Camrys? What they look like? I cant picture my mom drivin in a Matrix, but that was a good suggestion nonetheless...keep em comin. If anybody has links to what the 07 Camry will look like please post em...

Im kinda hesitant to suggest another Camry since she's owned a Camry for over a decade now. She's all about the Yota
dustin15brown
why has no one mentioned the toyota solara? I love them... very stylish look
saleeka
Ahem, but please look above... it's my top pick for the price point wink.gif
orvillescelica
if you are looking for AWD, try a Subaru Legacy. Looks like a nice, respectable sedan, but has AWD with a 2.5L turbochared engine!
Hanyo
get a domestic car and support the american car manufactures.
Bigmeanbulldog55
I swear, people on this site must really not like Honda. I've only seen me and one other person suggest a Honda. I'm telling ya, I know you're not sure if your mom likes SUV's, but you should really suggest a CR-V. It's under your price cap, and it's not really an SUV in my book.
mark_426
If it doesnt have to be new, maybe an IS300?
Verde97
QUOTE(Hanyo @ Dec 7, 2005 - 12:29 AM) [snapback]364304[/snapback]

Most foreign cars are made in America nowadays.
saleeka

Most people here dont like driving trash...
BlackSTX
QUOTE(Verde97 @ Dec 7, 2005 - 11:20 AM) [snapback]364429[/snapback]

And the new Ford Fusion is made in Mexico.
Celicav
QUOTE(BlackSTX @ Dec 7, 2005 - 1:32 PM) [snapback]364491[/snapback]

QUOTE(Verde97 @ Dec 7, 2005 - 11:20 AM) [snapback]364429[/snapback]

And the new Ford Fusion is made in Mexico.

Yikes! And my wife's Dad is a Ford salesman. Must be a hard sale for him. kindasad.gif
Bigmeanbulldog55
I seen a bumper sticker today that said, "If we don't support American cars, were will our children work someday?" I though, "all the Toyota and Honda manufacturing plants." Didn't Chevy and Ford move all thier manufacturing plants out of the states? I know a good bit of my family works at the Toyota plant in Kentucky. I think there's more Toyota and Honda plants in the states than any other car make. I'm not sure on that, I've heard it, but I don't know were to get info to back it up or shoot it down.
azian_advanced
does it have to be new? i mean.. she could get a decent enough car that's used and have the extra money go towards something more important...
Sh0gunkid8721
yea she wants one new....cant be used cuz she doesnt trust used cars. U have no idea how long i had to b*tch to her about getting a used Celica. It was either this or a NEW Corolla (2003 at the time i think?). So yea, it has to be new, and she only trusts Toyota and Hondas are kinda growin on her now too.
BlackSTX
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Dec 7, 2005 - 9:06 PM) [snapback]364633[/snapback]

I seen a bumper sticker today that said, "If we don't support American cars, were will our children work someday?" I though, "all the Toyota and Honda manufacturing plants." Didn't Chevy and Ford move all thier manufacturing plants out of the states? I know a good bit of my family works at the Toyota plant in Kentucky. I think there's more Toyota and Honda plants in the states than any other car make. I'm not sure on that, I've heard it, but I don't know were to get info to back it up or shoot it down.

Camry's and some Lexus's are made in KY, Altimas in TN, and the new Sonatas are made in Alabama. Kia is even thinking about putting a plant here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.