Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BEAMS motor or a 3S-GTE
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Sbonnick
So ive been looking to do a motor swap on my car. and i wanted to know what people think is the better engine. Im looking at a JDM 3rd Gen 3S-GTE , or a 99 JDM BEAMS.
Ive seen over the net that the 3S is got more horsepower, yet ive herd alot of ppl say that the BEAMS is by far better.
Any one got any good comparisons of the 2?
stock comparisons of whats better, and/or modified...
any input would be great.
lagos
the 3sgte is by far the best motor you can swap in. not only does it have the most hp, but it also has the largest potential for making even more power if you choose to.

if you decide to go NA with the 3sge, make sure you can find someone who knows how to rewire the harness for you. its not a common swap, and its almost impossible to find any wiring diagrams for it.
Dr_Tweak
The thing that's nice about the BEAMS is that it's unique and it's a newer engine so they're usually very low mileage. Of course, you can also find a low mileage 3SGTE. And yeah, they make more power for sure (the GTE that is).

I can do the wiring for you if you end up doing the BEAMS... or the 3SGTE for that matter.

-Doc
Bigmeanbulldog55
I'd really like to put a 3sge, beams or not, in my car, but I'm worried about the wiring and potential. If it's not going to make crazy hp numbers, I'm not going to be happy. I like the snap of the NA engines, but the hard pull of the turbo motors is a nice feeling too. Bottem line, do a 3sgte, it's a lot easier. If I keep the Celica, that'll go in.
Stolen
3S-GTE!!! No contest. . Both engines swaps are going to cost you some time. Time = money. You will have to invest money to purchase engine money = money. Hence, this motor has the best potential for power per dollar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.