Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4A-GE in my celica
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
94hatch
last year my mom blew the st at200 motor in her celica and then my dad took it back to the dealer. turns out they swapped the engine to a corolla engine. i think the engine is newer than the car so i need some ideas on some mods and where to find them. any suggestions? confused.gif
zigy

how about you take some pictures of the engine, so we can determine

what the heck are you talking about.... (dealer's are not that stupid)
macavely
QUOTE (zigy @ May 15, 2003 - 8:24 PM)
how about you take some pictures of the engine, so we can determine

what the heck are you talking about.... (dealer's are not that stupid)

Yea take some pics

and sometime dealerships just have some stupid people working there.
Mynzeyes
hrm. they may have put the corolla 7afe in your car. it's hard to believe that it "turns out" they put a 4age in there...which one did they put in there if they did...i'd be curious, cause they would have had to change the entire wiring harness and everything. which is something i seriously doubt they'd do.

-John-
FallenHero
let's not forget that many cars used a 7a engine.
94hatch
i took a second look...it was a 4afe. what the hell is that engine? corolla?
FallenHero
4AFE.... ouch
hata
4afe...isent that like a 90-93 ST engine? 1.6 liter?
Charlie97L
QUOTE (hata @ May 16, 2003 - 9:44 PM)
4afe...isent that like a 90-93 ST engine? 1.6 liter?

yup... it sucks. the only good thing is that you can get some 4agze internals, swap on a 4agze head, throw a turbo on that mofo and you are gone.
94hatch
damn that sucks. anyways imma swap if for another car. more like a 1988 celica gt-s with a 3sge. is that good? confused.gif
west_minist
QUOTE (94hatch @ May 17, 2003 - 11:05 AM)
damn that sucks. anyways imma swap if for another car. more like a 1988 celica gt-s with a 3sge. is that good? confused.gif

That would be very good if it is the 3SGE
Charlie97L
QUOTE (94hatch @ May 17, 2003 - 9:05 AM)

um yeah, but a 3sge in an ST is a lot of work. it won't drop right in. same deal as the 3sgte. also, don't bother getting a 3sge out of an 88. get a JDM one out of a 6th gen, 175 HP... low mileage and way more reliability. www.jarcoinc.com ...call them!
94hatch
i think im just gonna keep the 88 celica. u guys no anywhere i could find a turbo or cold air intake for iti? holla yo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.