Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shock recomendations??
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Suspension/Handling/Braking
t96f
Well folks time for some shocks on the old girl,, unfortuantely I'm off work temporarly so need to get some mid priced shocks.. Buddy of mine can get me Munroe sesitracs for $115 CDN,, are these gonna do the trick or is the something better in around that price range?? Due to current financial situation would rather not go above $150 CDN per shock/strut.. Thanks..
Rivo
The who in the what now? You got Koni's or KYB's. KYB's are OEM replacements that are still a good shock. Koni's are adjustable "race" shocks that require a tad more work on the install. The KYB's are 39 for the front cartridges and 58 for the rear struts, each. The koni's are 180 per shock, ouch.
t96f
yeah and those are US prices,, these are the ones I'm lookin at http://www.monroe.com/products/mp_category...?cat=Sensa-Trac
exxtractor
I saw an add for muffler man (I think) that has kyb shocks/struts for 1/2 off until mid June. You might want to call around and check their prices. Personally I'd go with a kyb oem replacment than the sensatrac, since the kyb's are factory replacements.
t96f
Well I got em and put em in direct bolt up no issues what so ever.. They are great,, Bit soft when first enter corner till she rolls over ever so slightly then tightens right up, Bit harsh over sharp bumps but nothing too bad I recomend em..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.