Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clicking sound from engine/tranny
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
blu94gt
Ok well I've noticed a bit lately that say I'm accelerating and let off the gas completely there's a clicking sound like when the torque is let off the engine, kind of like the CV joint clicking or something. Well I checked it out and that's fine, and now I'm noticing it a little more when I'm clutching too. No clue what the sound is, I haven't checked my clutch hydraulics or anything yet.

Any ideas guys?
JFrost9
sounds like the bomb from the movie Speed... i think the real question here is do you have any enemies? No im just kidding... and i know nothing about clicking noises, other then that i have like 10 different ones in my car.
soulshadow
Its a wheel bearing mine was doing that and I am now replacing it. The bearings ate away at the hubs so now im screwed with more parts to buy. Fix it now, before it becomes a grinding noise.
maikl
i thing it is a bearing from your gear-box or some wheel....
pure_dx
mine does the same thing, but something is telling me its not from my wheels, it kinda sounds like the clutch or tranny is engaging or something, happens when i switch gears at low speed (5-spd manual)
Nigel
I have a ticking or clicking noise that sounds like it comes from the passager wheel when i turn full lock to left for more then 3-4 turns it makes a grinding noise, when i drive sometimes it feels werid. Maybe its the bearing instead of the cv joint. lets hope.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.