Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wat to do with $2K for the celica
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
soulshadow
So, I'm about to receive 2 grand from my student loans after buying my books and paying off class courses. Now the question, is what to do with that 2 Grand? I was thinking about investing it in broken down cars and refixing them again and then selling them, or buy more car parts for the celica. Yes I know that its gonna be debt in the future, but what the heck. I might as well enjoy it while im still in school and free.

Any suggestions? I was thinking I might even swap out the 20V 4age and put in a 3sgte for more road ripping power.
tim86
wow lots of choices... i went with replace with 3sgte because it seemed the 20v doesnt have as much power as you are looking for... up to you though man, hope you get some nice stuff smile.gif
Consynx
i said put in savings
i just got about the same from mine.
i say you save up till ya got a bigger amount and then think BIGGER tongue.gif
djultimate
take it from me dude... DEBT SUCKS @$$!!!! 2g's is alot more than it seems.
CelicaZR
I dont think you would be happy with the 20v.
You might as well go 3sgte biggrin.gif
You seem like the guy that wants a fast car (from your
other posts) so I dont know if you're really considering
suspension and exterior mods.
Bigmeanbulldog55
I was tworn between building a 20v and 3sgte. I'd love to hit 11k on a NA motor. I'd be happy with 9-10 really. But my power lust requires a 3sgte I think. I'll be lucky if I ever find a car fast enough.
95CelicaST
I said build the 20V, because 3SGTE's are more common, build the 20V and be the first 6th Gen to hit 11K
Defgeph
If you build an NA engine to hit 11k RPM I would definalty buy a splatter shield.

And I doubt you would be able to build it for 2000.

If you dont have to pay it back, I'd put it in the bank.
gt_driFFter
QUOTE(defgeph @ Jan 4, 2006 - 11:22 AM) [snapback]374452[/snapback]

If you dont have to pay it back, I'd put it in the bank.

"Yes I know that its gonna be debt in the future, but what the heck. " I'm pretty sure that means it's a loan tongue.gif

I'd put it in the bank regardless, and forget about it until it comes time to pay it off, rather than having a $2k debt hangin over your head in a couple years. It's the same situation with credit cards. When you're in a store, and see something that you want, and you have a credit card it's sooo easy to just swipe away! But when it comes time to pay that bill, it's a slightly different feeling. lol

-Josh
dstrbcelica
turbo the 20v.

-dstrb
Kwanza26
Luab nqe ces tuag...

debt isn't easy friend... so try and be realistic between what you "want" and what you "need"...

Also... 11K 20V is unrealistic. Unstreetable race engine more or less. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a dreamer...
Agent21
Dude give the car a full tune up, and maybe replace some of the big seals, fresh set of tires and maybe struts and breaks. Take whatever is left and give it back. This way you have a solid car for 50-60k and one less worry in college and all. Yeah it sucks you can't go crazy with it but in the long run you'll appreciate this.
soulshadow
QUOTE(Agent21 @ Jan 4, 2006 - 7:42 PM) [snapback]374603[/snapback]

Dude give the car a full tune up, and maybe replace some of the big seals, fresh set of tires and maybe struts and breaks. Take whatever is left and give it back. This way you have a solid car for 50-60k and one less worry in college and all. Yeah it sucks you can't go crazy with it but in the long run you'll appreciate this.

Yah, you know what that's what I might just do. I see the car breaking every now and then. It just seems to common, so I might just fix up whatever is wrong and drive it normally again from here to there. I do need something that can get me to school and back and yet still live long enough untill I get out. Then again, I plan to join the Navy and get all Debt and loans paid off. Either way......It's just too hard to choose.
Brew
u should invest in this awesome stock called "hookers and blow"...
laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.