Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hydroplained off road
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
StreetRacing10PSI
i was coming home from my girl friends house last night around 10:45PM when my celi hydroplained and all most hit a telephone poll. the speed limit was 50MPH and i was doing no more then 45MPH when the back end slid out from the lack of tread on the tires iam guessing. the car spun around 180 degrees and slid around id say 200 ft untill i went off the road into the dirt were i slid another 20 or so feet. LUCKLY i did not hit anything. i got out to check the car and i noticed my tracks going threw the dirt were about 2 feet from a telephone poll and the back of my car was about 10 feet from hitting a sign. iam so lucky i didnt hit any thing and their were no other cars on the road. thought i would share this being its the closest i have ever got to being in an accident so far.
CLYCK
wow i didnt notice the rain that much yesturday, didnt think it was that bad but yeah lyucky man, where in jersey where u coming from?
StreetRacing10PSI
i live in south jersey in ocean county. i was only driving less then 15 miles from my girlfriends house to my house when it happened in my neighbor hood only a few blocks from my house. earlyer that day i saw a newer nissan frontier pick up spin out and crash in to a telephone poll hitting directly into the driver side door right in front of me. so when it happened to me i was so scared i was gonna hit something.
macavely
damn your really really lucky ... but jersey we do have some nice roads for hydroplaining
Shigexile
you and i are alike. i spun out too. check the blog "my celi" for my story.
we are some lucky bastards.
CelicaZR
You're one lucky person smile.gif
Now go get new tires.
StreetRacing10PSI
i just took my rims off for the winter and but my stock tires back on the other day. i never had a problem wit the tires on my rims and the tread on these tires really arnt that bad either so i just might but my rims back on till i get new tires on the stock rims.
ILuvMyCelica95
eek! i'm glad you're ok Thats some scary ****.

Edit: thanks Shin! thats what u get for reading two topics at once. bwahaha
shin
he's not corey tina... but yea. you're lucky man.. go get new tires~!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.