Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: someone tried to steal my ENGINE!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
presure2
well, some jackass decided to stick a screwdriver or somthing between my hood and bumper last night and tried to pry open my hood...
god only knows what they we're gonna try to steal... kindasad.gif
the latch held, they didnt get in..
i am SO sick of fixing this damn car already..
frown.gif
Phat_99CeliGT
man that sucks.

how bad was the damage?
recneps
god damn thats balsy.

ive had friends with **** like a axle back exhaust stolen but never people trying to get under the hood.
ILuvMyCelica95
Holy crap!!!!!! Manny lets kick their ass.

Do you have an alarm? you need a garage dude
Defgeph
God damn that sucks man. I hate people man.

hitcachi
I cant believe that. Oh wait. Ya i can. People are so low sometimes. I just want to yell "go out and get a job u scum of the earth instead of trying to steal everything" But it really gets to me when you pour your heart and soul (and wallet) into your car and someone with a screwdriver can f everything up. Oh well. But ya, your car and tufys are my 2 fav.
dustinkemp
i hope the damage wasnt that bad...
sorry to hear that man
shin
that sucks manny... what the hell were they trying to steal?????? the CT27???? BOV??? that's crazy man... you need a better security system for the celi. how bad is the damage?
x_itchy_b_x
buy a huge weapon. or act crazy all the time and tell people ur bash there face in if they touch it.
BBoYRuGGeD
oh g'damn that sucks...how bads the damage?

bboy
Blakout16
stealing at its worst. might've just been a vandalism, because usually if a thief wanted it that bad he woulda probably got it.
devilsden97
QUOTE(shin @ Jan 5, 2006 - 11:11 AM) [snapback]374794[/snapback]

that sucks manny... what the hell were they trying to steal?????? the CT27???? BOV??? that's crazy man... you need a better security system for the celi. how bad is the damage?

Security System....Remington 12 gauge....no one messes with u then.
crismillencolin
Jealousy - man that fu**in sucks - i'd like to give that kinda scum a scottish kiss biggrin.gif (Heeeaaaaddbutttt)followed by lots of stamping laugh.gif

Get a garage mate!
95CelicaST
You should invest in an alarm that hooks up to your hood as well as your doors and such, and also get some Hella supertone horns, not only will you keep them out, but you'll make them deaf and possibly break windows.
presure2
we do have an alarm, and it DID go off.
problem is, where i live, we cant hear it in the house.
and noone seems to hear or see ANYTHING in this damn "neighborhood"
i havent even seen the damage yet, my wife goes to work @ 4:30 am, and didnt notice the damage till around 7:30 this morning.
what a great way to start a day..woken up by the wifey telling me this crap.
she should be home in a little while, ill try and get a couple pics then.
thanks for the kind words all, they DO help.
the wife just got home, here are a couple pics..

[attachmentid=472]

[attachmentid=473]

[attachmentid=474]

needless to say, we're just slightly pissed off. laugh.gif
jenn stopped by and seen our buddy dominic (our body dude) on the way home from work and he said he can take care of it no problem..didnt give her a price tho, imma call him and see what he says..
Insanity-74
Sorry to hear about that bud...that sucks. Do what I do and link up an infra-red camera to you computer or a video, and leave it recording all the time. Since i fitted it in a very visible place, noone has touched my car. Prior to that it had been vandalised twice in a month.
presure2
QUOTE(Insanity-74 @ Jan 5, 2006 - 2:18 PM) [snapback]374873[/snapback]

Sorry to hear about that bud...that sucks. Do what I do and link up an infra-red camera to you computer or a video, and leave it recording all the time. Since i fitted it in a very visible place, noone has touched my car. Prior to that it had been vandalised twice in a month.

you know, ive actually THOUGHT about doing that...id need a camara that'd work wireless from about 75 or so feet tho, because of how we have to park the car.
any links? smile.gif
devilsden97
OMg thats so ****ed up!
soulshadow
They probbaly thought you had an alarm, so they just wanted to disable it first. But seems like you don't so they got nervouse and decided to run off when someone came by or something. The other thing is they might have wanted to cut up all your wires, and damage your engine. Its about time you start thinking of who you pissed off or beated dragging. The ones I can think of are poor peeople who have caught a glimpse of your car. Quality as they say is the only thing thieves go after.
Silver94CelicaOwner
I hate people. That is just plain wrong, I hope whoever did it gets caught in the act with somebody elses car and has their ass kicked. Hard.....

By manny. wink.gif

Good luck with everything, you two.
xquickwitx
Ouch! It dosen't look too bad concidering what could it could have been. That is why I'm really leary about doing any body mods. The advantages to driving a sleeper aren't allways only while your racing. Why can't people just pass by, get an eye full, and move on? But I'm talking about more than just your situation. I'm talking about the people who have to leave their mark (phisically). The people who key cars, steal stereo decks, slash tires and I even group people who come up to a dirty car and write "wash me" with a wet finger in the same catagory. YOU DON'T F%$@ WITH ANOTHER PERSONS S&*#!!! It's not yours, leave it alone.

Sorry about that rant.
ILuvMyCelica95
QUOTE(x_itchy_b_x @ Jan 5, 2006 - 11:58 AM) [snapback]374814[/snapback]

buy a huge weapon. or act crazy all the time and tell people ur bash there face in if they touch it.

lol Manny does act crazy all the time, **** i wouldnt mess with him haha

manny and jenn i <3 you!
97lestyousay
I don't know what to say that hasn't been said. Hopefully somebody saw somthing.
People suck.
celicaST
QUOTE(presure2 @ Jan 5, 2006 - 12:20 PM) [snapback]374874[/snapback]

you know, ive actually THOUGHT about doing that...id need a camara that'd work wireless from about 75 or so feet tho, because of how we have to park the car.
any links? smile.gif

id think that just having a camera visible would serve as a effective deterrent whether it actually works or not. i dont know what else to say either. at least its not too bad, could have been worse.
Coomer
That sucks Manny...sorry to see that man.

What I would suggest is multiple sirens if you only have one, and maybe multiple horns. You'd be surprised at how loud four external sirens and six OEM Toyota horns are when my alarm is triggered. Also, you might consider adding extra visual cues that you have an alarm. Perhaps LEDs on the rear tops of the door panels or LEDs on the rear view mirror or something.
JoKeRkId613
hmmm... that multiple horn thing sounds like a great idea. are all horns hooked up together to the same wires? or are they individually hooked up to something else? so you really have 4 sirens and 6 horns in your car, Coom? sry to hear that manny. ur car still looks awesome tho. goodluck with the repair, im sure u'll get a good price on the fix.
RocketScott
Hope the fix is relativly inexpensive. Sorry to hear about this happening to you guys.

I was actually thinking of turning my siren off while my car is in front of my house. I'm going to get the add-on pager for my alarm. I think it would be way more satisfying to catch the bastards and not just scare them away.

speedy
srry to hear about the damage... that is always a bad way to wake up, i would know... i hope that the repair is cheap cuz that suck havin to spend money on sh!t u didnt break
jgreening
I have a big tire iron that you can use to beat them bloody senseless when you catch them. My only request is that you get it on video and post it here and elsewhere for potential thieves everywhere to see.
Cutrara
I don't understand why people do stuff like this. They don't think about others hard work.

QUOTE(JoKeRkId613 @ Jan 5, 2006 - 3:51 PM) [snapback]374927[/snapback]

hmmm... that multiple horn thing sounds like a great idea. are all horns hooked up together to the same wires? or are they individually hooked up to something else? so you really have 4 sirens and 6 horns in your car, Coom? sry to hear that manny. ur car still looks awesome tho. goodluck with the repair, im sure u'll get a good price on the fix.

You need a relay.
purplegt4
sorry about that!!

knock on wood

but would it be better to walk out to that? or an empty parking spot.

hope this is the last time.

mad.gif kill all dem damn bastards
macavely
damn that suck manny .. at least they didn't get anything.... i know how you feel.. its like when some one took the bolts out of my brake caliper.. but since your drive is close enuff to your door set up a remot door chiam on the doors hatch and hood.. so if they are open you get a buzz in your room ... real simple and affective solution to your problem ..
creis
dang, thats pretty low, maybe it was someone wanting to know what your running, it seems pretty stupid to try and jack something under the hood, only thing you could get is the air filter or batt withough taking a load of time, but then again stealing in general is stupid and done by pretty stupid people.

Sorry to hear about this though, hope its an easy fix and the last time it happens.
pure_dx
did you have an alarm? why didn't it go off????
Celicav
Never really heard of someone trying to break in under someone's car hood. Maybe it was someone that knows what is under the hood...that you may know? Sounds crazy, but that is really unusual for someone to do that. kindasad.gif
Batman722
scum Manny, complete scumbags messing with your car...

QUOTE(pure_dx @ Jan 5, 2006 - 11:49 PM) [snapback]375109[/snapback]

did you have an alarm? why didn't it go off????

he does have an alarm, but also has neighbors that don't care kindasad.gif

QUOTE(Celicav @ Jan 6, 2006 - 12:02 AM) [snapback]375118[/snapback]

Never really heard of someone trying to break in under someone's car hood. Maybe it was someone that knows what is under the hood...that you may know? Sounds crazy, but that is really unusual for someone to do that. kindasad.gif

IMO the crackheads were probably trying to pop the hood to undo the battery cable so the alarm wouldn't sound (or stop it from goin off). Once that is done, easy pickings all around.

What a shock for them to open the hood and see there is no battery, it's in the trunk wink.gif

keep your head up man, and keep a lookout for the next few weeks, we know what happens around there mad.gif
lagos
OMG manny.....thats f u c ked up !!!

you seem to have really back luck with body damage to your car.

i would say, look into 2 way alarms that beep your pager. that way, if you are at a store, or at home, it will notify you (dont know how well they work tho).

i remeber seeing a fairly cheap camera system on home shopping network before. im sure u can find the same thing on ebay too. it was basically a camera that looked like an outside lightt. the cool think is, you just plug in the transmiter and reciever into a normal outlet and it usese the wiring in your home to send the data. not sure if it had motion sensors tho.... but it was only about 100$ i think
boosted_K2
most likely going to try hotwiring it or trying to get to the alarm to disengauge it... lucky your latch held manny!
blu94gt
hmmm maybe i'll put my battery in my trunk after i install my alarm...
My2Celi
QUOTE(hitcachi @ Jan 5, 2006 - 10:06 AM) [snapback]374789[/snapback]

I cant believe that. Oh wait. Ya i can. People are so low sometimes. I just want to yell "go out and get a job u scum of the earth instead of trying to steal everything" But it really gets to me when you pour your heart and soul (and wallet) into your car and someone with a screwdriver can f everything up. Oh well. But ya, your car and tufys are my 2 fav.

yea i did that once, i threw pennies at this girl that was around my age that i used to go to school with. standing around with a sign saying she's hungry need money. she found out where i work and keyed my 240. should of just keep my mouth shut... o and i got my 240 broken into 2 days ago. took my subs and my optima battery...*sigh
Hanyo
wow the first think i thought was " oh no! the gt4 hood!"

but the damage is not that bad, I'm pretty sure it was an amature theif. Because in all my years of seeing cars stolen this was the first time I've seen them use the screw driver on the hood latch. Most of the time they go for the hood latch cable.
presure2
QUOTE(Hanyo @ Jan 6, 2006 - 7:36 AM) [snapback]375207[/snapback]

wow the first think i thought was " oh no! the gt4 hood!"

but the damage is not that bad, I'm pretty sure it was an amature theif. Because in all my years of seeing cars stolen this was the first time I've seen them use the screw driver on the hood latch. Most of the time they go for the hood latch cable.

yea, whoever it was, was a totall idiot.
i tried to put myself in theyre shoes, and figure out what the hell they were doing...i mean, really, if you want under the hood that bad, why not just punch out a window and pop the latch?...or with the GT4 bumper, you could just punch out the upper grill,(its plastic in case ya didnt know) and go from there..
and even then..once you get the hood up...without tools, what the hell are you gonna steal?? not like you can just rip the turbo out like a radio!! haha

im thinking theyre gonna try to come back...
all i can say is god better be with them when they do, cause if i catch them, or anyone...imma BASH there fuggin knees with a bat..
and thats no joke. laugh.gif
soltrain
You might want to look into a wireless Wi-fi camera that you can put outside and record the street with. Link it up to your network and have a computer just record stills every 5 seconds. Then at least you'll have evidence.
CelicaZR
Sorry to hear about it Manny frown.gif
The damage doesnt look that bad, but still
it's damage and it was not your fault.
I hope you catch these little sh!ts.
When you do catch them tied them up and sit them
down and show them how to break into cars properly.
After you've shown them go ahead and break their knees.
While your there breaking their knees, you might as well
break their arms, re-arrange their face and rip their balls off wink.gif
GMan
Sorry to hear about your troubles. :-(((

Have you thought of locking Hood pins ?
If Just for the added disIncetive for a punk to try ?

Tough call, you set the alarm so sentivve you piss off the neighbors
every time it is windy; or it goes off just as the thief opens the door.

Luckily they did not get tthe hood opened though.
It would've been easy pickings after disconnecting the battery.
U got the battery in the trunk, miltipel sirens...

Always something... :-(

Regards;
-------------------------------------
back to lurking...
Insanity-74
QUOTE(presure2 @ Jan 5, 2006 - 7:20 PM) [snapback]374874[/snapback]

any links? smile.gif

Not at the moment, but I will look into it for ya and let you know. smile.gif
lagos
im willing to bet that its somone that lives on your block and has been keeping an eye on your car for a while now.
pure_dx
QUOTE(blu94gt @ Jan 6, 2006 - 1:46 AM) [snapback]375168[/snapback]

hmmm maybe i'll put my battery in my trunk after i install my alarm...

isn't the trunk easier to break in than the hood? some people break into trunks to get in too
madmods
That sucks, I want your motor Manny but it wasn't me. Time to invest in the dei pager. Will wire right into any alarm.
presure2
QUOTE(madmods @ Jan 7, 2006 - 7:19 PM) [snapback]375761[/snapback]

That sucks, I want your motor Manny but it wasn't me. Time to invest in the dei pager. Will wire right into any alarm.

haha
yea, we've been wanting one of those alarms for a while...looks like a good excuse to get it now..ill leave that sh*t on silent...and come out SWINGING when it goes off.. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.