Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maybe the faster GT4 on Europe
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
NickTheGreek
After one year I just complete the engine modifications .
I have now 400 Hp on the four wheels( about 500Hp from the engine at the 1.5 bar).
Togethet with the C-ONE's close mission it's very easy to overtake any EVO or SUBARU.
The acceleration it's tremendous, with no lag at all.

user posted image

I will post later images of the engine.

I believe that the celica GT4 it's the last true sport car....
dustin15brown
awesome man can't wait to see pics and vids
creis
very nice, I wish gt-fours where allowed over here in the us.
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(NickTheGreek @ Jan 7, 2006 - 11:33 AM) [snapback]375614[/snapback]

Toyota's last true sports car. The 7th gen Celica was sportier than any 6th gen we got state side, but it was cheaply built and not near what the gt-4 is. Nice car. I see the pics in the profile. That's a nice looking set up on the motor. I'd like to see more pictures of it.
Insanity-74
Nice..good figures..but you have a while to go to claim the title of the fastest in Europe...the fastest one I know of has 571BHP so you have a few BHP to go yet. Good job though smile.gif
shin
one more reason why i just adore the GT4...... wish i have the money to buy one..
lagos
awesome car!
BBoYRuGGeD
QUOTE(NickTheGreek @ Jan 7, 2006 - 4:33 PM) [snapback]375614[/snapback]

wow thats so f'in true...lol

btw nice numbers bro...REEAALLL nice numbers...and beautiful car!

bboy
jgreening
Looks like nice results. I have never seen the horsepower and torque lines cross a second time like that around 7900 rpm....any explanation why that has occurred?

Celicav
Check out his high res pic in his profile. That is definitely worth calendar submission!
CelicaZR
Wow... that is a beautiful car smile.gif
Very nice numbers too.
Now some vids of subie and evo
ownage would be great.
bloodrain
QUOTE(CelicaZR @ Jan 7, 2006 - 7:22 PM) [snapback]375763[/snapback]

Very nice numbers too.
ownage would be great.

if im not mistaken hes already on the main webpage, what more do ya want! lol
Insanity-74
QUOTE(jgreening @ Jan 7, 2006 - 10:16 PM) [snapback]375706[/snapback]

Looks like nice results. I have never seen the horsepower and torque lines cross a second time like that around 7900 rpm....any explanation why that has occurred?

Didnt notice that...I`ve never seen that either...or not that I can recall....strange!!!!!
RocketScott
QUOTE(jgreening @ Jan 7, 2006 - 2:16 PM) [snapback]375706[/snapback]

The pink and red lines only cross once. Around 7100rpm.

Wow, nice job Nick. America is the home of the free my a$$. I want a GT4.
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(Insanity-74 @ Jan 7, 2006 - 2:18 PM) [snapback]375664[/snapback]

Nice..good figures..but you have a while to go to claim the title of the fastest in Europe...the fastest one I know of has 571BHP so you have a few BHP to go yet. Good job though smile.gif

High hp doesn't mean fastest. There's a guy out there with a 7 or 8 hundred hp MR2, but he still only runs something around 11's in the quarter. Yeah, that's fast, but with that hp, you'd think it'd be higher. Dyno queens, man, dyno queens. Doesn't mean that the guy with 571bhp is slow though.
jgreening
QUOTE(RocketScott @ Jan 7, 2006 - 8:27 PM) [snapback]375794[/snapback]

QUOTE(jgreening @ Jan 7, 2006 - 2:16 PM) [snapback]375706[/snapback]

The pink and red lines only cross once. Around 7100rpm.

You know, you're right I read that wrong. But, your discovery leads to another question. Why don't these lines cross at 5252? Its a mathematical fact that they have to if the hp and torque axis is scalled together. There is a minor variation but not that much to be 1900 rpm's off.
NickTheGreek
We wasted a lot of dates on the dyno and the on the road, programming the ECU so that we achieve the curves of the torque and power that I wanted, putting in second order the absolute numbers.
Our target was to have the maximum torque above the 6.500 rpm - to take advance of the C-ONE close mission – without a power flow so that we can have a driveable car especially on the corners.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d166/aek...ose_mission.gif

The curve of the torque is depends mainly from the duration of the cams and from the programming of the ECU.
I am sure that you will have seen cars as the AUDI turbo, with constant torque from 1.000 rpm until the 6.000 rpm….
Also how fast is a car it’s not depend only from the horsepower, but mainly form the way and that he puts the power on the street.
Until now I have overtake EVO’s with more than 600Hp on the wheels…
But as everybody knows, I know that will be always a … celica faster than me…( my engineer’s GT4 makes low 10’s in the quarter….)

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d166/aek1924/1001.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d166/aek1924/1002.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d166/aek1924/1003.jpg

I will apso post videos.
NickTheGreek
We wasted a lot of dates on the dyno and the on the road, programming the ECU so that we achieve the curves of the torque and power that I wanted, putting in second order the absolute numbers.
Our target was to have the maximum torque above the 6.500 rpm - to take advance of the C-ONE close mission – without a power flow so that we can have a driveable car especially on the corners.

user posted image

The curve of the torque is depends mainly from the duration of the cams and from the programming of the ECU.
I am sure that you will have seen cars as the AUDI turbo, with constant torque from 1.000 rpm until the 6.000 rpm….
Also how fast is a car it’s not depend only from the horsepower, but mainly form the way and that he puts the power on the street.
Until now I have overtake EVO’s with more than 600Hp on the wheels…
But as everybody knows, I know that will be always a … celica faster than me…( my engineer’s GT4 makes low 10’s in the quarter….)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
tufy
very nice mods there nick. give magic a call to arrange a meeting when you come cyprus.
btw who is your engineer? i know a blue drag gt4 from greece. name of the guy is barbaris. is he you engineer?
Insanity-74
What inlet manifold is that????
NickTheGreek
Yes tufy, my engineer is BARBARIS...
CelicaZR
QUOTE(bloodrain @ Jan 8, 2006 - 12:07 PM) [snapback]375774[/snapback]

QUOTE(CelicaZR @ Jan 7, 2006 - 7:22 PM) [snapback]375763[/snapback]

Very nice numbers too.
ownage would be great.

if im not mistaken hes already on the main webpage, what more do ya want! lol

Where I cant find it?
NickTheGreek
Well, the inlet manifold is from CALDINA.

user posted image
photo of the C-ONE close mission.

user posted image
photo of the interior,you see also the Tein EDFC.

Yes, the foto of the car in the main page it'ws mine...I am proud.

CelicaZR
ooh I see it now tongue.gif
But I want to see some vids of Evo and subie ownage
bloodrain wink.gif
Magic
Nice Car Nick and great power figures....
Its really nice to see GT4's with this power...
You can join our Club as Tufy said in Cyprus.
You can give more details about your turbo,this can give many asnwers to GT4's owners about what kind of power they can expect from this kind of setup,also about what kind of internals you are using.
tufy
it writes 0.7 a/r on it. so it is probaply a t3/t4 hybrid like mine. what internals are you using? a jun stroker kit? can you post full mod. list? or its a secret.
i heard that barbaris had some gearbox proplems at dragster. does he still running with standart gearbox?
NickTheGreek
All the internals is from HKS, no stroker kit.
The bottom - end of the block is from a N/A SS-III.
Until now we have a lot of promblems with the bottom - ends. We have try any version of the 3SGTE and we found that the block from the SS-III is the stroger.

I the next days I will post complete details of the modifications with photos and videos.
But my enginner has his secret...

Tufy I believe Barbaris is still running with standard gearbox, but he plans to install a XTRAC 6 speed gearbox.

dustin15brown
That settles it, I'm moving to cyprus
Magic
NickTheGreek probably you have not tried Caldina bottom end smile.gif Toyota made serious changes on its version "4" 3SGTE engine but anyway i have seen various versions of 3SGTE's handling more than 700bhp (including GT4's and MR2 versions).
Btw do you mean Beams VVTI 3SGE by telling SSIII?
You can have serious power from a 3SGTE smile.gif
CelicaZR
QUOTE(dustin15brown @ Jan 9, 2006 - 3:21 AM) [snapback]375974[/snapback]

That settles it, I'm moving to cyprus

I'm coming with ya biggrin.gif
It suck here too frown.gif
Mr_E
Nice work, but power and torque MUST cross at 5252rpm.

Oddness?

NickTheGreek
Well I just become father yesterday… I will start to search for a baby sport seat for my son now….

Magic, the bottom end it’s from a BEAMS VVTI 3SGE engine.

Until now we had broke a lot of 3SGTE blocks (include the caldina version) when we push the boost above the 1.9 – 2.0 bars.
We try the bottom end of the BEAMS VVTI 3SGE block because we know that the latest COROLA WRC had a turbo conversion of the BEAMS VVTI 3SGE engine.

In comparison with the EVO, the TOYOTA 3SGTE engine it’s better engine but it has one weakness. The block it’s not so strong…
shin
OMG...ya went 2 bars on your 3sgte... thats like 29.4lbs of boost.... bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif
congrats on your kid NICK. have you named him yet?
Magic
NicktheGreek Congratulations for you and your babe "Na sou Zisi" in Greek language.smile.gif

Now about the block i know from a TTE (Toyota Team Europe) tunner that the Caldina version block it is MUCH stronger than previous 3SGTE blocks,i am still talking about version "4".
In Cyprus i have a friend with MR2(3SGTE Version "3") that he is running 2.2 bar max boost using Apexi stroker but this is not my point,i think that every boost above the 1.2bar on 3SGTE,every single 0.1 bar must handle very serious performing the engine tunning,i think tunning its the key not the block i.e you can see 3SGTE engines running on 1.9 boost without any problems and you can see 3SGTE engines running 1.4 and braking,of course i am not talking about the peripherals(intake.exhaust etc) i am talking about rebuilt engines and when you are reaching higher every single detail it matters.
We have very strong JDM cars in Cyprus,most of them running low 9 seconds and you should notice that many Cypriot cars are coming in Greece for Draggster.
What is weak on our cars with more than 500bhp?Its the differential/gearbox smile.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Mr_E
QUOTE(NickTheGreek @ Jan 9, 2006 - 7:44 PM) [snapback]376375[/snapback]

In comparison with the EVO, the TOYOTA 3SGTE engine it’s better engine but it has one weakness. The block it’s not so strong…

Fensport are running 650bhp on a standard GTE block. The block is as tough as old nails. Tony has 600bhp with the standard crank.
I know of nobody who's managed to damage the thickwalled GTE block. Head gaskets, knackered turbos, valvetrain issues, all manner of other nasty stuff, but no issues with the block.

How were they failing. And were they thick or thinkwalled blocks?
NickTheGreek
Sorry, maybe I am not so clear.

When I told that the block of the 3SGTE it's not so strong in comparison with the EVO, I mean that my engineer (BARBARIS) with his GT4 - more than 600HP on the wheels- above the 1.9 - 2.0 bars he has a lot of problems with the block- it chaps.
At the same time the EVO at the same boost from the same tuner it 's OK...

Any way, I will visit CYPRUS Magic as soon as possible, because I am very impressed with the tuners from CYPRUS this summer.

As for the gearboxs, the C-ONE is just perfect ....
tufy
QUOTE(NickTheGreek @ Jan 10, 2006 - 7:40 PM) [snapback]376804[/snapback]

Sorry, maybe I am not so clear.

When I told that the block of the 3SGTE it's not so strong in comparison with the EVO, I mean that my engineer (BARBARIS) with his GT4 - more than 600HP on the wheels- above the 1.9 - 2.0 bars he has a lot of problems with the block- it chaps.
At the same time the EVO at the same boost from the same tuner it 's OK...

Any way, I will visit CYPRUS Magic as soon as possible, because I am very impressed with the tuners from CYPRUS this summer.

As for the gearboxs, the C-ONE is just perfect ....

2 bar boost with your turbo and barbaris's turbo 'HKS T51r' makes so much difference. biggrin.gif
playr158
NICKGEEK go to recaro for baby racing seats!

good luck on being a father brother noting better then becoming dad!
and nice numbers!

http://www.recaro-nao.com/INDEX_FRAMES.HTML

its under "young seats"
Magic
[/quote]
2 bar boost with your turbo and barbaris's turbo 'HKS T51r' makes so much difference. biggrin.gif
[/quote]

I agree with you Tufy,if you consider that with a Greddy T88 34D Turbo at 1.8bar on a 3SGTE engine you are getting 720HP,probably you have the 600bhp at 1.4bar!!!This has no sense if you are trying to get the 600bhp or 700bhp on 2.2!!!!Its all about the Setup,tunning and turbo profile!
Evo blocks,Subaru blocks,Toyota blocks i am sure all blocks have their limits,i think if someone its trying to built a 10 sec GT4 or Subaru or Evo for just one run it is very easy for him smile.gif what about the second run?? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.