Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need help!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
pnoywitmustrdsauce
im about the change the driver side axle becauase it is pretty bad, and all i was wondering was what are the steps in changing it and any recommendation in oil transmission fluid? thanks in advances
Bigmeanbulldog55
You need to remove wheel, remove bolts holding the hub on, remove center bolt on axle to hub (In the middle of the rotor), I think you just pull it out now. The passanger side has another thing holding it midway I think, I could be thinking of my other car. When you reasemble, make sure that nut in the middle of the rotor is very tite. Toyota recomends you use this special stuff they sell for tranny fuild. It's a little better in my opinion, but you can use synro-mesh. Synro-mesh is a good bit cheaper and you can pick it up from your local parts store. Good luck.

EDIT: For future referance, naming your topic something that at least hints to what your wanting help with gets more attention. It also helps others find the info when searching. "need help," is pretty vage.
jgreening
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Jan 22, 2006 - 11:22 AM) [snapback]382285[/snapback]

....I think you just pull it out now. The passanger side has another thing holding it midway I think, I could be thinking of my other car. ... Toyota recomends you use this special stuff they sell for tranny fuild. It's a little better in my opinion, but you can use synro-mesh. .... Good luck.

Yea, good luck following that advice.
lagos
http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchive/bgb...afts%202.2L.pdf

read that
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(jgreening @ Jan 22, 2006 - 12:52 PM) [snapback]382297[/snapback]

QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Jan 22, 2006 - 11:22 AM) [snapback]382285[/snapback]

....I think you just pull it out now. The passanger side has another thing holding it midway I think, I could be thinking of my other car. ... Toyota recomends you use this special stuff they sell for tranny fuild. It's a little better in my opinion, but you can use synro-mesh. .... Good luck.

Yea, good luck following that advice.

It wouldn't be so bad when you dissagree with me if you just let me know why. I changed my axles, but it was about 1 1/2 ago. And I've swapped out my transmision for a new one, and I know when I looked up what the car took, it was some kind of special fluid. Changing the axles isn't rocket science, you just take off things to get to it, yank it out, lub a new one and put it in there. They come with dirrections. The first time I changed one out, I did it on my own without really knowing what I was doing. Worked out just fine.
jgreening
Its not that I disagree - its just that no one can tell what you meant in your first post.
pnoywitmustrdsauce
do i need to lube the end that goes into the tranny or can i just put it in? i'll let you know hoe it turns out in a new topic thanks guys
Kwanza26
QUOTE(pnoywitmustrdsauce @ Jan 23, 2006 - 9:04 PM) [snapback]382815[/snapback]

do i need to lube the end that goes into the tranny or can i just put it in? i'll let you know hoe it turns out in a new topic thanks guys

Always use lube when putting it in a tranny... eww... LOL...
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(Kwanza26 @ Jan 23, 2006 - 5:33 PM) [snapback]382889[/snapback]

LOL
Jen
Omg, that was horrible.. and classic. :x
Predator
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Jan 23, 2006 - 11:20 PM) [snapback]383131[/snapback]

QUOTE(Kwanza26 @ Jan 23, 2006 - 5:33 PM) [snapback]382889[/snapback]

LOL

ROFL!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.