Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 76 LB with 3sgte? Lost my marbles!
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
Agent21
Ok so maybe I am nuts but I sorta feel in love with the 76 liftback (probably because it looks like a miniature version of my mom's mustang) but I don't just want a mere 80 HP. So I started playing with motor combinations and came up 3sgte (light and way too powerful). Now my issue comes at thus, what trany would I use? the all-trac? Some sort of truck hybrid? I am at a bit of a loss. I like the idea of the all-trac because you could slide the motor way back and get a good weight ratio. This is just in the planning stages for the moment no idea when it could come about.
Kwanza26
There are custom bellhousings made to bolt up to the W series RWD trannys (2wd truck/rwd celica trans) that are specifically for longitudinal S series conversions.
Bigmeanbulldog55
If your going as far to try to put a 3sgte in a 76 (which I don't think we got stateside), why not use the 6speed Supra transmition? We only got the ST's in 77 didn't we? I don't really know. I've wanted to buy an old Celica and do something like that, but I'd rather have an older Corolla and leave it Carberated and build it up. Vintage road racer, it would be so freaking sweet.
Kwanza26
Oh yeah... there is also the somewhat rare Altezza 6speed off the beams blacktop...
Agent21
Supra parts are something I am trying to avoid. They are HEAVY everything about the supra is heavy and I want this car to retain some "lightness" hence 3sgte rather then 7m or 2jz. Kwanza do you think an old celica tranny could take a 3sgte putting out 200-300 hp? I mean no doubt it is a hell of a cost an frustration savings BUT only if the tranny can take it.
Kwanza26
QUOTE(Agent21 @ Jan 23, 2006 - 1:05 AM) [snapback]382445[/snapback]

Supra parts are something I am trying to avoid. They are HEAVY everything about the supra is heavy and I want this car to retain some "lightness" hence 3sgte rather then 7m or 2jz. Kwanza do you think an old celica tranny could take a 3sgte putting out 200-300 hp? I mean no doubt it is a hell of a cost an frustration savings BUT only if the tranny can take it.

There are various W series trans... with various different motors mounted to them. Everything from 22R's to 7MG's... so yes... I do think it can handle a 3SGTE. Like I said, it's the trans of choice for the RWD 3S swappers... and this is the smallest tranny that can handle a 3SGTE. I know for sure the T series boxes can't... and there aren't many others...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.