Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noise from passager wheel??
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Nigel
Celica 2.0 3sfe.

Only when i drive the car I hear a ticking sounds from the passanger side of the car. By the wheel. Well it sounds like its coming from the wheel.

The sound is a even noise and the pitch is the same to while driving.

It only start when im driving the car. The higher the speed and higher revs doesnt change the sound or speed of the noise. On full lock it sounds like its griding and makes a weid noise but my mate said it makes that noise cos on full lock the pressure is released and thats the noise.

I was thinking it might be the cv join? My mate took it for a drive and wiggled the tyres said it wasnt the cv join its more like theres dust or rust on the brake or discs.

It sound worse when your driving it then a bit of rust, so i was just wondering what you celica lads might think it is?
lake1069
cv axel, is bad change it. its not very hard to do. the only thing that might cause trouble is gettin the axel out of the tranny. i just did both of mine, the right one came out just fine. the left was a pain, i spent twice as much time workin on it then the other one.
Nigel
If I left it what would be the worsed case senario, also how much is a new cv join? Mate get one and it was $1,000 for a mersades.
lake1069
the worst case scenerio i think would be if it breaks, it would take time and a lot of stress for it to break though. here is the u.s. a reman. cv cost me $60, new at the dealer they are 300. but im sure a reman is just as good as a new.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.