Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back from meets again
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
6gc_driven
ok..so as usual i went to the car meets again tonight, n i just got back. But this saturday was different from other saturdays..cause i raced this time. While i was chillin with some friends, some civic park next to us and just start talkin to us. He asked who owned the celica and i told him it was me..and the trash talking began. He started runnin his mouth bout how our celi's our slow (although that is true, i still take some offense to that since i dont even kno the kid), how he had beat one already..bla bla bla. Im not really the racin type of guy, but i just had to go for it (of course i kinda guessed what he had on the civic). So one of my boyz finally told the kid to shut up n just raced me. so we did race..my weak little 7afe against his later to be known D16. Turns out, to my surprise, i actually took him..: )..lmao..and beatin someone in my 7a doesnt happen often. The kid did shut up about celi's afterwards cause we just kept on bringin up the fact that he just got beat by one. Dam, im actually starting to get some respect for our celi's up at the Orlando meets. So for those of yall into Hondas, "how u like dem apples"..lmao jk.

!6gc_driven representing the celica with pride at Orlando meets!
95celgt
nice, I took my STX last sunday to the track and did pretty well, 1 pass was a 16.9:O
j0e_p3t
good job. we don't need a powerful engine. its all about the driver. and maybe the stuff under the hood counts a lil.
BBoYRuGGeD
good job bud! show em what the 7a's are made of! biggrin.gif

bboy
dustin15brown
QUOTE(j0e_p3t @ Jan 29, 2006 - 7:51 AM) [snapback]385952[/snapback]

good job. we don't need a powerful engine. its all about the driver. and maybe the stuff under the hood counts a lil.

Not true... the stuff under the hood counts a lot....
6gc_driven
^^^..dustin is right..and our 7a's are made up of much..but that civic still got his a$$ handed to him..: )

16.9 on a 7a...did u do that with any mods, or just the stx runnin stock?
j0e_p3t
QUOTE(dustin15brown @ Jan 29, 2006 - 2:07 PM) [snapback]386141[/snapback]

QUOTE(j0e_p3t @ Jan 29, 2006 - 7:51 AM) [snapback]385952[/snapback]

Not true... the stuff under the hood counts a lot....

sarcasm. i know all about that weak lil engine under my hood. doesn't even begin to compare to driving my dad's boxster.
tim86
wish i was in o-town to see that... were you out around colonial or something?
6gc_driven
actually i was by Orange n 50..then i went to OBT. I had seen silver Celi like almost exactly like yours tim..it was silver n all and it had some rims that kinda look like yours too. But the car wasnt dropped tho..it was a GT..n it was lookin nice too.
Drew-887
Our St engines still suprise me. When I first got my Celi I raced it at the street races just to see what it was made of. I beat a non turbo 240sx and a mx3. So our weak 7afe's have a alittle bit of a kick. And this is what got me into modding my Celica.
Driveby
QUOTE(j0e_p3t @ Jan 31, 2006 - 5:08 AM) [snapback]386816[/snapback]

sarcasm. i know all about that weak lil engine under my hood. doesn't even begin to compare to driving my dad's boxster.

Mine does biggrin.gif chew em up an spit em out laugh.gif
j0e_p3t
QUOTE(Driveby @ Jan 31, 2006 - 11:34 AM) [snapback]387024[/snapback]

QUOTE(j0e_p3t @ Jan 31, 2006 - 5:08 AM) [snapback]386816[/snapback]

Mine does biggrin.gif chew em up an spit em out laugh.gif

haha, i'm pretty sure it would. but i wouldn't really know. so how about letting me borrow your car and taking it for a lil test drive? lol
Driveby
Sure, you arrange the shipping and Ill bring her over the pond for you to have a drive smile.gif
j0e_p3t
sure.... and when i said "borrow" i meant "taking and never giving back" haha.
tim86
QUOTE(6gc_driven @ Jan 31, 2006 - 5:44 AM) [snapback]386831[/snapback]

actually i was by Orange n 50..then i went to OBT. I had seen silver Celi like almost exactly like yours tim..it was silver n all and it had some rims that kinda look like yours too. But the car wasnt dropped tho..it was a GT..n it was lookin nice too.

man thats so weird... my friends have told me theyve seen a silver celi that looks just like mine too... wish i would see it, but im up in jax right now for school, and the celi is sadly back in orlando for a bit frown.gif
JoKeRkId613
QUOTE(tim86 @ Jan 31, 2006 - 9:44 PM) [snapback]387383[/snapback]
man thats so weird... my friends have told me theyve seen a silver celi that looks just like mine too... wish i would see it, but im up in jax right now for school, and the celi is sadly back in orlando for a bit frown.gif
hmmm... it was probably mine. i was in o-town last weekend. THANKS FOR THE INVITE. lol. my cars a coupe tho, and its an st. i have 18 inch rims and theyre 5spoke, silver celi. who knows. maybe it was me? lol.
tim86
QUOTE(JoKeRkId613 @ Feb 1, 2006 - 4:57 AM) [snapback]387388[/snapback]

QUOTE(tim86 @ Jan 31, 2006 - 9:44 PM) [snapback]387383[/snapback]
hmmm... it was probably mine. i was in o-town last weekend. THANKS FOR THE INVITE. lol. my cars a coupe tho, and its an st. i have 18 inch rims and theyre 5spoke, silver celi. who knows. maybe it was me? lol.

haha nah, its somebody that lives in the orlando area... i wish i could see more celicas though, orlando had some nice ones... 6gc_driven's celica looks amazing in person
celicaST
hell i have a 97/st/auto (remember 96+ 7a's have 5 fewer hp than 94-95) up at about a mile in elevation, and it doesnt feel THAT slow. granted i have rear seats and spare removed (which you can notice with only 105 hp). from a stop up to about 30 or 40, it really doesnt feel too bad, but accelerating from 40 or so on up kindasad.gif of course its nothing like riding in my brothers friends 01 mustang cobra with about 460 rwhp, but its at least bearable... for now smile.gif
pure_dx
agreed, i also have the 7a, and its quick from 0 mph up, and from 1st gear to 2nd gear, but 3rd gear and from 50 mph up doesn't pull as hard, i guess because the lack of hp, i have beaten a couple cars in my bone stock 7a, list includes: two integras, old celica with the flip lights, a neon, a civic, and probably more but i dont remember, the 7a is quick stock granted its a 5 spd, but not fast
BLINKYxMUNKEY
My problem is I only race my friends. The problem is one has a 99 Dakota RT, 89 Lincoln Mark7 with 5spd swap, and a Honda CBR600. Its just fun and games tho.
6gc_driven
hey fellas..i just spotted another silver 6gc yesterday on highway 192. It had stock rims, but it had all four projectors (high and low beams)..im jealous!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.