Full Version: TYPE R vs Celica GT4
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
ToYCeLi8
check this out........

http://iquebec.ifrance.com/mpgt/Acura-Inte...R/hahahaha.html
94TRDCeli
hehe that is sweet
ScoobyDooCruiser
I know i'm gunna sound like an idiot, but what is a type R?
94TRDCeli
Type R Integra...research it they are nice
Kinda like the Gt4 of integras
Mage
except FWD thumbsdown.gif
94TRDCeli
yea but still pretty quick
Chrobis
also naturaly aspirated... oh and sold in the US! D@MNIT!!!
Inferno
I think a GT-Four would take a Type R, no questions asked.
FallenHero
The type-r would probably do rather well through the curves though...
Matthew
QUOTE (Chrobis @ May 23, 2003 - 4:39 PM)

sold in the u.s.?

anywho...does anyone know where to get those models from?
Chrobis
QUOTE (GT2GT4 @ May 23, 2003 - 10:17 PM)
QUOTE (Chrobis @ May 23, 2003 - 4:39 PM)

sold in the u.s.?

anywho...does anyone know where to get those models from?

yes type R integra's were sold in the us for one or 2 years, i think 1999-2000 or 2000-2001. As always I believe the JDM had higher horsepower. I know the USDM was rated at like 190 or something. They were not cheap, I think the price was 25k+ but heh thats what a 7th gen gt-s would run you also...
Chrobis
I just looked it up and the Type R had:

195@8000 hp and 130@7500 torque (high revver)

and the GS-R (which was cheaper, by a good amount and less rare, and made all 7-8 years of the model run instead of 2)

170@5900 and 166@1950 torque (hmm, thats a little low on the rpm's but thats what the site said...)
Matthew
i never knew that they were sold in the u.s. i know that the rice boys try to say that they have the type R model but 99.999999% of them dont. ehh. who cares. gt4's are faster
97sccelica
QUOTE (Chrobis @ May 24, 2003 - 9:00 AM)
I just looked it up and the Type R had:

195@8000 hp and 130@7500 torque (high revver)

and the GS-R (which was cheaper, by a good amount and less rare, and made all 7-8 years of the model run instead of 2)

170@5900 and 166@1950 torque (hmm, thats a little low on the rpm's but thats what the site said...)

bull

no i4 honda engine with vtec has max torque that low. i have been in a gsr and you cant even feel it moving untill you are at about 45mph in second gear at 6k rpm.

the only reason that car is "fast"(actually less slow than celicas) is the high compression and the sudden increase in hp around 5k rpm. the car is made for wide open tracks with long sweeping curves. the car is by no means a 1/4 mile car

that is the gsr, the type r has an even higher CR and lower torque with all the power higher up. the only reason the car is better is because it has different suspension and lighter body. in the US they were sold in 97-98 and 2000-2001 i think. at first they didnt have AC and none have sunroofs. all have stock racing seats. the car is more rare and that is the bonus. aside from that the car is maxed out. bolt ons wont help much and lots of internal reworking will be needed to make more power.
Chrobis
do the type r's have the b16 or whatever engine (same as gs-r and civic si coupe, del sol v-tec)

And yes I knew the torque on the gs-r was wrong but that was from msn carpoint's site.

and yes most of the time type-r's are fake but the real ones have something (i really dont know what) that makes them stand out. Also alot of the real ones are yellow (color: type r yellow) Also there is a type R civic but it was only released in Japan, and its a hatchback like the curent usdm civic si. So there are no civic type r's here but there are integra's and they are very rare. There should be a few on ebay
Chrobis
I found better specs on the GSR:

170@7600 hp and 128@6200 torque
94TRDCeli
Type R Tegs are still pretty fast
Inferno
Well, I'm not sure about this, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Civic Type R is sold here in the US (technically). It's sold as the Si. However, it doesn't come with the things that make it a true Type R, EI: RHD, Red Seats, various red colored items under the hood, and badging. I'm sure there are others that set it apart from the wannabes and make it a true Type R, however, I am talking engine wise.
94TRDCeli
also the jdm type r teg pumps out 210 hp and 134 lbs tq .....not bad IMO
maikl
here in cyprus we had a race like that a type-r integra vs a gt-4, the both of them with heavy mods the gt-4 was better on the start (4wd) but the type-r was the winner of that race!!!!! the type-r was n/a!
FallenHero
OOOK. The coolthing about the Type R integ is that it redlines out at 8000rpm's!(GSR got to 8100). I believe the Type r integra had the legend 'B18Ci' engine while the civic was armed with the less potent B16. These cars were made to handle the rather curvacious roads of japan, not the straight line.
94TRDCeli
actually the jdm type r teg redlines at 8900 rpms
FallenHero
I believe you. I've never looked into JDM honda\acura's.
94TRDCeli
ok i wasnt sure if you were talking usdm or jdm...no biggie
ToYCeLi8
QUOTE (FallenHero @ May 25, 2003 - 9:38 AM)
OOOK. The coolthing about the Type R integ is that it redlines out at 8000rpm's!(GSR got to 8100). I believe the Type r integra had the legend 'B18Ci' engine while the civic was armed with the less potent B16.

The type R actually has the B18c5 engine. I could be wrong. confused.gif
Matthew
QUOTE (maikl @ May 25, 2003 - 5:09 AM)
here in cyprus we had a race like that a type-r integra vs a gt-4, the both of them with heavy mods the gt-4 was better on the start (4wd) but the type-r was the winner of that race!!!!! the type-r was n/a!

did the person with the gt4 know how to mod it?

cuz that doesnt seem right

the gt4 has 255 while the teg has 210 (if its type R). with the same mods the gt4 should've still won the race.
maikl
yes the both cars had hevy mods!!!! i was there if anyone alse told me i would not belived him, the guy who moded the type-r has a civic sir with 600+ hp his name is <jp motis> i thing his got a web page or something he came 3 place in greece drag by using nos
FallenHero
QUOTE (94TRDCeli @ May 25, 2003 - 10:20 AM)
actually the jdm type r teg redlines at 8900 rpms

You know, that's really impressive. I wonder if the usdm has a rev limiter,or different internals...
94TRDCeli
i wish the my car redlined the same as an S200...the rev limiter doesent kick in on that beast till 10,200 RPM's
Matthew
ok revs dont really have that much to do with max power persay.

there are boost controllers and these like that that you can make max boost at like 6 grand or something like that.

i guess for an N/A car its real good.
94TRDCeli
but its just sweet to have a car that will rev that high..when i drive my dads S2000 i love watching that **** go up to 8 and 9000 RPMs cause its so much better than the 6 thousand my car will do..plus i love how loud that car is when the revs are that high
97sccelica
gsr had the b18c1
type r had the b18c5

the major differences between a type r and a gsr is the engine, lack of a sunroof, interior is race oriented, lack of AC in the late 90's models, and all different body pannels, they were made thinner in order to shave the weight, which another bonus to the type r

yeah, the jdm version does have 210 hp but where is the fun in having all the power in the top end with almost 1/2 as much torque as hp? and a high redline in most cases means the power is higher up in the revs.

and yeah, there are electronic boost controllers that adjust the amount of boost depending on the gear and rpm.

as for a heavily modded gt4 vs a heavily modded NA type r, that would probably be close. but with a factory turboed car, high hp numbers come more easily than with an NA 1.8 liter engine. the ITR probably had all the mods you can do to a car without going FI(turbo, SC, and Nitrous are all considered FI)
aprice0
An easy way for you guy to tell real type r's from fake ones is that a real type R has a b18c5r engine if you can see the block and that they all have 5 lug rims while all the other integras only had 4.

And for comparing the horsepower numbers of the ITR and the GT-4 I dont know who would win the race because while the GT-4 puts out approixmately 40 more to the fly then a USDM ITR the ITR weighs around 2100 while i believe the GT-4 weighs around 2800-2900 lbs.
batibot
honda's and acura's got wayyyyy more option parts compared to celica's .....just an example of how much performance a honda can achieve, there is a vid that 94trdceli posted..REALLY fast and really reliable
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.