Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Need(ed) Help! Problems Fixed!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Coomer
So today I came home to Yakima, only to find that someone tried to break into my garage once again. They didn't succeed but managed to destroy two locks trying to get in.

I simply can't leave my car in Yakima...It's only a matter of time before it gets broken into/destroyed again.

So I'm going to cut my losses and sell everything, including the car itself. I simply can't have nice things...it's just not possible. Don't try to talk me out of it...I don't want to hear it...I'm sick of everything. Don't tell me to get out of Yakima...I already live out of Yakima but I don't have a garage or anything, and the car deserves to be cared for in a garage and not be left outside.

My problem is that I can't get the car to start. I tried starting it a few days ago and it'd crank and come close to firing and starting up, but then my main fuse would blow. I tried again today after changing my spark plugs and I got the same thing. Five minutes later, my door open lights wouldn't even turn on when I opened the door and nothing at all on the car works at all. I hooked the battery up to my other car with jumper cables and still nothing at all worked. There's not a blown fuse on the car, the main power wire is intact along with the connections at both ends, and I haven't messed with grounds or anything, so I don't know what's going on.

All I know is that I need people's help ASAP, because I need to get my car the hell out of Yakima. So if anyone in the Northwest wants to come down and maybe help for a weekend(maybe weekend after this one) let me know. Or if anyone has any ideas as to what could be happening, please let me know.

Thanks,
Christian Coomer
dustin15brown
fuuuuck man you cannot get a break.... Honestly I'm not going to talk you outta it, but since you are good friends with natalie.... see if u could store it there
celiracer
Hey man. Just buy camera's so you can catch the guy. Thats what i do at my g/f's my car sits in the street and her rents have a camera that watches my car and her eclipse. And when people tries egging her car the one year they got busted cause the camera caught everything.
dustin15brown
QUOTE(celiracer @ Feb 2, 2006 - 1:11 AM) [snapback]387756[/snapback]

Hey man. Just buy camera's so you can catch the guy. Thats what i do at my g/f's my car sits in the street and her rents have a camera that watches my car and her eclipse. And when people tries egging her car the one year they got busted cause the camera caught everything.

just because you see them doesn't mean you catch them
97lestyousay
I'd help out anyway I can. I have my kids weekend after this one.
If you don't mind me having them tag along, I think we could get it going.
They are great kids and wouldn't be a bother. Or another weekend let me know.
celiracer
Um a camera would see the person and would most likley identify if he didn't know he had cameras, and have one going towards the street so you can see cars drive by incase he drives by at night and stuff get a plate number that way. But i'm just giving advice. Its gotta be the same guy. Because he knows where to go and exactly where to try and get in at.
97lestyousay
I may be able to borrow a trailer also if that is a better option.
I would check all the grounds. It sounds like a bad connection somewhere.
I have a good battery and we could bypass urs directly with jumper cables.
WannabeGT4
If there is absolutely no power to anything and ALL the fuses are good I'd say it's the main fuseable link. Check continuity between the power cable at the battery and where it enters the fuse box. If there is no continuity it's the fuseable link. Then again you're swapped so who knows if you even have one. Good luck.
97lestyousay
Bump! mad.gif
Sorry but it seems pretty serious to me when the site admin,
is talking about selling his car. Please don't post over this topic
unless it is as serious.
Randy
creis
I'm up for driving out there to help get it started sounds like you checked the things I could think of, but who knows. sad that you've got it so bad. I could also bring some tools and what not if you got stuff left to put back together or install.

if nothing at all works its obviously a power problem, check the positive cable from the better down, maybe its pinched off, if jumping it does not help, usualy jumper cabels would start the car even if the batt was totaly dead because the connection to power would be there.
97lestyousay
Bump again.
97lestyousay
Bump for rims boy.

Edit yeah sorry man. But Coom is why we are all here.
97lestyousay
Damn I wish my celi's stereo bumped this much laugh.gif
lagos
umm, coomer... why dont you report all this to the police?

we had some similar breakins around here about a year ago. once people started reporting this to the cops, they really started to crack down on it. i once came home to find about 10 cop cars blocking off my street and running around because somone called and said they saw somone in their backyard. needless to say that after that they breakins totally stoped.

97lestyousay
I think that most of the Cops in the state of WA are stationed in the
Tri-Cities, They deployed two cruisers to my apt. complex for a
car parked by a fire hydrant at 3:30 AM. Maybe they should relocate
some of them. One of them left the engine running, which is totally illegal
in Kennewick.
97lestyousay
Bumppty Bump kindasad.gif
Bigmeanbulldog55
Dude, sell everything and use the money to get out. You're crazy for staying there. If you sell the yellow Celica, you know you'll just buy another once you get settled. Go for it.
UTSlickVic
I pretty sure this may not help, but I need to add my 2 cents.

If I understand correctly, the car is kinda turning over. If it was an electrical problem the car would just "click" when you turned the key, right? So I think you check the right thing first, the spark plugs. I had my car detailed and a tiny bit of the cleaner(greasy stuff) they used in the engine bay somehow seeped onto my plugs... my car felt like it was going to die. Anyways you check that so, not it.

Maybe a problem with the fuel? I'm not sure how long its been sitting for, but fuel that just sits in storage losses it kick... I know this prob only applies to old ass cars sitting in storage for years... but you never know. I hope those PUNKS did not put anything in your fuel tank. mad.gif

Anyway may crappy 2 cents. Anyone else have ideas? It seems like if Coom's first prority is to get his car started, let our powers combine. smile.gif
purplegt4
sorry to hear that coomer, gL with everything.

QUOTE(Coomer @ Feb 1, 2006 - 8:04 PM) [snapback]387753[/snapback]

my door open lights wouldn't even turn on

trunk light, clock & dome lights dont work either?

check the 10a fuse "dome" under the hood. i just fixed that problem last week.
soltrain
maybe your battery is just dead, and either your jump cables aren't big/good enough to jump start it, or the battery on your jump car isn't strong enough to start it. Happened to me.
celicast3sgte
hey coomer im down to help out my cell is 425-308-7627 and u got my aim. have you tried using a bigger main fuse? (im guessing you mean the fuse for the battery relocation) also run around with a multi meter and check for wires grounding out. good luck man, hit me up....
Defgeph
I wish I could do something for you. I'm sorry man.
Scott
bump . . . gl with the celica.
Verde97
QUOTE(97lestyousay @ Feb 1, 2006 - 9:28 PM) [snapback]387839[/snapback]

I think that most of the Cops in the state of WA are stationed in the
Tri-Cities, They deployed two cruisers to my apt. complex for a
car parked by a fire hydrant at 3:30 AM. Maybe they should relocate
some of them. One of them left the engine running, which is totally illegal
in Kennewick.

Here is my law enforcement advice:

It is rediculous that two officers were dispatched to a car illegally parked. That's overkill. The problem with relocation, as you said, is that it comes down to if they are city cops, county, or state. City cops cannot be relocated, neither can county. State can. Also, you can leave a police cruiser running because there is a kill switch that cannot be bypassed. It's to make sure that the big ass battery they have doesn't go dead when all the lights are running.

Coomer, what you CAN do is videotape your garage opening, and take it down to the nearest precinct. They will put a notice out for the vandals if they have their faces, and more than likely those thugs are doing it to other garages in the area. The only bad thing about it is that you have to use a lot of videotape to catch them, if they ever do come back. It would take a lot of money and time.

File a police report if you haven't already for this occasion, I'm sure that you've done it in the past. That's the best thing to do for right now.

If I lived closer, I'd come and help. But do what your heart tells you to, and good luck.

Mike
CelicaZR
Hey Coomer
I'm sorry to hear that this sh!t happening again.
I seriously hope you catch these a$$hole red handed.
I know you dont want to hear it, but dont give up on
what you have done so far. You cant sacrifice the thing
you love, just because these a$$hole are ruining it for you.
I do hope you find a place to store your celica safely and all
your tools. I'm sorry I cant be of much help.
RocketScott
I'll be gone next weekend but I can be there tomorrow for the whole day. We can tow it out of there if need be but I think we can get it running in no time. I can probably find a place to store it over here, maybe not indoors but at least safe. I pretty much have next week off too since I'm between projects. my cell is 253-606-4261.
Coomer
Thanks for the support and offers for help guys. In just a bit I'm getting out of town for the weekend, but next weekend I may need some help if you guys are still interested. I'll know next week for sure. Thanks. smile.gif
easternpiro1
coom... youre the pioneer, the man with the vision... and i would not know that there was such a huge fan base for our cars if this site werent here. the site is great and it would be a shame if you got rid of your car and gave up. perseverance conquers all... maybe get a mean dog? keep your head up and if I can help in any way giv me a shout (even though im waaay in charlotte nc) biggrin.gif i'd offer some of my...underhanded services in catching the perps but theyre so far away...its not my turf.

remember if you give up, the criminals will think they won...and that is not acceptable.
dustinkemp
bump for coomer

man you ARE the orginal 6gc'er,you created this empire!
you can not leave us

but whatever you do i know everyone will follow 110%

Dustin
RocketScott
If you think you have a better chance of selling it on this side of the mountains I can store it and show it for you. Whatever you need, you got it.
97lestyousay
Don't sell the Yelli Celi, you will regret it. I have had some cool rides
in my time but none like this car. I had a 54 f100 with a 455 olds,
I let go back to the bank when I was ur age. If I had to choose I
would take my Celica anyday. PM me I'll come up next weekend.
Randy
95celgt
hey coom, if you end up selling the stuff, let me know about the 4a.
95CelicaST
If you need some help next weekend give me a ring-a-ding-ding

253-266-3316
Coomer
Thanks for all the help and support guys. I actually managed to get it running the other day, after installing new plugs and replacing a fuse(which didn't look blown but apparently is.) Today I put it all back together, changed the oil, drove it all night, and it's now sitting outside in my apartment parking lot.

I had a blast driving it up here and I really love my car...I think I'll just live with the scratches and stuff and just keep it and never work on it or anything so I don't have to take it back to Yakima ever. So be on the lookout for me selling all my cool stuff that I'll never have a chance to install in the near future.
celicast3sgte
sweet it runs! i had an issue with fuses looking ok but once replaced fixed all the issues... I think it was on an amp though. anyways glad to hear its back! not the standalone ems tho right?
CelicaZR
Thats awesome Coomer smile.gif
So does that mean the yellow mobile is staying?
97lestyousay
Good to hear. Hope things go better there than y-town.
Negative
QUOTE(Coomer @ Feb 9, 2006 - 8:28 AM) [snapback]391179[/snapback]

replacing a fuse(which didn't look blown but apparently is.)

Dude - that's weird. I spent 4 hours in the cold the other night trying to figure this same problem out with my Mom's Rustang. I finally decided to just replace the fuse before I got really into the deep stuff in the car and it started right up. Then I picked up the fuse that I had disgustedly thrown on the ground and it looked perfect - no breaks, no cracks in the plastic casing and no gunk on the blades. WTF?
These fuse companies are slipping. I swear I work on that Rustang more than I do on my Celica and instead of fixing it up I'm always just fixing something wrong with it. It's just a '99 with 100K miles on it.
I hate that car
Glad to hear you got it running and you are not getting rid of it.
Good luck.
95CelicaST
Hey Coom, what do you have that you aren't going to be installing ? wink.gif
Coomer
QUOTE(95CelicaST @ Feb 9, 2006 - 8:43 AM) [snapback]391253[/snapback]

Hey Coom, what do you have that you aren't going to be installing ? wink.gif

Two pairs of sideskirts(JDM dealer option replica and 404), front '94-'95 extensions, rear Curren OEM extensions, TRD wing for a coupe, JDM power folding mirrors, brake upgrade parts, etc. I'll make a post in buying/selling soon, though if you're interested get a hold of me, especially since you're local and could pick stuff up.
CelicaZR
Hey Coomer I'm interested in the JDM power folding mirrors.
Do you have the relay for it? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.