Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cell phone help
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
celicaST
ok, i was wondering is there a way to get the pictures and movies i take on my phone directly to my computer. i have it set up with bluetooth but i cant get it to work confused.gif there has to be another way for me to get them on my computer besides sending them to my email address, i hope. the manual is horrible, so any help would be apprectiated.
bloodrain
1) you will need a program such as future dial suite
2) (im assuming you have verizon) they try everything to prevent you from doing a direct cable
3) they want you to send the pics VIA email to your PC so they make money off you.
celicaST
QUOTE(bloodrain @ Feb 2, 2006 - 7:18 PM) [snapback]388282[/snapback]

1) you will need a program such as future dial suite
2) (im assuming you have verizon) they try everything to prevent you from doing a direct cable
3) they want you to send the pics VIA email to your PC so they make money off you.

yep, have verizon. i guess the bluetooth on the phone doesnt have the proper profile for file exchange. never heard of that future dial suite? what is that? im just trying to figure out a way to use my phone as a camera without paying for it. i think thats messed up when you pay all that money for the phone, and you cant even get the pictures on your computer for free. it has a slot for a miniSD card. could i buy a card, and use a USB cable to get it on my computer?
creis
yeah my money is on no, verizon does do absolutly everything n there power to prevent you from saving moeny or getting things free. I had a verizon LG phone, cant say it ifs the same but it tooks pics and videos, only way to get em was though e-mail, or if your really good crack the phone and use the usp "internet via-phone" cable to get the pics but i highly doubt it would work.

another reason my I love my virgin mobile phone, saves everthing to a micro SD card and has a cable to connect directly to my pc to get all my pics/videos or to put on pic/s videos or mp3's for phone viewing.
celicaST
QUOTE(creis @ Feb 2, 2006 - 7:26 PM) [snapback]388293[/snapback]

another reason my I love my virgin mobile phone, saves everthing to a micro SD card and has a cable to connect directly to my pc to get all my pics/videos or to put on pic/s videos or mp3's for phone viewing.

ya thats what i would like to do. a small 128MB miniSD and a USB drive for it costs about $60. do you think that would work, or would it not allow me to for some reason? would be cool also to put vids/mp3's onto my phone.
creis
well not with any LG phone i know of, I have a kyocera "Sonic Slider", that has a microSD card, I got a 512mb card (most memory avalible in microSD, card smaller then my fingernail) for it which is great because entire movies resized for my phones resolution are only 45mb so i have 2 full movies on it some music videos and a good list of mp3s all free for transfer (plus extra space for pics)
celicaST
well heres my phone lg vx8100.

one of the reviews said this

"The Bad
- Verizon's Bluetooth would be better advertised as Gaptooth for the VX8100. Its missing the functions that let you transfer files and do synchronization. So its either buy a cable or get Verizon's service (which is obviously thier motive for not enabling these features).
- Voice memos are missing or I can't figure out how to get at it.

Absence of the Bluetooth features is my main complaint. I am pretty happy with the phone, but am very annoyed with Veriozon."

this is exactly how i feel

ok i think i just found the answer to my question

"* Expandability - The miniSD card (I bought a 512MB one) allows great advanced functions. You can load MP3s onto it from your computer by using any capable card reader (my card reader supports only SD cards, so I just insert the miniSD card into the full-size SD-card adapter that came with the miniSD purchase). Using this card-reader method, you also can take pictures and up to 15-second videos with the phone and download them off the card and onto your computer's hard drive. The videos have a ".3g2" file extension. I found them to be viewable using QuickTime but not with Windows MediaPlayer 10. I don't know yet how to convert a .3g2 video to another format that others can easily open. I assume that's possible with some sort of video-editing program."

going to go buy a card, watch out for some vids of my stock auto st burning it up tongue.gif
creis
MiniSD external memory port to store pictures, videos, sounds and music

looks like your set, thats got a pretty good camera on it with an 8x zoom better then my camera by far.

eh bluetooth phons i think are more ment for wireless headsents then anything else, mine does not have bluetooth but makes no diff to me with the data cable.

voice memos, most all phones have that feature, and its not something they could charge extra for, must be in the manual somewere.
celicaST
just got back from best buy, got a 256mb card. got the vids and pics on my computer now smile.gif. but now im having trouble hosting the vids mad.gif .
creis
lol yeah always kinda hard to host videos, but there are a few sites for em, I dont know any off hand though.
celicast3sgte
google search the program bitpim, it works for mac and windows machines, linux... maybe (dont have it dont use it)

youll have to learn how to use the filesystem option then download/upload pics and movies seperatly, same with MP3s if you have the SD card
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.