Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: reset CPU. now what?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
b1gr3d
ok i followed the tutorial on how to reset the cpu for it to recalculate the air/fuel ratio. now what? should i drive it easy? all i have put on is a catback with a 2.5in pipe and muffler.....its a US GT by the way
Negative
Just drive the way you drive. You really didn't need to do it just for a cat-back though. I don't know if it's just the OBD-II cars or not but the ECU on my car will automatically update without resetting.
lagos
the "reset the ecu for mods" stuff you hear is a myth. the ecu is always learing and changing while its running.

just drive the car normally, dont need to do anything special
Bigmeanbulldog55
Getting the ECU reflashed to work with mods works better. They actually change the programing of the ECU. I'm not sure on OBD1s, if you can do it yourself by simply unhooking the battery. I don't think it will have the same effect. Bottem line, it couldn't hurt, so do whatever you feel.
b1gr3d
actually i did both disconnect my battey for about 90min, then i got out of class and warmed it up and reset the ECU. i have noticed that before doing it i would be at about 3000rpm going 65 and after i am running about 3100-3200 at 65 mph...that and when i shift the car doesn't jerk....that or i just got as lil better at shifting
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(b1gr3d @ Feb 9, 2006 - 2:08 PM) [snapback]391319[/snapback]

actually i did both disconnect my battey for about 90min, then i got out of class and warmed it up and reset the ECU. i have noticed that before doing it i would be at about 3000rpm going 65 and after i am running about 3100-3200 at 65 mph...that and when i shift the car doesn't jerk....that or i just got as lil better at shifting

Rpm change is in your head. This would have no affect on it. The car could handle shifting better though. The reset could have caused it to cut out less.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.