Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Non moving violation ticket questions
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
coustoe
K for those of you who dont know I live in one of the assinine places in the world. Washington D.C. Well just south of it, in Arlington.

I have never gotten a moving violation, speeding ticket, reckless driving etc. the only tickets i get are non moving violations, Things like:

Parking facing the opposite direction on the street.
not displaying tags on both license plates.
not displaying county and safety tags in the proper place in my window.
not displaying both license plates.

I mean this is like at my home on the side of the street, So If I leave my car out and I dont put the license plate back on if I was working on the bumper. I'll get a ticket like in 2 hours.

I could understand being parked at a store or government place, but wtf Im working on my damn car!!!!

these just seem like little things, I do everything on my car right, safety, emissions, tags registration, and I dont speed or drive reckless then they fine me like $300 so far stupid little stuff. Its driving me crazy.

Is it just me or does anyone else have these problems?
boosted_K2
just you dude, that sucks!!
Cragspider
Just you dude.
Bryan
95STCelica
Can't say that I have.

Brian.
94TRDCeli
i think you need to move somewhere else....but look on the bright side at least those dont raise your insurance
forkee
do u guys get stickers for BOTH license plates?? i just get one for the back confused.gif
Milds3vn
fight the violations man, im sure if you explain them to the magistrate he will understand.
robman5
yeah man i feel your pain, since the celias in the shop gettin a new clutch ive had to drive my dads huge ford truck to school, so instead of doing some complex turing **** where i smash into somethin with a brand new truck i just cut across the other side of traffic and parked....within acouple hours i had a 15 dollar ticket for "wrong direction" sheesh what the hell it makes no sense....but im fighting it!i sugest u do also
Supersprynt
I've gotten tickets for tint, exhaust, blue lights, yellow underglow, no front plate.
black-st
The previous owner of my car got alot of those, but I never have. I chalk it up to the fact that he's 18 and I'm 29. wink.gif

I'd say fight it as much as you can.
coustoe
super, that sucks, did you just keep everything on your car or did you take it off, oh did you pay the tickets?

Another thing, dont cops have anything better to do. I mean isnt getting someone whos driving aggressively or speeding or what not more dangerous then someone parked facing the opposite direction, or has blue lights. And oh forbid the police from actually doing their job and stopping people from getting killed, raped, mugged.
Supersprynt
Yeah had to pay, or they take away your license. I kept everything on my car. And where i live, no they dont have anything better to do. They see my car and immediately im a trouble maker, i break the law, blah blah blah. Custom Car Profiling is what its called.
94TRDCeli
damn that really sucks supersprynt
Dickster223
i Got my first ticket today. Iwas was doing 51 in a 35. Mom wasn't mad at all she is making fun of me though. She calls me road runner and speedy.
Chrobis
I get parking tickets all the time... prolly about $500 or more in parking tickets. Where I live parking sucks and I have parked in a white zone before and got a ticket for that, or like 2 minutes after a meter expires parking enforcement is right there! I hate this place, and Yes why do they put so much concern on PARKING and stupid cr@p! What a waste of tax money to pay these asses to just harass tax payers!

edit: A good way to get out of tickets is to always have one on hand and just put it on your car everytime you leave it, makes it seem like you already got a ticket and they will pass you up to harass someone else.
coustoe
chrobis, Heard that it brings in lots of revenue for the local government, they do it for no other reason, though not to keep people safe.

Im into the liberatarian philosophy, If it dont help you enjoy your life better then the government shouldnt do it.

If the local government really needs more revenue then they should raise it through consensus on taxes, I think thats what they call a democracy, rule through consensus. Silly fines are tax without consent, you are forced to pay, because we all know getting a hearing is a charade.

I guess thats what really pisses me off the most, you are forced by the government to pay them money agaisnt your will with no recourse. They can with impunity give you as many tickets as they want. And the worse thing like you said it just harrasses the tax payer, how does giving someone a ticket for having blue lights on their car help better serve or protect the community?

Wanna know something wild, I was thinking bout calling a lawyer and setting up a class action lawsuit agaisnt my city, for Harrassment and denial to due process (parking court, is a sham). Wanna sue them for a few million, Because everyone I work with gets like a parking ticket, even when they have everything rigth on their cars (tags and such).
HyperDeathKill
I got pulled over because the cop thought I stole my own car.
ghostdog
QUOTE (coustoe @ May 26, 2003 - 12:20 PM)
If the local government really needs more revenue then they should raise it through consensus on taxes,  I think thats what they call a democracy, rule through consensus.  Silly fines are tax without consent, you are forced to pay, because we all know getting a hearing is a charade.

Your absolutely right, but unfortunately we don't actually live in a democracy.

My philosophy is to give the cops as little reason to pull me over as possible, no point in fighting with them, they will always win.
coustoe
I got pulled over because the cop thought I stole my own car

Profiling Pisses me off, people just assume so many things when they see a sports car, Then they see someone that isnt an old fart in a full customized clean car that looks stock and they think something is wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.