Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7afe
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
1994cElicAgt
Whats in this engine for HP? What car did it probably come out of? What does "afe" mean in it i know that the 7 means 7th generation correct?? Is this a good engine and how can you tell it is a 7afe??

Please get back to me quickly i need to know this stuff!

Thanks in advance
Josh R. confused.gif
boosted_K2
"7AFE" standard in 6th gen celica STs and a few corollas. "7A" is the block/low end code, A stands for A series block and to my understanding 7 has to do with the displacement and leters, which the engine is a 1880CC 1.8L. the "FE" is for F series head (economy version) and E is for electronic fuel injection.

OH and also it has 105 HP in the new versions, and 115HP in the older versions, and 117 Ft Lbs of torque. supposedly it takes boost fairly well, but you are better off with the GTs 5sfe engine.
FallenHero
OOOK. Open your hood. Look at the sticker on the underside of the hood near the front. It'll say AT200 7Afe. It will also say this on the right side of the engin bay near the cabin.

As far as the 7 goes, I think It's the head series, (correct me if I'm wrong Charlie)
A- is the engine family.
f- means it's an economy engine.(G means race or performance.)
E- I believe means Electronic fuel injection. (charlie?)
boosted_K2
QUOTE (FallenHero @ May 25, 2003 - 11:55 AM)
OOOK. Open your hood. Look at the sticker on the underside of the hood near the front. It'll say AT200 7Afe. It will also say this on the right side of the engin bay near the cabin.

As far as the 7 goes, I think It's the head series, (correct me if I'm wrong Charlie)
A- is the engine family.
f- means it's an economy engine.(G means race or performance.)
E- I believe means Electronic fuel injection. (charlie?)

y do you need charlie to correct you... lol i already put it down, F has nothing to do with the engine as a whole, its the head, F is for the head. 7 is the displacement and letre of the engine. rolleyes.gif
94TRDCeli
owned.gif
FallenHero
I'm just going off of things I've seen said. When I posted that, there was nothing in the thread, OBVIOUSLY we posted around the exact same time. If you had took the time to look at the time on my post, you would have realized that. I always ask charlie engine questions because he seems to know his way around them and get straight to the point. How does 7 have anything to do with the displacement?

Jon
edo17982
QUOTE (K2_Celica @ May 25, 2003 - 9:48 AM)
"7AFE" standard in 6th gen celica STs and a few corollas. "7A" is the block/low end code, A stands for A series block and to my understanding 7 has to do with the displacement and leters, which the engine is a 1880CC 1.8L. the "FE" is for F series head (economy version) and E is for electronic fuel injection.

OH and also it has 105 HP in the new versions, and 115HP in the older versions, and 117 Ft Lbs of torque. supposedly it takes boost fairly well, but you are better off with the GTs 5sfe engine.

you're right except that it is not 1880cc but 1762 wink.gif
ghostdog
QUOTE (edo17982 @ May 25, 2003 - 4:49 PM)

damn, and I thought I had gained an extra .1 L too biggrin.gif
edo17982
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif
94TRDCeli
of course if you were in a honda that .1L would mean a minimum of 50 extra hp right? biggrin.gif
boosted_K2
QUOTE (gh0st_d0g @ May 25, 2003 - 7:12 PM)
QUOTE (edo17982 @ May 25, 2003 - 4:49 PM)

damn, and I thought I had gained an extra .1 L too biggrin.gif

ahhh dammit, whats 1880cc's???

you posted 7 mins after. wink.gif
TRDDawg
Does anyone here knows if you can use corolla 1.8L performance parts on an st celica?
Silver94CelicaOwner
For the most part, yes....some 7a parts in the site database are meant for the corolla, but because of the same engine they work with the 7a in Celicas, too. Man, its so sad to see that the Corolla and Camry get more aftermarket performance parts then our Celicas do.... frown.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.