Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel pump
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
team_omega
I was wondering if the stock fuel pump from the GT will work with the 3sgte motor? because im broke and cant offrd a walbor 255 fuel pump. And whats the pros/cons running stock fuel pump?
presure2
the stock FP will NOT provide enough fuel for the swap.
jgreening
If you are too broke for a $90 fuel pump, you are too too broke for a swap.
team_omega
QUOTE(jgreening @ Feb 12, 2006 - 6:32 AM) [snapback]392559[/snapback]

If you are too broke for a $90 fuel pump, you are too too broke for a swap.

No the swap made me broke so don't get it wrong. Motor in the shop right now.
lagos
you cant do something as big as a swap, and then cheap out on a fuel pump that costs 100bucks.
jgreening
Lets try this another way. The stock fuel pump will not deliver enough fuel to the engine under all conditions, particularly more than stock boost. When any of these conditions occurs, you run the risk of running lean and blowing your engine. Now really, can you afford not to get a fuel pump?
team_omega
QUOTE(jgreening @ Feb 12, 2006 - 4:25 PM) [snapback]392687[/snapback]

Lets try this another way. The stock fuel pump will not deliver enough fuel to the engine under all conditions, particularly more than stock boost. When any of these conditions occurs, you run the risk of running lean and blowing your engine. Now really, can you afford not to get a fuel pump?

well i just bought one off ebay today so guys don't worry no more. I bought a walbro 255 fuel pump. So is it hard to install the fuel pump? I might just bring it to the shop (where my engine is at now) and tell them to install too.
tangcla
it's a cheap part, you may as well do it tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.