Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Featured on Earl Scheib's Coupon!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Chanh55
Hey look....

user posted image
TheStreetzKing
wow a yellow one, usually there red haha
dustin15brown
nice
JFrost9
sadly enough, those are the guys who painted my car. I know the manager of the one down here, and he hooked me up...
tomazws
Chanh is that where you got your paint job?
forkee
where the heck is earl scheib??
easternpiro1
you people in california/west coast make me JEALOUS! you have everything!!!!! mad.gif
JFrost9
earl schieb is all over the place. theres like 5 of em in austin. and the quality isnt half bad...alot of times they'll just be like, "i added a couple clear coats for free" or something like that. good people.
tomazws
They seem to have lots of locations....
http://www.earlscheib.com/stores.php?p=find&s=ca
yyet
LOL got 2 in Hawaii and I was looking to paint my car??? And its coupon day!!! anyone know how their paint jobs are?
ILuvMyCelica95
yay we got 2 in NY! lol, yeah are these like macco paint jobs, cause that would suck.
JFrost9
you can look at my car to see some of the quality... i got the pro-3, but didnt get an extra clear coat due to various time constraints...So imagine mine, but a little glossier.

user posted image
ILuvMyCelica95
i think that looks great. If i did do this id go with the best package, which i guess is the Pro 4?

Im just thinking cause as we all know- Toyota Red fades. frown.gif And i have A LOT of chips and stratches on my car.
Chanh55
QUOTE(tomazws @ Feb 17, 2006 - 2:09 AM) [snapback]395389[/snapback]

Chanh is that where you got your paint job?

Yup that's where I got my paint job. You can see the pics in my profile or in the topic "my phat black celica" in exterior forum. Those pics weren't touched up in any way and I welcome you to see my car in person it looks even nicer than the pics.

The paint job isn't perfect. I would say it's 90% perfect though. You can't really go wrong for 390 bucks and 6 year warranty against fading and peeling. They did it in 1 day, I dropped it off Tuesday night after work and they were done Thursday morning.

From my experience I highly recommend them... at least the one I went to because I hear they vary by place to place. biggrin.gif
ILuvMyCelica95
What package did you get Chanh?
chacha
i am planning to do paint job in late march, when i save enough money...first, i want to get all body parts for exterior first, then have them paint the whole car!
JFrost9
chanh did you get the metallic black, or the regular black??? Cuz with mine, he added a bronze speck to it...and i liked it, but not so much anymore.
ILuvMyCelica95
will the do the original factory color or you have to pic from their colors?
LewFX
a note to make about earl schieb since my gf took her car in there and i gave chanh the feedback about it. if you have any dents, they do a good job fixin those but make sure you get a sealant job done after there job because the dents will reappear after a week. you can talk them down in price too because they want business.
chacha
They paint but will they also install my body kit on for me and paint it along with the whole car? I ask because i heard when they install kit in and start to paint it, they charge extra because they're gonna have to take off the OEM bumper and replace with new body kit as well as having to paint it. I would fit kit on myself, but im afraid they will charge me extra to take off kit...paint it and place back on; it would be easier taking kit without putting on the car and have them paint it then put on car and do the rest...I hope i make sense...sorry for repeatitiveness
JFrost9
They will do factory colors, standard colors, aftermarket colors (with metallic and what not). Im getting him to do my two tone paint job. (dark silver bottom and black top) and he quoted me 375 for that and then 2-3 clear coats and with that hes putting on my 96 bumper, taking out all the dents, and giving me a pretty good waranty.
Chanh55
QUOTE(ILuvMyCelica95 @ Feb 17, 2006 - 10:54 AM) [snapback]395500[/snapback]

What package did you get Chanh?

I got the Pro 3 with UV coat or whatever... Whatever was on that coupon basically. Before I decided to paint my car at their place... I checked out cars that were being painted or drying up at their place and noticed they did pretty good job.

And Chacha, you should have your body kit installed before you go get it painted. This place will paint it with it installed. Most high end places remove everything and paint it separately so they charge a really high premium.

Jfrost9 the paint code they used was 808, I think that's OEM. I told them close to OEM as possible.
chacha
cool...aite..thanks for the tip!
tomazws
Vary place to place? Which location did you get your car serviced Chanh?

One thing really important though, do they strip the paint before doing the primer and the new paint?
LewFX
theres a few locations, check out the site.
crismillencolin
You guys are sooo lucky , theres nothing like that over here frown.gif paint jobs are really expensive.....
hmm...is that a business venture i smell laugh.gif
Chanh55
QUOTE(tomazws @ Feb 17, 2006 - 2:02 PM) [snapback]395588[/snapback]

Vary place to place? Which location did you get your car serviced Chanh?

One thing really important though, do they strip the paint before doing the primer and the new paint?

No they don't strip the paint. All they specialize in really is mask and paint, that's how they keep their prices low (according to the manager) If you need to do any prep work, ie stripping the paint installing body kits whatever... take that to someone else or do it yourself.

I went to the one in Westminster, Manager's name is Fred.
brianforster
this all sounds too good to be true, whats the catch? i mean dont paint jobs usually cost like 3 grand?
jgreening
QUOTE(brianforster @ Feb 22, 2006 - 9:55 PM) [snapback]398154[/snapback]

this all sounds too good to be true, whats the catch?

Its a MAACO competitor. They are all about minimal prep work and taping things rather than taking the car apart and getting the door jams and such. If you are keeping the stock color, I still believe that its a good deal eventhough it wont be perfect.
brianforster
so like if you dont want show quality paint and are keeping the stock color this is a good deal to keep your car nice looking?
forkee
doesnt it say on that coupon they do hand and machine sanding?? isnt that almost as good as stripping the paint?
JFrost9
thats what i thought forkee, but i think they just do it as more of a cleaning then a removal of paint... Also, they can also paint door jams and such, it just costs extra. I thought they did a great job...initially they had made some kinda drip near the sidemarker, it was like white, so i took it back and they redid it for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.