Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Building the 7afe?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
94celicaguy
i have been researching for a while now on aftermarket parts for the 7afe and havent found crap. if anyone knows of any places that have stuff to build or strengthen the 7afe let me know. and i know that 4agze pistons will interchange.
H8DC3lica94
Obx Racing makes Cams Sprockets, UnderDrive Pulleys, and Power Pulleys.

Dont know if it will help much....

Good luck!
I also perform on a 7A-FE.
94TRDCeli
y not just do a swap?
94celicaguy
cause i am doing turbo in 3 days and i only have 13,000 miles on this motor. plus i just bought a rebuilt head and camshaft. I am thinking about strengthening it and throwing it on.
Kwanza
QUOTE (94celicaguy @ May 26, 2003 - 9:13 PM)
i have been researching for a while now on aftermarket parts for the 7afe and havent found crap. if anyone knows of any places that have stuff to build or strengthen the 7afe let me know. and i know that 4agze pistons will interchange.

You say you want aftermarket parts, then you say you're gonna go turbo, and want to strengthen/build the 7afe for the turbo set-up... now... unless someone makes a do-it-yourself motor building kit... rolleyes.gif don't waste your time.

All of the strengthening stuff (forged pistons [can use 4agze pistons as mentioned] forged crank, custom strengthened rods, etc...) HAS to be custom built. It's not cheap. You can't find a place that will advertise that sort of work on a motor that isn't a popular boost engine... so all you can do, is ask shops to see if they can custom fab parts for you.

As far as OBX goes... they "claim" to make a lot of parts, but call em up and 1/2 of their shiat isn't even in production... if those parts were, I'm sure every other ST and corolla dude will have em.
94celicaguy
ok, maybe i was misunderstood when i posted. i am looking for aftermarket parts to build the 7afe a little stronger. i dont want cam gears and pulleys right now.
zipstrips
QUOTE (94celicaguy @ May 26, 2003 - 11:44 PM)
ok, maybe i was misunderstood when i posted. i am looking for aftermarket parts to build the 7afe a little stronger. i dont want cam gears and pulleys right now.

i called every place i could think of for 7afe internals. average was a 90day wait or more and it was expensive. just run lower boost for now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.