Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hey everyone
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
steve-0
hey everyone i'm new to this whole celi thing i just purchased my car today. still can't beleive i did but w/e well i'm from saskatchewan and well it sucks here. well hope to get to know some people here. thanks Steve-0
AudioFreak
Welcome steve-o. Your gonna love your car.
steve-0
you know what's even funnier i've never driven it yet i still ahve to go pick it up from the guy. i got a 26 hour bus ride from my home town to where he's meeting me then i got to drive the car all the way back. which is still gong to be a couple weeks but oh well at least it's mine. rolleyes.gif
Drunken_Style
Welcome to the board.
boosted_K2
welcome to the board! give us some specs! GT/ST? 5-spd/auto? options? color? miles? how much did you spend? glad to have ya aboard!
steve-0
Well okay then tongue.gif it's a 1994 ST celi Auto mad.gif and if you want to see what it looks like i got pictures posted under my name in members gallary. i spent 6700 canadian for the car and still not sure what the duty is going to be. Does anyone know how there going to determine the duty on thecar?
Sh0gunkid8721
QUOTE (steve-0 @ May 27, 2003 - 2:16 AM)
you know what's even funnier i've never driven it yet i still ahve to go pick it up from the guy. i got a 26 hour bus ride from my home town to where he's meeting me then i got to drive the car all the way back. which is still gong to be a couple weeks  but oh well at least it's mine. rolleyes.gif

thats a lot of driving tongue.gif but welcome to the boards
GeEkBoY
Great to see another Canuck on the board, man you live in the middle of no where...

Sweet ride and you got a good deal, mind you a agree with GT2GT4, the spoiler has to go.

94TRDCeli
welcome...the only thing youll be dissapointed with is the speed of the car...if your into speed anyway
steve-0
ya thanks, no i'm not really into it for speed rite now. i'm more into looks and sound. so wait till you see it later i have a new paint job lined up already just not sure what color........if anyone has any ideas let me know.................
boosted_K2
QUOTE (steve-0 @ May 27, 2003 - 11:53 AM)
ya thanks, no i'm not really into it for speed rite now. i'm more into looks and sound. so wait till you see it later i have a new paint job lined up already just not sure what color........if anyone has any ideas let me know.................

whew thats a relief, the grass stain look was kinda odd. tongue.gif
ScoobyDooCruiser
drop the spoiler. I kinda like the paint job, but whatever. Sweet ride man, and welcome!
XE_Nathaniel
Welcome to the board..youll meet many people who will poke fun at you.

-Nate biggrin.gif
forkee
nice lookin celi! biggrin.gif
i wonder if that scheme would work with a black car.....hehe
HyperDeathKill
Hehe looks fast, gotta make it fast. Don't worry, there's some stuff you can do not too expensive.
steve-0
okay kewl ya i want at least some speed. some people say that these cars stock can't even take like a sunfire or cav stock is that true?
Sh0gunkid8721
lol...i was drivin the other day and i think i saw a lil kid on a tricycle passin my car rolleyes.gif i hope that answers ur question tongue.gif
94TRDCeli
QUOTE (steve-0 @ May 27, 2003 - 4:23 PM)
okay kewl ya i want at least some speed. some people say that these cars stock can't even take like a sunfire or cav stock is that true?

umm yea pretty much....i think i could take it on a bike...hell my powerwheels jeep i had when i was little could probably take it
ScoobyDooCruiser
It looks like you could take on something, and to most people thats all thats needed. They've got enough power to get places. A GT has a little power to back the looks, the ST... well... It looks nice. I chose a celi just cause it looks cool, and honestly, how often does a owner of a 350hp supra get to use all the horsies?
Jussimple
Hey, wasn't that car on E-bay. How much did he end up selling it too you. biggrin.gif
HyperDeathKill
Yea I might not take a sunfire or a cav stock, but then again, a base Civic sure as hell can't take our car stock... and that doesn't stop people from buying them for speed.
94TRDCeli
u gotta admit though whether u like civics or not there are some fast ones out there
steve-0
ya i did buy the car off ebay ended up just using buy it now. but now there seems to be something a little fishy about it so i unno i've been keeping in touch with the guy so i guess we'll see......oh does anyone know exactly how they determine duty, since i got to bring that car back across the border.....?
boosted_K2
QUOTE (HyperDeathKill @ May 27, 2003 - 7:42 PM)
Yea I might not take a sunfire or a cav stock, but then again, a base Civic sure as hell can't take our car stock... and that doesn't stop people from buying them for speed.

depends what trim civic your goin against... SIs can rape a stock celica, but the EX or LX is a different story... and how can you loose to a sunfire or a cavy?! i can take a Z-24 no problem... confused.gif
steve-0
ya but what's done to your car?
hi_rider
This is pathetic.......aaarghhhhh, we're talking about eating or not civic and cavalier.......ouach, any car should be able to do this, and we're not.....arghhhh....that's a shame......What happens with this 2.2 16 v engine ???? It has the cc !!! Is it antipollution stuff, exhaust restriction ? A 1998 z24 rolled 15,2 with minor mods, vw 2,0 16 v can roll in the 14s,..and our 2,2 16v does 16-17....hummmmm.....???
boosted_K2
restrictive airflow and fuel mapping is mainly to blame. i still am convinced the 7afe and 5sfe series' were just toss togeathers of scrap toyota had made too much of.

oh, and my car is a ST (97 i might add, has 10 less HP) 5-spd with only the greddy exhaust as far as performance... which is pretty much just 90% sound, 5% looks, and only about 5% actual performance gain.
steve-0
okay thanks man ya when i get the car i'm going to dress up the engine completly but i want some more hp also so thanks............i'lllook into that
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.