Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6th gen. Celica as a family car?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Thundercat
Hallo everybody!

I got thoughts about getting myself a 6th gen. celica. Is it possible to have a babyseat in the front, a girlfriend in the back and a little baby pram in the boot? Will my girlfriend be able to move her legs, earlier celicas tend to not have any room for the legs at all. Sorry for my bad language.

BTW, the name of the baby is Celica smile.gif

Anyone got any pictures of this?
Supersprynt
Did you seriously name your kid Celica?

Here in the states its illegal to put a car-seat in the front but why would you want the baby in the front and girl in the back?

Whats a pram.

Boots the trunk right?
ILuvMyCelica95
wow...umm don't put your kid in the front seat. thats stupid. I have had a car seat in the back, and my older cousin in the front and my other cousin in the back. Worked out fine. It's a pain getting in and out and having to fold the seats back to get a child out of the car seat. I really would not suggest our cars as a "family car"
Thundercat
Yepp was my girlfriends desicson to name her celica smile.gif Is space enough in the back seat to put an turned around baby seat in the backseat? Pram, was what a translation site called a little wagon that u carry the baby in, when u are doing some outside from the car exploring. Yepp, boot = trunk. So how much space is there in the backseat and in the trunk?
Thundercat
user posted image Goes in the backseat.
user posted image Goes in the trunk, folded thou. Not unfolded as the picture is showing
ILuvMyCelica95
if you get a hatchback there is plenty of room in the trunk for a "pram" and there is enough space in the back for the car seat. But again i dont really think its a family car.
Thundercat
Well well, maybe have to get myself an old Volvo 245 to then laugh.gif
Chanh55
This looks like a roomy celica, perfect for a family. biggrin.gif

user posted image
Drocay
the Child seat will fit find in the back reversed, i had my sisters in for months. And the stroller will as well.
easternpiro1
yeah there is room but oh my god its A PAIN!!! and tell me that isnt a real pic of a celica wagon...lol! laugh.gif
axelrduvirage
bowdown.gif mad PS skills...well done!
Thundercat
Drocay, everybody sais its a pain in the big booty smile.gif what do you say?
jgreening
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Feb 22, 2006 - 11:08 AM) [snapback]397800[/snapback]

Here in the states its illegal to put a car-seat in the front

I know of no state where this is true. Kids need a carseat but thats it. The other is just a recommendation because the airbag can crush kids or small people.
amysmojo
u named ur kid Celica? well be prepared! when she grows up she is going to be Sexy...but Slow. hahaha laugh.gif jk

Celica = not a family car
frosty
QUOTE(Chanh55 @ Feb 22, 2006 - 5:49 PM) [snapback]397815[/snapback]

This looks like a roomy celica, perfect for a family. biggrin.gif

user posted image

QUOTE(easternpiro1 @ Feb 22, 2006 - 6:10 PM) [snapback]397823[/snapback]

yeah there is room but oh my god its A PAIN!!! and tell me that isnt a real pic of a celica wagon...lol! laugh.gif

Yep, that's a real deal celica, but I beleive it was only a concept car, not a production car. I remember finding that pic a couple of years ago and I thanked God for a month that that car never made it in production!

Anyways, back on topic, as eveyone already stated, the celica isn't really a "family" car, but if you really want it then it will accomidate your needs as a parent. (room for the kid and misses, and a sporty car to rlieve stress as a parent. A perfect combo)
Gatz
defiantly wouldn't wanna be the person stuck in the back... gettin a baby in out of a 2 door would get pretty old fast.. though when i was shopping for mine saw a advertisement saying "great family car" couldn't really figure it out
Thundercat
QUOTE(amysmojo @ Feb 22, 2006 - 3:06 PM) [snapback]397868[/snapback]

u named ur kid Celica? well be prepared! when she grows up she is going to be Sexy...but Slow. hahaha laugh.gif jk

Do i dare mention that she is blond to smile.gif
frosty
QUOTE(Thundercat @ Feb 22, 2006 - 8:23 PM) [snapback]397882[/snapback]

well........... rolleyes.gif
azian_advanced
whatever you do, never put your child in the front seat.. in the case of an accident, it is very dangerous, especially when you got air bags.
if you ever read the warning label on your driver side sun visor or the drivers manual, you'll see why.

anyway, if you ever have a 2nd child that comes out a boy, might as well name him Supra.. hehe
then the 3rd child will be named MR2.....

as the years go by from 4th gen (86-89) to the 6th gens, it is said that the amount of space becomes smaller and smaller.
i've owned all 4-6th gens and i would say they do get smaller but not that noticeably.
Thundercat
I would only have placed her in the front seat if the airbag was disconnected of course, i have seen what an airbag can do. I got a friend who got an 5th gen celica and he dont got any leg room at all in the back. Supra..hmmmm....hmmmm nah think i'll pass that smile.gif

azian_advanced, what did u do with your cd player to make it scream for help smile.gif
amysmojo
QUOTE(frosty @ Feb 22, 2006 - 12:27 PM) [snapback]397889[/snapback]

QUOTE(Thundercat @ Feb 22, 2006 - 8:23 PM) [snapback]397882[/snapback]

well........... rolleyes.gif

cwm13.gif kindasad.gif

Are you going to give her the Celica when she is older? Oh & what is her middle name?
Valo666
It shouldnt be a problem having 2 kids in the car and a stroller in the trunk. Ive had me and my gf in the front seats and her 7 and 10 year old cousins in the back, with a cooler powered by the cig lighter, and 4 duffel bags, my subwoofer, 2 folding chairs, 4 sleeping bags, and 6 pillows in my car going to my gf's cottage. It worked out pretty good. It was a little cramped, but it works. I find the only use for the back seats are for kids, or just keepin stuff on em. Ive had 4 adults in my car...i was sittin so far forwards that my foot was always on the clutch pedal cuz i couldnt move it over, the 2 guys in the back had 2 put their feet up on the seat because it was so cramped..mind you the guy riding shotgun was 6'4"
Hanyo
yea the celica is a 3 people car. every time i give someone a ride, they always sit sideways in the backseat.
Negative
QUOTE(jgreening @ Feb 22, 2006 - 6:54 PM) [snapback]397844[/snapback]

QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Feb 22, 2006 - 11:08 AM) [snapback]397800[/snapback]

Here in the states its illegal to put a car-seat in the front

I know of no state where this is true. Kids need a carseat but thats it. The other is just a recommendation because the airbag can crush kids or small people.

It's illegal in Texas.

I have two boys and they grew up in all my Celicas. Now they are 11 and 9 and they still have rom in the back and I'm 6'3". Also I grew up in a 1st, 2nd and 3rd (Celica Supra) gen - no problems. I say go for it. I've also had some pretty nasty collisions in some of my Celicas - thankfullly none of them my fault and the kids were not in them but nobody in my car got so much as a scratch and the cars were always fixable (some with more work than was justified by the insurance though) and most of the time the still got me home.
I say go for it.
amysmojo
Ive had both my nephews in the back of my car before, both in car seats!...that was interesting haha. made us pretty squished in front....& i could feel my seat getting kicked the whole time Woo!
Chanh55
I say you buy an All-Trac Previa.

user posted image *Bling Bling thumbsup.gif

Tell me this isn't the nicest minivan ever. http://www.threedaysmoon.co.jp/lineup/estima/top.html

Cutrara
I've crammed quite a few people in my car. Me (right guard/defensive tackle), a 340lb. Noseguard, center, and a wr after lifting. A couple of bookbags and duffelbags. Adam, the noseguard, was up against the windshield. The car bottomed out everywhere. It was horrible.
amysmojo
QUOTE(Chanh55 @ Feb 22, 2006 - 2:46 PM) [snapback]397980[/snapback]

I say you buy an All-Trac Previa.

user posted image *Bling Bling thumbsup.gif

Tell me this isn't the nicest minivan ever. http://www.threedaysmoon.co.jp/lineup/estima/top.html

tint those windows & then YES
Thundercat
That Previa is really nice, thought i just leave a message that my daughter is 6 months old
Celicav
Well Thundercat, your child is blond and you alternative car is a Volvo...I might guess you are from Sweden. How do you like it there? Cold but beautiful?
Celicav
Well Thundercat, your child is blond and you alternative car is a Volvo...I might guess you are from Sweden. How do you like it there? Cold but beautiful?
Celicav
Celicav
Celicav
Celicav
Chanh55
Uhh... is it just my computer or did Celicay just post 6 times?
CelicaZR
Yep he said it 6 times laugh.gif
I dont know how well the baby seat would fit in the back seat.
I've never had one tongue.gif
But I guess as long as you leave it on the passenger's side
shouldnt be too much of a hassle.
That is cute you named your daughter "Celica" smile.gif
Pram should fit in the boot nicely.
amysmojo
QUOTE(Chanh55 @ Feb 22, 2006 - 8:35 PM) [snapback]398208[/snapback]

Uhh... is it just my computer or did Celicav just post 6 times?

in voice of sixth sense boy:

I see 6 posts
Thundercat
Yepp im from sweden, sweden is filled with melting snow for the moment, so not that beautiful for the moment X 6 biggrin.gif
snapshotgt
QUOTE(CelicaZR @ Feb 23, 2006 - 1:00 AM) [snapback]398261[/snapback]

Yep he said it 6 times laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
azian_advanced
QUOTE(Thundercat @ Feb 22, 2006 - 3:07 PM) [snapback]397909[/snapback]

azian_advanced, what did u do with your cd player to make it scream for help smile.gif

oh... when i first bought my car from the insurance company auction.. the battery was dead and the stereo resetted and locked.. as part of the "anti-theft system" if the stereo is pulled out of the vehicle (aka stolen) then when you hook it back up again you're asked to input a 3-digit security code. so i went to my uncle's work (toyota dealership) and he contacted head office in Toronto to get the bypass codes. then it took about 3 mins to unlock the stereo and put in my own code.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.