Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 6th Gen Owner
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Deezz_Nuttz
Hello Ladies and Gents,

I just bought a 6th Gen Celica GT for my Wife, Love the Car, its a '99 GT White HatchBack with 68k Miles
I was supprised it ran so great... although I shouldn't its a TOYOTA! anyways heres the pics... any suggestions on first mods?

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Pics of my Car for kicks
user posted image
lagos
nice car. looks like its in great shape. mind telling us how much you got it for?

that car is going to last you a very long time, with minimal repairs. welcome to the site!
dustin15brown
nice screen name rolleyes.gif the car looks very nice though, first thing i would suggest is tint and clear side markers
jgreening
QUOTE(Deezz_Nuttz @ Feb 26, 2006 - 4:09 PM) [snapback]400020[/snapback]

any suggestions on first mods?

What type of mods are you interested in? (hp, suspension, exterior, interior, ICE, etc)
Deezz_Nuttz
Thanks

10k O.T.D.
I IT at the dealership and they keep telling me they lost money on the deal but I highly doubt it.

I looked it up and it was a trade in they gave previous owner 6,700 for the car and did about 2,000 worth of work on it. BTW it was a certified used car by toyota with 3 yr warranty

Its a auto so I dont think I'll be adding header or exhaust (maybe changing the tips though)... I'm leaning torwards looks and functionality. How about a subtle body you guys can suggest???
JFrost9
Very nice cars...one of the nicest stock celicas ive seen. Id suggest getting your hands on a pair of JDM tail llights...cuz i just cant stand the stock tail lights. but thats just me. Also id agree with dustin on the tint and sidemarkers. and then get some nice speakers/head unit.
Batman722
QUOTE(Deezz_Nuttz @ Feb 26, 2006 - 5:19 PM) [snapback]400025[/snapback]

How about a subtle body you guys can suggest???

SSIII front and rear splitters, check my profile for pics wink.gif

also, were you on the vortex ?
dustin15brown
I would say jdm tails look good, but unless youre wife is into cars I doubt she will understand paying $200+ for tail lights that are only slightly different
Digndoug
QUOTE(dustin15brown @ Feb 26, 2006 - 5:23 PM) [snapback]400030[/snapback]

I would say jdm tails look good, but unless youre wife is into cars I doubt she will understand paying $200+ for tail lights that are only slightly different

very true... but would be a nice mod

Id say go for some lowering springs, I think that makes the most dif to our cars, get rid of that nasty wheel gap.
lil_lissa
lowered, some splitters, and a nice set of rims and you're set!

looks damn clean though.. always love them in white!
Chanh55
I say get front and rear spliters. Nice and clean.

Edit: Oops just noticed batman said the same thing... oh well. I vote for them too. Pics below.

maikl's car. thumbsup.gif

user posted image

user posted image
j0e_p3t
nice car. i agree with everyone else. the splitters with your side skirts would look awesome yet subtle. and i'm not a big fan of the tail lights either. so if you got 200+ bucks laying around get some jdm tail lights. if not, then redding them out looks pretty good too. there's a bunch of stuff here you can learn so you'll always have something to do to your car.
Deezz_Nuttz
sweet... thanks for the input guys

yea I like the ssiii splitters and I need some JDM H.I.D. Headlights and tails also.. she already has a set of rims she would like on the car: Motegi FF7 in gunmetal. I'll keep you guys updated as I start modding the ride.

Oh, btw I am on the vortex. same SN

edit: I checked the parts database and I couldnt find the SSIII spliters??? can someone suggest where I can purchase some?
Shigexile
wow. very clean
Chanh55
Contact the seller from this link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JDM-96-99-Celica-ST2...1QQcmdZViewItem
dustin15brown
also contact doggy.... i think his prices are usually better
Batman722
QUOTE(Chanh55 @ Feb 26, 2006 - 9:05 PM) [snapback]400114[/snapback]

thanks Chan, nice car in that link wink.gif
kenjamatic
clean car and welcome the site you'll get lots of info on here...yeah the splitters a great mod for a clean look...i'm getting mines from the same guy in about two weeks laugh.gif laugh.gif ....can't wait...
Celicav
Welcome! And you have the rarest year made (1999 the least Celicas were made for 6th Gens)
playr158
woot!! thats 1 more celica + jetta owner smile.gif

nice celica bro
and nice dub i got a 1.8T jetta too smile.gif
97lestyousay
My fast says Jetta Pics should be in O_T lol JK
Nice Celi welcome, as Batman said Splitters
very clean look with stock skirts.
CelicaZR
Welcome smile.gif
Very nice stock looking car.
I would go tints first, then JDM Tails and Projectors and splitters.
Go with the SS-III look, if you want something nice and subtle wink.gif
Jdog1385
i love white celicas. definitely go for the front and rear splitters
hitcachi
Just make sure you keep it clean. Man i wish i had a '99
gt_driFFter
Are you a member on mr2oc?

Nice car, my vote goes for Tein S-tech lowering springs (about $150 shipped on ebay), tint, wheels, and if you have the money.. JDM projectors.
sals14
hi there...just new here too,,,likin your celica m8 smile.gif
95CelicaST
SS-III splitters, TEIN S-Tech springs, JDM Taillights, Projectors, Tint, Wheels (seems like your wife has that covered). Welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy your stay. The flight attendants will be serving drinks when we get to cruising altitude. Your in-flight movie is Initial-D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.