Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TRD Engine Mounts
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
GT4WRC
Front TRD mounts turned up this morning which kept me busy for a couple of hours. Front is easy as, but the rear is a real b*$&h! Still, after much frustration and perseverance, it was all done.

Here are the new mounts..

user posted image

user posted image

.. compared to the originals...

user posted image

Only perceivable difference (apart from the TRD stickers biggrin.gif ) are slightly different markings on the rubber (appear to be made by Toyo). Otherwise they seem to be exactly the same. Rubber is a harder compound which is where the real difference will be.

Once fitted, I took the car for a quick blat and the change was very quickly apparent. Old ones were certainly past their use by date and the car feels a lot smoother.

Are they worth the few extra $? Hard to tell. The old ones certainly needed replacing and I'm sure that standard replacements would have been just as effective - just gives you more bragging rights with the TRD ones I guess laugh.gif

Part numbers are
Front: 12361 - ST000
Rear: 12371 - ST000

Gary
Bigmeanbulldog55
I went with urithane. It seemed to help the car out. I'm not pushing near the hp you are, so I'm not sure how they would turn out for you.
GT4WRC
Having experience with solid engine mounts on my race car, I couldn't live with the extra vibration they cause on an everyday basis.
Gary
hitcachi
I know exactly what you mean about that damn rear mount. It took me alot of shoving and pushing and manuvering and cursing.
Mr_E
Cool. I may well invest in some of these.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.