Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: accident the other night
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
nader
so..i dont have much time but long story short, my friend hit my car the night before last night. the driverside fender is gone, my bumper is scratched a bit. frown.gif frown.gif

now my huge problem is that i cant tell my parents about this..the last time i was hit they threatened to take the car...apparently im a "careless driver" (wat can i possiblydo with a stock auto st!!!)where as it wasnt even my fault and ..im a perfecly good driver!! i baby the hell outa my car.

anyways i took it to Royal Autobody just yesterday morning, ive been told they do good quick work, soooo now here i am waiting at my friends house pretending to be at college (lol) untill about 6 this afternoon, oh man i hope they do a good job with lining everything up and blending it in. ill post pics when i get the car see if you can tell the difference, especially with the car being white n all
frosty
Dude that sucks. kindasad.gif

Is your friend paying for it? I'd say they should since they caused the damage.

It also sucks that your parents would get that angry with you over something that wasn't your fault. Well, one thing you need to do when you get the car back is to wash/wax/polish the rest of your car to help blend it in. When I got my car back from the bodyshop the colour was a match just it was obvious that it was new because of the shine.

I hope things work out for you though.
nader
thanks man, well yeah i was thinking of either giving it a good wash or letting it stay dirty for a while, see i live in an apartment building so its not like they always see the car....it was just so nerve wrecking last nigt!!!..i had to make sure they didnt see it cause it wasnt even there. i just hope everything turns out alright. Well the paint job on the car right now is prety good so im hoping the new paint wont be to to glossy, the guy said he would try to blend it as good as he can for me
95CelicaST
..So is your friend paying for it?
nader
yes hes going to pay
snapshotgt
sorry to hear man...

but...

not telling your parents will come back and bite you...you might want to tell them...and let them know you got it handled, and it was your friends fault...

just my 2 cents...good luck on the body work.

snap
frosty
QUOTE(snapshotgt @ Mar 3, 2006 - 4:34 PM) [snapback]402207[/snapback]

not telling your parents will come back and bite you...you might want to tell them...and let them know you got it handled, and it was your friends fault...

This is true. You said you live in some apartments? Meaning you are moved out from your parents? If my mom tried to take away my car now...she has no right, you know. ( unless your parents hold the title, then eww, sorry)
95CelicaST
If your parents had the title, and they took it away, what would they do with it? Sell it? Do you think they would mention it has been in an accident? No. Once the repair is done and everything you should tell them. They are going to be more angry if they find out later on, so tell them there was a minor accident that you had no part of, other than it being your car, and that it was repaired. Then ask them to point out where the damage was. They shouldn't be able to, and that will void their right to take it away from the accident.

my .02
j0e_p3t
man, not another accident. i hope i'm not next. anywho, good cover-up but i agree with everyone else.
CelicaZR
Good to see you got everything under control.
I'm glad it was a big accident.
Like all the ones I've been reading recently.
nader
This is true. You said you live in some apartments? Meaning you are moved out from your parents? If my mom tried to take away my car now...she has no right, you know. ( unless your parents hold the title, then eww, sorry)[/quote]

lol naw im only 18, i meant that i park in the basement and my dad parks upstairs...if anything ill tell them i nicked a poll or something and i just got it covered up, ill have pics posted up in a bit
nader
ok i managed to get some pictures.....the guy wasnt able to get me another turn signal but i think i can manage...id fix it myself but its to far damaged so i think ill just buy the clears from ebay:D...i think ill survive for a few days
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
what do you guys think?
95CelicaST
Looks good. You could also say it happened in a parking lot. Maybe someone opened their door into the lens and broke it.
dustin15brown
do you have any pics from before t he fix?
nader
yeah right here,
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
its not much but its what i have
snapshotgt
QUOTE(dustin15brown @ Mar 4, 2006 - 11:21 AM) [snapback]402553[/snapback]

I think dustin was referring to the damage?

.............but it looks good, just buy some clear ones and tell you partents about what happened smile.gif

snap

Valo666
damn nader..ur pretty lucky u got that thing fixed in such a short amount of time. Just tell ur rents that some one opened their door on the light..it passes. But yea, order a new side marker from toyota or get some clear ones..clears probably cost as much as a new OEM one. Good 2 see its fixed though.

BTW:..get on thouse redded turns..lol..come by my place some time not this week, but next and maybe we can get some work done on it..get that rust fixed and thouse turns redded out.
beastman
hey if you want i got a set of amber turns lying around if ure interested in them.. PM and well work somethnig out...
nader
QUOTE(snapshotgt @ Mar 4, 2006 - 12:59 PM) [snapback]402574[/snapback]

QUOTE(dustin15brown @ Mar 4, 2006 - 11:21 AM) [snapback]402553[/snapback]

I think dustin was referring to the damage?

.............but it looks good, just buy some clear ones and tell you partents about what happened smile.gif

snap

well they were the closest pics of that fender that i could find before it was damaged >_<
nader
QUOTE(Valo666 @ Mar 4, 2006 - 11:31 PM) [snapback]402737[/snapback]

damn nader..ur pretty lucky u got that thing fixed in such a short amount of time. Just tell ur rents that some one opened their door on the light..it passes. But yea, order a new side marker from toyota or get some clear ones..clears probably cost as much as a new OEM one. Good 2 see its fixed though.

BTW:..get on thouse redded turns..lol..come by my place some time not this week, but next and maybe we can get some work done on it..get that rust fixed and thouse turns redded out.

yea brian sounds good man we'll do it sometime soon biggrin.gif, well i did get the rust fixed before but i guess the guy who did it did a **** ass job and **** came back... mad.gif

oh and beastman im going to see whats goin on with the turns ill get back to you, thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.