Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think you guys might like this..
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
My2Celi
1-1.7psi intake

My friend has this on his civic dx <--lol and o boy do i feel it. i think it actually really works. i can really feel the differnce. i just like to share this information.
Hanyo
you just need to post a video of the tach, showing an increase of power.

lagos
lets not start this again...
playr158
not another one of these eturbo threads kindasad.gif
Bigmeanbulldog55
These threads can't be started without having some graphs or something. Otherwise ignorant jerks just flame all over the place. There is plenty of room for reasonable debate with the advantages and disadvantages with these, but 80% of this thread will just be bashing. I’ve known guys that swore by these things. The thing is, no real serious tuner, which I know of, has gotten a hold of one of these and really messed with it and shown results yet. If you’re serious enough to go to a dyno and test/tune your car, usually it seems like these are very taboo amongst that crowd. I try to keep an open mind. I haven’t said anything mean for a long time one here, but I’m really getting sick of people flaming on everyone. There are a bunch of members that are just acting like children on here, and they’re going to have a hay-day with this thread.
Batman722
buy it and do it do it

do it do it
madmods
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Mar 7, 2006 - 10:47 PM) [snapback]404091[/snapback]

These threads can't be started without having some graphs or something. Otherwise ignorant jerks just flame all over the place. There is plenty of room for reasonable debate with the advantages and disadvantages with these, but 80% of this thread will just be bashing. I’ve known guys that swore by these things. The thing is, no real serious tuner, which I know of, has gotten a hold of one of these and really messed with it and shown results yet. If you’re serious enough to go to a dyno and test/tune your car, usually it seems like these are very taboo amongst that crowd. I try to keep an open mind. I haven’t said anything mean for a long time one here, but I’m really getting sick of people flaming on everyone. There are a bunch of members that are just acting like children on here, and they’re going to have a hay-day with this thread.

AMEN
My2Celi
well i didnt know this was a serious matter. well ive seen it and im doing it. just trying to b nice on my discovery.
Chanh55
QUOTE(My2Celi @ Mar 7, 2006 - 4:45 PM) [snapback]404170[/snapback]

well i didnt know this was a serious matter. well ive seen it and im doing it. just trying to b nice on my discovery.

Do a before and after Dyno and shut everyone up. biggrin.gif

Btw: This "Discovery" of yours thing pops up like every other month on 6gc.
celicaST
QUOTE(Batman722 @ Mar 7, 2006 - 5:01 PM) [snapback]404130[/snapback]

buy it and do it do it

do it do it

i already have it, just havnt installed it yet. was going to install it least weekend but its just a tad to long to fit inline with stock airbox as i had intended. will put it on this weekend though, possibly even tomorrow. i had planned dynos, but as i told defgeph, i couldnt find any around here. closest would be in denver. actually they have one on campus, but they told me i couldnt use it for nonacademic purposes. mods wont let me open up my thread again until i have it on. i guess its ok to have pointless arguments over whether the celica is a sports car or not, but god forbid a legitimate argument rolleyes.gif vids of speedo will be posted though, and again everybody coming to the colorado meet can check it out.

been doing tests on it though, just let me say this little thing is impressive. hell its almost worth 300 bucks to play with tongue.gif.

QUOTE(My2Celi @ Mar 7, 2006 - 5:45 PM) [snapback]404170[/snapback]

already doing it my thread. nice to have a second opinoin though smile.gif

remember guys, nobody is saying this is a replacement for a turbo or supercharger, but rather an alternative to buying a shortram or cai.

here is another thread discussing the eram eram on elantra forums

ive tryed to explain the physics to people. but ill say it once again, it takes POWER (and a properly desinged fan/housing assembly to prevent backflow) to provide a significant pressure gradient at high flow rates. the eram is NOT like this low power blower
also, me and my brother have been searching thomasnet thomasnet for parts to build a high power electric supercharger. coming along well smile.gif

if anybody was curious, heres the fan blade eram uses blade
Bigmeanbulldog55
^^I was wondering if you would post. I'm curious to know how your project turned out. If you don't want to post, send me a pm if you would.
Jeremy1210
Im curious too. The geek in me wants to know the scientific facts, and its an experiment and experiments are always cool
presure2
mods wont let me open up my thread again until i have it on. i guess its ok to have pointless arguments over whether the celica is a sports car or not, but god forbid a legitimate argument vids of speedo will be posted though, and again everybody coming to the colorado meet can check it out.

WTF is that???
YOU asked me to close the thread, via PM.
YOU are the one who said it should stay closed till you get the dynos.
dont make it look like i did it just to close your thread.
pure_dx
just spend the $300 that thing cost and invest it for a CAI or SRI, if that thing costs like $20, i'd understand people wanting to do it, but $300?!! just buy a SRI of CAI
celicaST
QUOTE(presure2 @ Mar 8, 2006 - 10:02 AM) [snapback]404567[/snapback]

mods wont let me open up my thread again until i have it on. i guess its ok to have pointless arguments over whether the celica is a sports car or not, but god forbid a legitimate argument vids of speedo will be posted though, and again everybody coming to the colorado meet can check it out.

WTF is that???
YOU asked me to close the thread, via PM.
YOU are the one who said it should stay closed till you get the dynos.
dont make it look like i did it just to close your thread.

lol it wasnt directed towards you, i know i asked to have it locked. just a general feeling ive had. i mean, arguing is healthy, and one reason i like this site is because the members hardly ever resort to personal attacks or swearing like middle school kids. i asked to have it unlocked after i got it because i was going to report some stuff (like static pressure tests, impressions on build quality, shipping, etc). i couldnt unlock it because it would "cause more arguing". i guess it just perplexes me how this thread wasnt locked when it turned into a bash natalie thread. or how other completely pointless arguments are ok. do you get what im saying?
jgreening
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Mar 7, 2006 - 4:47 PM) [snapback]404091[/snapback]

The thing is, no real serious tuner, which I know of, has gotten a hold of one of these and really messed with it and shown results yet.

Why do you suppose that is?
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(jgreening @ Mar 8, 2006 - 1:15 PM) [snapback]404611[/snapback]

The thing is, no real serious tuner, which I know of, has gotten a hold of one of these and really messed with it and shown results yet.

These things are not serious power adders. Although I think they will gain some hp, it's not to compare with the poteintial of a sc or tc. Both sc and tc have been proven time and time agian to work, and there is more than enough info on how to make them better effectivelly. The electronic one hasn't really been proven yet. It's shown gains in comparision to new exhaust or intake. I think it's possible to make the same gain eventually, but it's going to take a ton of work. It's just easier to use a proven method. And besides that, there are a bunch of the non-functional ones out there that give the rest a bad name. Same thing goes for those big aluminum/carbon fiber wings. They work great on FWD, RWD, or AWD if applied correcty, but they hold a bad reputation, so most don't use them.
jgreening
QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Mar 8, 2006 - 2:58 PM) [snapback]404708[/snapback]

QUOTE(jgreening @ Mar 8, 2006 - 1:15 PM) [snapback]404611[/snapback]

These things are not serious power adders. Although I think they will gain some hp, it's not to compare with the poteintial of a sc or tc. Both sc and tc have been proven time and time agian to work, and there is more than enough info on how to make them better effectivelly. The electronic one hasn't really been proven yet. It's shown gains in comparision to new exhaust or intake. I think it's possible to make the same gain eventually, but it's going to take a ton of work. It's just easier to use a proven method. And besides that, there are a bunch of the non-functional ones out there that give the rest a bad name. Same thing goes for those big aluminum/carbon fiber wings. They work great on FWD, RWD, or AWD if applied correcty, but they hold a bad reputation, so most don't use them.

I believe that serious tuners don't mess with them because they are not serious options for adding power.
lagos
ever look at your rpm gauge while your engine fans come on?
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(jgreening @ Mar 8, 2006 - 6:17 PM) [snapback]404775[/snapback]

QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Mar 8, 2006 - 2:58 PM) [snapback]404708[/snapback]

I believe that serious tuners don't mess with them because they are not serious options for adding power.

Yeah, pretty much the same thing I said except shorter and simpler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.