Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MPG problem
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
95gtschick
1 thing for sure - thermostat stayed open all the time, got that replaced last week.

secondly, more than likely my head gasket is shot.... i always have white smoke when i start up my car, my oil is like, brown with white, kinda looks like chocolate milk, also, in the top of the oil cap there's like, white foamy stuff (looks like coolant)... so yeah, that SUCKS because it's expensive. but oh well, if it fixes my gas problem (16.2mpg), then i suppose it's worth it.

anyway, just figured i would update you! if you have any pointers and how-to's for head gasket change, pm me or post them in here to give me a hand.

thanks guys smile.gif
lagos
if your oil or coolant looks like coffee with milk, then you definetly have a blown head gasket. its a big job to replace.

read the BGB section of celicatech.com for detailed instructions on how to do it. i hope you worked on a car before, because like i said, it is a major job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.