Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weapon R Intake System
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
TRDDawg
Is this intake any good? How much hp increase did you or should you get?
Drolius
I have one of the original weapon r intakes on my car, by original I mean not their new line of "dragon" intakes...those suck, IMO. I am pretty sure you can still order the original weapon r intakes and I can't give you an exact amount of HP gain you will get w/ out a dyno but it is safe to say you do get an increase. Hope this was helpful.

Eddie
ghostdog
make your own cold-air-intake. its cheaper, more effective, and easy to do. directions in the how-to section of the site.
Drolius
True, that is also a good option. Your car, do what ya want! wink.gif
Rivo
I also have one of the original Weapon R intakes. The pipe itself is great, the filter element was a POS that was plastic and fell apart. I have a k&n in there now for the filter. It sounds awesome though, I'll try and get some sound bites for ya.
Drolius
Yeah...I agree the filters that come on those intakes are big time POS, like you the K&N replacement is the way to go!
FallenHero
I also have the Weapon-R. The filter is a BAD idea. I advise you to go here and order a three inch pipe and fittings. Then get a aftermarket filter.
http://www.topspeedauto.com/products/intakes.htm
6gencelica
i have a weapon-r dragon intake. the filter sux. i also replace w/ a cone filter. get a dolocek racing intake. i have heard nothing but good things about these. i am planning on getting one soon. www.evilspeed.com is their website i think.
Cragspider
Yeah, I have it to. I also replaced it with a K&N filter. If your looking for an intake, either make your own or get the CAI from evilspeed.
Bryan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.